Senior Dog Saves Family's Life
- Uploaded by SterlingRose on Jun 17, 2013
- Views: 40
Corry Barboza abruptly woke up after her newly-adopted senior pooch began jumping on and off the bed. After getting dressed and leaving the bedroom, Corry was met with the harsh scent of gas.
Some dogs aren't hesitant to make a scene when alerted of potential dangers. A 13-year-old chocolate lab named Chip surely isn't.
A family in Westport, Massachusetts adopted the older pooch after he was featured in a "Pick of the Litter" video by ABC 6 news. On top of having a new happy home, Chip has been credited with saving his family's life.
His human mom, Corry Barboza abruptly woke up after the senior pooch began jumping on and off the bed. He was doing circles around the room trying to get Corry's attention.
Assuming he had to go outside for a potty run, Corry got dressed, but as soon as she opened the bedroom door, she was met with the harsh scent of gas. She immediately checked the stove and realized the gas was on.
She ushered her kids out of the home and opened all doors and windows.
She stated "I was really grateful, because we wouldn't have had a dog, we would have had no way of knowing that the gas was coming out."