Strange Box on Google Mars

Description:

I was perusing on Google Mars, the Mer Opportunity Rover, Paysons Panorama, when my eyes caught an odd rather unnatural looking rock amidst the field of other Rocks, I do not know what to make of it,... it just doesn't look like any rock I have ever seen for sure. I don't easily make the leap into space aliens, or the like but this just seemed so out of place and does look somewhat engineered. Go to Google Mars and take a look for yourself and see what you think.

Previous Media Next Media
Show more Show less

• Relevant1#

Relevant1 April 14, 2011 9:36:20 PM CEST

case of Budweiser

• Lectriclarry#

Lectriclarry February 13, 2011 7:37:53 PM CET

Look under "Photos" for "What is it?" and "What is it? 2" for more strange items on Google Mars/ Rover Spirit "Bonneville Crater panorama" and "on the way to Bonneville Crater".

• Spikey#

Spikey December 21, 2010 7:30:39 PM CET

Lots of symmetry on that 'rock', that's for sure.Well spotted, you may have just found a piece of broken moulding from a building or structure.There's a lot of weird stuff on Mars, you've just found a bit more of it, well done. Thanks.

• 10ftpole#

10ftpole November 13, 2010 2:18:09 AM CET

WOW ! You've found the lost ark of the covenant, good job.

• Rayvenfear#

Rayvenfear September 7, 2010 2:09:52 PM CEST

This is where the Martian Pirates burried their treasure...

• Charliemagpie#

Charliemagpie September 8, 2009 5:26:06 AM CEST

There is more.I found 3 'rocks' which look like skulls. 2 are on the left of the object in this video and 1 is 3/4 way on the right. Strange but I have to say they look like they belonged to the alien grays... the ones with the big round forehead and large eyes.To add to the intrigue, if you zoom about 75% it will be easier to work with the scale.. and you will find that all three 'skulls' are identical in size and feature. What are the odds in 1 panorama shot to find 3 identical objects. I repeat.. feature and size.

• Wompasdub#

Wompasdub September 6, 2009 8:07:28 AM CEST

I'd have to say I agree with cdr123, it's amazing the things geology can create

• Cdr123#

Cdr123 September 6, 2009 7:36:55 AM CEST

Hillside is collapsing and odd bits of rock roll down the hill. Nothing odd about that.What we need is some decent pics/vids of the moon/ mars so there is no confusion about what is being viewed.Unfortunately the Americans appear to airbrush out anything half interesting. Google moon/ mars leaves people trying to interpret what's left of the pics -sometimes by adding shades and colours.This in turn proves nothing unfortunately.

• Mikleanjello#

Mikleanjello September 6, 2009 7:19:36 AM CEST

no I am not sure it's a cube, honestly I am not sure what it is, it just looks very odd and patterned in an unnatural way,.... the apparent symmetry of it in the overall shape, the white seemingly panels,.... and what looks possibly like protrusions is what makes me wonder ? I guess being an artist shape are easily seen by me,... perhaps it's nothing but who knows ?

• Crunchy#

Crunchy September 6, 2009 7:13:29 AM CEST

strange but nothing surprises me anymorebut are you sure its a cube ? the human brain tends to fill in the missing parts that are buried although one of the many sattalites or probes that were lost could explain this but i will stay open mindeda good example of weird rock shapes is the giants causway in ireland ..... if we saw that in the same wayas this image we would all say that has to be artificialor .... its an inter dimensional alien space ship from the planet pindz lol