Breaking News Water Test Beaker Explodes from Gulf

• Puzzlgrl
  • uploaded: Jul 19, 2010

• Easymind#

Easymind July 29, 2010 1:25:25 PM CEST

oh boy. You probably would think a building on fire would have a lot of smoke in it because you saw somebody smoke a cigarette in one of the rooms? When there is an oil spill that brings tarballs on shore there is oil in the water, no need for a scientist explicitly confirming the existence. The only thing science can figure out is how much there is at specific times at specific places. And in the money making and strategic oil dollar business I would not trust a chemist telling me something is safe for my body. Chemist have said tobacco is not harmful.

• Puzzlgrl#

Puzzlgrl July 28, 2010 4:30:46 AM CEST

So true, that is the most evil part of this whole problem, at levels that are dangerous, this stuff cannot be seen, felt, or smelt...I'm afraid the world's oceans are in for many years of degradation. Expecting our governments to tell us when something is dangerous is like expecting the banks to tell us that it would be cheaper if we kept our money at home.

• Puzzlgrl#

Puzzlgrl July 28, 2010 4:24:23 AM CEST

Okay Merginglight, I agree I spoke too soon about sunscreen and its insidious by-products [I have now looked and wish I hadn't because I use the stuff and now I'll just be avoiding any significant sun exposure instead (hmmm, maybe a parasol?) --after all our sun indexes have risen and what used to be okay is no longer] That being said, I wanted to address the fact of why I am posting at all. I do not engage in the blame game, nor do I think complaining/whining/nitpicking or anything of the sort is the answer. My ONLY reason for posting is to try to wake up the "average-joe" who is stupid enough to believe the EPA and is exposing his child and family to these dangerous waters and air. I personally am stuck in FL temporarily, but you won't find me anywhere close to the Gulf or the water coming up the East coast either -- an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

• Trey456#

Trey456 July 27, 2010 6:16:30 PM CEST

they want golfers to die and take over the land for their evil purposes

• Puzzlgrl#

Puzzlgrl July 27, 2010 12:46:01 PM CEST

Amen to that...however, even worse (if you can believe this) Louisiana has reopened the Gulf to sport fishing as well as regular fishing (TO EAT!)...but this keeps gov't/BP from having to pay out-of-work fishermen as it's their choice to work or not and if they die early, well, same thing...

• Puzzlgrl#

Puzzlgrl July 27, 2010 12:43:02 PM CEST

Thanks, I try to keep up without getting too depressed, crazy, or manic...it's quite a balancing act. Project Gulf Impact is a good site for new info on YT as well as Florida Oil Spill Law.com [take out spaces] and check out Facebook for many supportive pages too.

• Merginglight#

Merginglight July 26, 2010 1:49:09 AM CEST

Mumin I agree with you on this. Busy beaches are probably some of the worse poluted of all populated fun areas and for a lot of reasons. It's obvious that it could be from the oil spill, but it's also obvious that it could be from pre- existing 'normal' traffic, 'normal' being stuff human beings do on a normal daily basis.

• Merginglight#

Merginglight July 26, 2010 1:42:21 AM CEST

Sunscreen doesn't have toxic by products? That's a good one. Puzzlgrl, I know you care and you've probably done enough research to know better then some, but to say that sunscreen doesn't have toxic bi-products is a falsehood. Sunscreen is very toxic. That's not saying that the oily film on the water did or did not come from sunscreen in this case, but it is to say that sun screen is toxic. Too, the only way to get a fair and balanced report on the test results is to also do the same sort of tests on as busy a beach, but a beach that hasn't been effected by the oil spill. Until such tests are done and displayed, I'm not going all weak in the knees over this find. I feel badly about the whole oil spill tragedy, it bothers me deeply. But what bothers me more is that people are blaming the big oil companies. Yeah, they're guilty, but so is anyone who feeds these companies their money by buying gas or any petrolium by-product, which is almost everything people use these days. We buy their crap and then when something like this happens we want to cry about it? They could have only gotten as big and bad as they have with all our help. I don't know you or what you've been through, and everyone knows there's a lot more to this story then we're seeing, but it doesn't take a genius to know that we have to stop feeding these companies and that starts with you and I, right now. But if you think being suspectful and complaining about it will accomplish anything, be my guest.

• Iamjackalope#

Iamjackalope July 26, 2010 1:30:27 AM CEST

This video proves one thing. The south has no shortage of morons. The water is toxic you fucking imbeciles keep your fucking kids out of it. Where is CPS when you really need them? They should be combing the beaches and taking those kids away from their moronic parents. The lack of concern is epic. But they said it was safe..... Fuck the EPA and all of the federal ABC agencies. Remember what they said the day after 911? If you believe what they say about every thing being safe and back to normal then by all means go swimming. What's the world with one less idiot in it anyways?

• Ancientfossil#

Ancientfossil July 25, 2010 9:20:01 PM CEST

Hey when you come to America...don't drink the water!