Jon Huntsman - Serial Obama
- Uploaded by Renseor on Jan 11, 2012
- Views: 499
FAIR USE NOTICE: This video may contain copyrighted material. Such material is made available for educational purposes only. This constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
Posted originally at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWLfaH7yQ6Q. I don't know which group is behind it. I thought it had some interesting facts on Huntsman though.
Jon Huntsman is not a serious candidate for president...
- He could not compete in Iowa.
- He has not qualified for the Illinois ballot, the 5th largest state.
- He has not qualified for the Virginia ballot, the 12th largest state.
- Huntsman is the only candidate refusing to pledge NOT to raise taxes
- Huntsman did NOT sign a balanced budget pledge:
- According to a 2008 study by the Cato Institute, "Huntsman has completely dropped the ball on spending, with per capita spending increasing at about 10 percent annually during his tenure." http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/pol...d-for-2012-bid
- Huntsman said in 2009 that President Obama's failed "stimulus" spending bill didn't spend enough -- it should have been a trillion dollars. Huntsman was also unequivocal in his backing of the Wall Street Bailout, or TARP, saying in a 2008 debate with his Democratic opponent that, "Do we need a rescue package? Do we need the federal government to backstop to the tune of $700 billion? I don't think there's any way around it. Congress is going to have to step in and do something. http://www.clubforgrowth.org/whitepa...sec=137stFilter::_decode_entities...
- Utah GSE (Government Sponsored Enterprise): In 2008, Governor Huntsman "announced a plan in his state budget proposal that would include $400 million in bond funding through the Utah Housing Corp. to buy mortgage-backed securities from Utah lenders." The President of the Utah Housing Corporation at the time described the plan, which would "...essentially have the agency acting as the state's version of Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac." http://www.clubforgrowth.org/whitepa...sec=137stFilter::_decode_entities...
- Huntsman sees NAFTA as "a success beyond anyone's expectations"
- Huntsman once said "health care is a right," and he once threatened insurance companies in Utah with adding mandates if they did not reduce the price of health insurance, saying that after a year of asking "If that doesn't work, then I think we're looking very realistically at an individual mandate in getting us to where I think we need to be."
- Huntsman was one of only two Republican Governors (the other was Arnold Schwarzenegger) to sign onto the Western Climate Initiative, which "is an alliance of states and provinces along the western edge of North America seeking to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and lay the groundwork for a regional cap and trade system."
- Huntsman was listed as a member of the CFR from 1993 to 1998
- Henry Kissinger says Huntsman makes a "good candidate," but won't endorse him or anyone. "When I endorse a candidate, he loses," Kissinger joked
- Huntsman was president Obama´s ambassador to China from to 2009 to 2011. He quit is job to run for president, meaning he now wants to beat Obama after having worked for him just eight monts ago (He quit on April 30th 2011).
- When Huntsman was reportedly considering a Senate run earlier this year, some Utahns even suggested he run for the office as a Democrat
- Huntsman would consider a preemptive strike on Iran
- As Governor, Huntsman threatened to veto a measure repealing in-state college tuition for illegal immigrants
- In 2005, Huntsman signed a bill giving illegal aliens access to "driving-privilege cards", which allowed them to have driving privileges but unlike driver licenses, cannot be used for identification purposes.
- The Huntsman family gave 25K to senator Harry Reid (D-NV) in the last election cycle
- Lynn Forrester de Rothschild, wife of Sir Evelyn de Rothschild ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evelyn_..._de_Rothschild ) hosted a big fundraiser for Huntsman (1.2 million) in July at her New York house.
- Of the 12,000 Huntsman Corp employees worldwide only 2,000 are employed in America
There were no specified categories