100 DAYS OF HEAVY SNOW: Britain now facing worst winter in S

Conspirator

PostSun Nov 17, 2013 5:59 am » by Malogg

100 DAYS OF HEAVY SNOW: Britain now facing worst winter in SIXTY YEARS warn forecasters

LONG-RANGE weather forecasters warned tonight that Britain should prepare for heavy and persistent snow for up to THREE MONTHS with winter 2013 set to be the worst in more than 60 years.

The latest detailed forecasts for winter 2013 ALL point to months of relentless extreme cold with heavy snow likely across the country.

Arctic air will roar in from the North Pole later this week, triggering the start of the worst winter in many people's lifetimes.

Experts in long-range weather forecasting said the WHOLE of Britain should be prepared for this winter to be the most severe since 1947, which saw the UK hit by relentless snow and some of the lowest temperatures on record.

February 1947 was the coldest in history with heavy snow the following month leading to seven-metre high drifts.

Flooding was also a problem as rain ran off frozen ground in torrents leading to widespread chaos on the roads.

Read more etc here >>> http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/443462 ... ast-for-UK
Blame the rock she has her faults

Conspirator

PostSun Nov 17, 2013 6:03 am » by Harbin

The j...

The 'illuminati' wants to kil the Scots...
Antiwar.com

Conspirator

PostSun Nov 17, 2013 6:21 am » by Malogg

Harbin wrote:The j...

The 'illuminati' wants to kil the Scots...

O'rly :nails:
Blame the rock she has her faults

Writer

PostSun Nov 17, 2013 6:22 am » by Devilishwork

The UK is in a panic and grinds to a halt with just a few days snow. If we get this, and I do mean IF then we will be fucked. We don't have enough grit for the roads most years. And the councils never seem to learn. Our winters are getting colder yet they still don't prepare enough by planning ahead.

Conspirator

PostSun Nov 17, 2013 6:27 am » by Harbin

Mexicans are NOT without foresight.

Rice and beans.

sterno, or something to make fire.

Have it handy.
Antiwar.com

Writer

PostSun Nov 17, 2013 6:42 am » by Devilishwork

I'm quite lucky in that I always pre plan a have plenty to last me. There will be a massive rush on in the shops and super markets over this, even if it don't happen.
We had something similar a few weeks ago when we was warn of a "super storm". The super market shelves emptied faster than ever. Funny thing is it was not that bad.

I sometimes think we are told things like this to make us panic and go raid the shops. We keep doing and then nothing happens. So the next time there is a warning less people bother and so on until no one will bother, that's when they will need it the most.

Initiate

PostSun Nov 17, 2013 7:39 am » by Flipper

As I have said before, if the snow is a inconvenience to you in the northern hemisphere please send it to Australia. The coldest it got here in winter was 1.9c. Come on mini ice age. :dancing:

Initiate

PostSun Nov 17, 2013 11:43 am » by Spikey

Just what we need when the Ukraine is threatening to turn off the Russian gas supply to Europe.

Wonder how many 10's of 1000's of old people will be allowed to freeze to death this winter?

Fuck the roads...supplies can be choppered in when needed. Fuel for cars won't be available anyway.

Make sure you have bottled water INSIDE your home, in case mains water goes. Have wood for a fire, even if it's in your garden
or balcony if in a flat. A BBQ, even a 'use once' one will cook your food and can be used repeatedly.

Have fuel for it handy, or use broken up pallets for fuel if you run out.

Water can be boiled for washing on a BBQ.

DON'T USE A BBQ INSIDE (without ventillation) CO GAS WILL KILL YOU!!!

Stock up on AT LEAST a months worth of dry food..rice, pasta, packets of value brand dried mash potato, dry soup mix, tins
of food, beans, kidney beans, tomatos, meat (corned beef, stewed steak, chicken curries) etc.

Dried packet noodles and pot noodles will tide you over in emergencies.

Did i mention bottles (can use tap water in old soda bottles) of water should be inside?

Candles...wind up torches and headtorches, lanterns etc. The power may go off, if isolated stations and OH cables fail.

Make sure your elderly relatives have what they need, and plenty of warm coverings, sleeping bags, wooly clothes etc.

If it does hit bad, good luck to all and just use your common sense and you'll be fine.

Initiate

PostSun Nov 17, 2013 12:00 pm » by DarkHeart

Certain things will disappear off the shelves so think ahead, snow chains, heaters that use bottled gas & camping stoves esp the twin ring type are cheap and will keep you going if power is cut.

Make sure your car is prepped, new antifreeze in the radiator, & screen wash, a new battery if its 4 years old or older, and old coat, boots, high energy food bars, drinks, torch & spade in the boot.
Image #1 contre les salopries d'existence

Conspirator

PostSun Nov 17, 2013 1:53 pm » by Aardvaaks

Way better than a BBQ or open fire, try making one of these beauties from recycled scrounged materials, they work very well and are very useful say in the Sudan or South America where wood is scarce because it is side loading and burning, boils water in next to no time when you have the wind direction fuel placement just so.

The Rocket Stove
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P6ValmUnjz4
' I'm leaving because the weather is too good. I hate London when it's not raining'.
Groucho Marx

Next