12 Things That The Mainstream Media Is Being Strangely Quiet

Super Moderator

PostFri Jul 01, 2011 5:27 pm » by The57ironman

evildweeb wrote:
Jeez guys, you bitch about the wrong things. Fucking paste it in tards.

:flop: ..................thank you .......

and thank you for the paste :mrgreen:
................................................... CHA-CHINGLE BELLS .................................................
ImageImageImage

Master Conspirator

PostFri Jul 01, 2011 5:44 pm » by Boondox681

reminds me of a joke....
how many liberals does it take to screw in a light bulb?
none.
they'd rather stand around in the dark and bitch about it.
:D
"I wish i was there when the horse was stole,but I reckon I'll see the tracks when I get there"
-Abraham Lincoln

Conspirator

PostFri Jul 01, 2011 7:20 pm » by Thebluecanary

While we're pasting....here is a clarification of the changes in gold buying, from a blog for precious metal investors called Pure Profit:

"You may have started to hear some rumors that the Dodd-Frank Act passed last year will soon make it illegal to buy gold and silver.

One of my favorite news blogs, Zero Hedge, recently discussed this story in spectacular fashion. But their original headline “Trading of Over the Counter Gold and Silver to be Illegal Beginning July 15” is somewhat misleading.

You can read the entire 848 pages (!) of the Dodd-Frank Act for yourself by clicking here, but here’s the gist of it – the part of it that may cause some confusion and even some hysteria.

Section 742 A (on page 357) basically outlaws Over the Counter (OTC) margin account trading on all commodity futures under most circumstances.

I haven’t included the full body of the text because it’s honestly impossible to read unless you have some sort of legalese background or you have time to deconstruct the sentence the 18 different ways necessary to understand it. And my above summary of the Dodd-Frank Act is just that – it doesn’t include the many and sundry exceptions, hold-outs, loopholes and sub-texts.

By the way, if you’ve ever looked at one of these pieces of legislation – clearly written by lawyers and highly functioning sociopaths with a penchant for confusing language – you HAVE to come to the conclusion that your Senator or Congressperson has probably not laid eyes on it.

No sane person would look at this 848 page document and decide to sit and read it. This type of incomprehensible legislation is the opposite of what a reasonable person would call the law.

It’s nearly impossible to understand!

Regardless of the evil nonsense it may or may not contain – laws are USELESS if most people can’t understand them.

But here we are.

Now, back to the specific confusing part of the Dodd-Frank Act: when some people hear “over the counter” (OTC) they may think of the common transactions that occur at every pawn shop and brick and mortar coin shop, as well as some gold and silver bullion dealers.

That’s NOT what the Dodd-Frank Act refers to. It refers to a very specific type of futures exchange trading. And while I object to this legislation (and not just on this front), it will not have any effect on your or my ability to walk down to the coin shop and buy a bag of junk silver or gold eagles.

It’s my belief that the Dodd-Frank Act WILL cause the price of nearly everything to rise – and not because of any underlying supply or demand factors.

Here’s why:

When the government reduces liquidity in the market, (which this act explicitly does) it makes the market less efficient. That inefficiency raises costs for producers. It raises costs for consumers. It raises costs for futures traders.

The whole purpose of this Act in the first place was in response to “evil speculators” who allegedly caused commodity prices to rise in 2008. So…the Dodd-Frank Act which is supposed to keep prices from rising will have the effect of making prices rise.

So you have to wonder – are the folks who wrote this fancy piece of 848 page legislation stupid – or are they evil? Do they intend to use the failure of this legislation as proof that the government is incapable of controlling prices – or will they use this failure as an opportunity to claim a need for MORE regulation, MORE confusing laws, MORE market intervention?

If history is our guide, we know that Dodd-Frank II will further restrict commodities trading – and possibly the next round of laws will outlaw gold and silver purchases.

In any event, you can (and should) bet that this legislation will increase gold’s price in dollars.

Invest accordingly. "
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Previous