BBQ: Foods-Grills-Builds 2013/14

Conspirator

PostSun Dec 01, 2013 1:17 am » by Shaggietrip

Here is a re-do of the Sirloin cook above. With extras lol.

Upload to Disclose.tv

ImageImage
Star watchers,Sun,Moon or just space in interest. https://www.darkskywatcher.com/dsw74.html

Conspirator

PostSun Dec 15, 2013 7:17 pm » by Shaggietrip

Cooked this last night. The outside shots are pretty dark. I will have to come up with something for future night cooks.

Upload to Disclose.tv

I do hope all are still out there grilling.I have not forgot I need to get something made for annual prize.

ImageImage
Star watchers,Sun,Moon or just space in interest. https://www.darkskywatcher.com/dsw74.html

Super Moderator

PostSun Dec 15, 2013 8:18 pm » by Spock

Looks yummy Shag! Gotta love that mayo-based dressing too!

I failed miserably today - 2 days in and my father asked me to pick him up some BBQ beef ribs from the local smokehouse, I caved and devoured 1/2 a pint of bbq pork - straight up with no sauce, just seasoning and smoked flavor - OMFG!!!!!

Conspirator

PostSun Dec 15, 2013 8:29 pm » by Shaggietrip

Spock wrote:Looks yummy Shag! Gotta love that mayo-based dressing too!

I failed miserably today - 2 days in and my father asked me to pick him up some BBQ beef ribs from the local smokehouse, I caved and devoured 1/2 a pint of bbq pork - straight up with no sauce, just seasoning and smoked flavor - OMFG!!!!!

Dont get to down on yourself. Going vegan is not that easy I am sure. :flop:
ImageImage

Super Moderator

PostSun Dec 15, 2013 8:53 pm » by Spock

Indeed man - I came home to this, and I have to say it was damn good, I wish I had not of caved, but, I'm only an animal.

This is baby-bella mushrooms, onions, garlic and snow peas stir-fried in coconut oil, worsteshire sauce and pepper.

Super Moderator

PostSat Jan 18, 2014 8:20 pm » by Spock

SPOCK'S DAMN GOOD, FIREY & SMOKEY WINGS

Really easy and sooooooo good that dipping in Blue Cheese or Ranch is just wrong. However, instead of the sauce I use here, you can use Frank's Wing Sauce instead which I have done, and they are great with dressings.

The thing is - when wings are done, I don't like dressings, but when they are heated up the next day, and the sauce gets baked into them a little and they dry out some, then dressings are good on them.

Anyway...

Buy some wings, separate the parts...

Put in pan and dowse with black pepper and garlic powder...

Put in an oven preheated to 350 degrees (convection if possible - cooking temps and time vary if not convection)

Purchase you favorite BBQ Sauce and Canned Chipotle Pepper IN ADOBO SAUCE!!! I like a mild sweet BBQ sauce for this - so Bullseye Original is my favorite.

Puree the Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce...

Pour BBQ Sauce into sauce pan on put in pureed Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce and stir. Mix in as much pepper puree as you can take, the smoked flavor is what makes the sauce so great, but be mindful of the heat of the peppers (to taste).

Heat at low heat until slowly bubbling...

Cook wings at 350 degrees for 1.5 hours, or until the skin has browned and "candied"...

Scrape the wings out of the pan and put in a large bowl. Pour enough sauce on them to fully cover them. With the remaining sauce, funnel back into the BBQ sauce bottle and save for something else (like tator-tots)...

Serve and GET MESSY!!!!

I do realize this is not on the health agenda - but it is a great way to spend while preparing, listening to an interview or watching Ghost shows, like I did. And once a week indulgence for something like this is okay, so enjoy!

And Remember, NEVER FRY OR BATTER YOUR WINGS!!!! Always season and cook in oven or on the grill.

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 24, 2014 12:36 am » by Shaggietrip

Well I must say there was some good cooks this year. I want to thank all that participated. I hope you all had fun with your cooks and the thread itself.

After looking at all the grills I had forgot about some and damn good looking items. The time has come to pic the best over all. I will not be voting or will I be eligible for the final award. Follow link at bottom of the page. I will leave the poll open for at least a week. If you recall you favorite punch it in 1 vote per day. If you do not have a trip down memory lane and refresh on the cooks.

I did not go through and pic any favs. I simply added all whom posted their grills/cooks. I will ship the award anywhere on Earth. No intergalactic deliveries plz.

I had the main pieces of stainless steel cut out on the laser. I will need 7-10 days to finish the award after poll tally, at that time and will send it away.

Here are the main pieces .

The items above will be applied to a wooden back board. Keep in mind these are straight off laser. Still peel coat on some and uncleaned.

Poll link
http://poll.pollcode.com/6938974

ImageImage

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 24, 2014 12:44 am » by Truthdefender

Shaggietrip wrote:Well I must say there was some good cooks this year. I want to thank all that participated. I hope you all had fun with your cooks and the thread itself.

After looking at all the grills I had forgot about some and damn good looking items. The time has come to pic the best over all. I will not be voting or will I be eligible for the final award. Follow link at bottom of the page. I will leave the poll open for at least a week. If you recall you favorite punch it in 1 vote per day. If you do not have a trip down memory lane and refresh on the cooks.

I did not go through and pic any favs. I simply added all whom posted their grills/cooks. I will ship the award anywhere on Earth. No intergalactic deliveries plz.

I had the main pieces of stainless steel cut out on the laser. I will need 7-10 days to finish the award after poll tally, at that time and will send it away.

The items above will be applied to a wooden back board. Keep in mind these are straight off laser. Still peel coat on some and uncleaned.

Poll link

That's pretty cool man, right on! I wish I had participated! :cry:

@ spock, I love hot wings. Even the cheapy pizza hut suckers. Probably eat em' once a week or so.

Funny story, (kinda mean too): I used to think hot wings were the tiny legs and wings of baby
chickens :oops: Still ate em' up though

Upload to Disclose.tv

In Christ are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 24, 2014 1:12 am » by Shaggietrip

Truthdefender wrote:
Shaggietrip wrote:Well I must say there was some good cooks this year. I want to thank all that participated. I hope you all had fun with your cooks and the thread itself.

Poll link

That's pretty cool man, right on! I wish I had participated! :cry:

@ spock, I love hot wings. Even the cheapy pizza hut suckers. Probably eat em' once a week or so.

Funny story, (kinda mean too): I used to think hot wings were the tiny legs and wings of baby
chickens :oops: Still ate em' up though

Thanks Truthdefender. It is a new year. Could always enter some of your cooks for 2014. I liked the story by the way. :cheers:
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 24, 2014 2:30 am » by Truthdefender

I think I just might. My first rib grilling experience went pretty badly. I didn't know I had to bake the ribs first...

Upload to Disclose.tv

In Christ are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge

PreviousNext