15 Things You Didnt Know About Death

Super Moderator

PostSun Sep 05, 2010 2:15 pm » by -Marduk-

15 Things You Didnt Know About Death

Interesting and bizarre facts about dying and death.
Have a look and be enlightened about what may lay ahead.

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 05, 2010 3:21 pm » by Thesaint

My friend injected himself with curry powder last year.

He's not dead but he's been in a Korma for the last twelve months. :lol:

(sorry, couldn't help myself) :cheers:

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 05, 2010 3:32 pm » by Lilith

A human head stays conscious for 15-20 seconds after decaptivation.

woah that's awkward :scary:

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 05, 2010 3:40 pm » by Otomon

Formaldehyde and Ethanol in our soil! We are killing the planet with dead bodies!!!
I am energized 13 I am CHRISTalized 13 I am amplified 13 I detach from the illusions of matter 13 I no longer choose to play the unconscious role 13 I listen to my intuition 13 I am in my flow 13 I break free from all negative soul ties 13

Super Moderator

PostSun Sep 05, 2010 4:14 pm » by -Marduk-

lilith wrote:

An account from a Dr Beaurieux, of an execution by guillotine states that 5-6 seconds after the event the lips and eyelids worked with "irregular rhythmic contractions". After this, the eyes opened and rolled back. Calling the victim's name caused the eyes to move back into position and focus on the doctor and then go back to how it was. Calling a second time had a similar effect, a third call had no effect. The whole account describes 25-30 seconds of events.

1880- Dr. Dassy de Lignières is given the head of a murderer three hours after decapitation. He pumps blood from a living dog into the head, and for two seconds the lips and eyelids fluttered. Concludes the doctor:"I affirm that during two seconds the brain thought."

1905- Dr. Beaurieux is able to investigate the head instantly after decapitation. "Here then is what I was able to note immediately after the decapitation: the eyelids and lips of the guillotined man worked in irregularly rythmic contractions for about five or six seconds. I waited for several seconds. The spasmodic movements ceased. The face relaxed, the lids half-closed on the eyeballs, leaving only the white of the conjuctiva visible, exactly as in the dying whom we have occasion to see every day... It was then that i called in a strong sharp voice: "Languille!" I then saw the eyelids slowly lift up, without any spasmodic contraction - I insist advisedly on this peculiarity - but with an even movement, quite distinct and normal, such as happens in everyday life, with people awakened or torn from their thoughts. Next, Languille's eyes very definitely fixed themselves on mine and the pupils focused themselves. I was not, then, dealing with a vague dull look without any expression that can be observed any day in dying people to whom one speaks: I was dealing with undeniably living eyes which were looking at me."

1956- Dr. Piedelièvre and Dr. Fournier conclude, "Death is not instantaneous... every element survives decapitation... (it is) a savage vivisection followed by a premature burial."

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 05, 2010 11:33 pm » by sockpuppet

lilith wrote:

Oh yes, Dostoevsky addresses this (I think in The Idiot?) asking, Do you suppose that the head realizes it's falling once it's been severed from the body?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouyVS6HOFeo

Initiate

PostMon Sep 06, 2010 6:13 pm » by Memccool

hmmm weird information
Hi, how are you today? Would u like a tall glass of SHUT THE F*CK UP!!!!