1980's song "Silent Running" Warned Us

Initiate

PostSun Feb 26, 2012 4:36 am » by pretzellogic

Silent Running- Mike and the Mechanics

This song has always grabbed my attention. The music fits the lyrics so well. I like songs like this that don't explain themselves. It causes us to have to discuss the meaning, so that we can together arrive at the meaning, then take action. A couple of clues to the meaning of the song will help you in your discussion of the lyrics.

First, there seems to be a consensus that the song is speaking about the cold war, as this conflict between the United States and Russia was going on when the song was written. The band seems to be calling us to take action, and live for a bigger purpose than ourselves.

Many think that the song is being sung from the standpoint of Jesus, as there are allusions to someone speaking from heaven who works with the high command. Too, there is an encouragement to pray to God, with the promise that the Father and the Spirit will help from somewhere above the Earth, with Jesus not mentioning Himself.

Whatever all the meaning to this song is, it certainly causes us to think, and to have to consider our own purpose in life.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Take your children and yourself and hide out in the cellar.
By now the fighting will be close at hand.
Don't believe the church and stateand everything they tell you.
Believe in me I'm with the high command.

Can you hear mecan you hear me running?
Can you heal me runningcan you hear me calling you?
Can you heal mecan you hear me running?
Can you hear me runningcan you hear me calling you?

There's a gun and amnunition just inside the doorway;
Use it only in emergency.

Better you should pray to God, the father and the spirit.
Will guide you and protect you from up here.
Can you hear me can you hear me running? . . .

Show allegiance to the flag whatever flag they offer.
Never hint at what you really feel.
Teach the children quietly for some day sons and daughters.
Will rise up and fight where we stood still.

Can you heal me running can you hear me calling you?
Can you hear me running can you hear me calling you?
Can you hear mehear me calling you?
Can you hear me running hear me running!
Can you hear me running hear me running!
Calling you calling you!

Initiate

PostSun Feb 26, 2012 5:13 am » by Whaleylakeufo

Law of attraction, I just listened to this song on Utube a few hours ago, not sure why, just googled it and listened, now I see your post.
Synchronization

I am with the high command.
Indeed we are
Peace

Initiate

PostSun Feb 26, 2012 5:22 am » by pretzellogic

whaleylakeufo -

yeah thats odd, but sync'd up!

Some have suggested thought of this as future warning and rapture as seen by the kid going up into the air...

The rapture is a reference to the "being caught up" referred to in 1 Thessalonians 4:17, when the "dead in Christ" and "we who are alive and remain" will be caught up in the clouds to meet "the Lord". The term "rapture" is used in at least two senses in modern traditions of Christian eschatology; in pre-tribulationist views, in which a group of people will be "left behind", and as a synonym for the final resurrection generally. Also reference Revelation 3:3
Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you. and Rev 16:15.

thanks very much for writing.

Be well GBY+
:cheers: