1st Crop Circle of 2009

Super Moderator

PostSat Apr 25, 2009 12:02 pm » by Spock

Low6 and DirtyRabbit - just fully read your posts and it's tripping me out. I've always said my title is "Graphics Whore". I have days of ispiration followed by weeks of nothing. I'm sick of this job too - but it's the only thing I can think of to make as much money at as I do.

Anyway. My friend has a MacIntosh store and he just moved, I did his old website and will be starting on another today.

Here are 2 skins I've come up with for the site - the orginals are in Illustrator - They'll go through Fireworks/Dreamweaver the typcal stuff. So instead of enjoying the outside - I'll be doing this...

Super Moderator

PostSat Apr 25, 2009 12:23 pm » by Spock

I used to do a million of these for ryobi (illustrator) freelance. The cool thing was they would send me the product so I could take make pictures and create the drawings - and then they never asked for the products back - that was 10 years ago, so I guess they're mine.

Master Conspirator

PostSat Apr 25, 2009 12:24 pm » by Drjones

Master Conspirator

PostSat Apr 25, 2009 12:26 pm » by Cornbread714

Wow, Rabbit, I'm blown away as well. Really beautiful, powerful work.

It really strikes a chord in me (no pun intended) when you guys talk about losing the desire to create.
I struggle with this every day.
I'm sitting in my studio right now, surrounded by instruments and recording equipment and I have not one ounce of desire to go in there and create anything on my own.
I think the business has ruined me and coincidentally enough, my heart was also broken by my muse.
I still work, I'll be touring with one of the best harmonica players in the world starting next week, and I still love being on stage, especially big shows with a great band (not talking arenas here, but headlining small festivals).
But I'm tired of trying to promote myself. I just take the work that comes to me, and I teach, produce other people and tour in other people's bands.

It makes me feel a little less guilty when I see other talented folk in the same predicament.
Sometimes it feels like everything is on hold, maybe if there is a big shift in the paradigm my art will have meaning again.

Cheers, people and here's to getting our muses back! :cheers: :sunny:

btw, Spock, nice guitars, I love PRS stuff, and you really are a mac guy aren't you?
"ispiration"? Was that intentional, or a Freudian typo? :D
Last edited by Cornbread714 on Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Super Moderator

PostSat Apr 25, 2009 12:28 pm » by Spock

Have you ever designed 3 versions of something - loved one of them, and designed one that you didn't like (to insure your favorite was picked) but the customer loved your least favorite - happens to me ALL THE TIME!

Anyway - It pays the bills.

Super Moderator

PostSat Apr 25, 2009 1:36 pm » by Spock

I tried to PM you DirtyRabbit and it doesn't look like it going through?

Previous