2000 thousand year old computer

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 12, 2014 11:14 pm » by Phoenix rising

2000 thousand year old computer

The Antikythera Mechanism

I just watched this on BBC4, sadly i can't find that version on you tube without subs but here it is...

have to say this is way up there with one of the best documentaries I've even seen, the way these guys back engineered the device is just brilliant, the forensic deciphering, the latest 3d xray technology used and the reconstruction of the device, a superb watch for those who haven't seen it...

In 1901, a group of divers excavating an ancient Roman shipwreck near the island of Antikythera, off the southern coast of Greece, found a mysterious object - a lump of calcified stone that contained within it several gearwheels welded together after years under the sea. The 2,000-year-old object, no bigger than a modern laptop, is now regarded as the world's oldest computer, devised to predict solar eclipses and, according to recent findings, calculate the timing of the ancient Olympics. Following the efforts of an international team of scientists, the mysteries of the Antikythera Mechanism are uncovered, revealing surprising and awe-inspiring details of the object that continues to mystify.

Upload to Disclose.tv

We live a one directional life in an omnidirectional existence