2012? Not really, it's actually 2013

Writer

PostWed Mar 07, 2012 6:36 am » by Dmonix

I'm not sure if this has been posted around before, I couldn't find in my search, but i never have much luck with forum searches anyhow...

So ya, what do 2012er's have to say about the leap year. Do they, did they account for that? How could they when Ceasar created it in like 50B.C....
So in reality, it's actually like July something 2013....

Super Moderator

PostWed Mar 07, 2012 7:00 am » by Seahawk

DOH!!!!!!

Good point!

Guess we made it then, eh? Whew!!! :banana:

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Master Conspirator

PostWed Mar 07, 2012 7:07 am » by Cornbread714

So, are you telling me this is not Miss Maya March 2012?

Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Writer

PostWed Mar 07, 2012 7:16 am » by Dmonix

:o :owned: She can be Miss Whatever She Wants To Be! hehe

Initiate

PostWed Mar 07, 2012 7:25 am » by Warngen

If you aren't an expert mechanic, you are not likely to take an engine apart to repair, add, or remove something from that engine. Likewise, if you don't have the adequate skills to create an accurate calendar, then you probably won't make one. I'm pretty sure that if he, or someone he appointed, created a calendar, then they would be an expert at it and account for these things. There are 29 days every 4th February, so someone must have gotten it right.

Besides, the mayan calendar still, to this day, predicts moon cycles to the second. If there was a flaw in the calendar, the error would build up to a point where the months/days were off so bad, that the seasons would 'appear' to be switched. Summer in January and Winter in August.

Wouldn't you think so if you were to think about it at all?

Just a thought :cheers:
It's only information and it is freely given. It doesn't cost you anything and you are under no obligation to believe it or act upon it, or criticize it either. It's just an opinion given in the interest of helping and nothing more.
You come to your own conclusions based on your own experience

Writer

PostWed Mar 07, 2012 7:35 am » by Dmonix

warngen wrote:If you aren't an expert mechanic, you are not likely to take an engine apart to repair, add, or remove something from that engine. Likewise, if you don't have the adequate skills to create an accurate calendar, then you probably won't make one. I'm pretty sure that if he, or someone he appointed, created a calendar, then they would be an expert at it and account for these things. There are 29 days every 4th February, so someone must have gotten it right.

Besides, the mayan calendar still, to this day, predicts moon cycles to the second. If there was a flaw in the calendar, the error would build up to a point where the months/days were off so bad, that the seasons would 'appear' to be switched. Summer in January and Winter in August.

So, in short you're saying that because the "flaw" existed int he first place (the 365+days in an "actual" year) the Mayan's would have put it in and accounted for it.

Initiate

PostWed Mar 07, 2012 11:05 am » by Warngen

dmonix wrote:
warngen wrote:If you aren't an expert mechanic, you are not likely to take an engine apart to repair, add, or remove something from that engine. Likewise, if you don't have the adequate skills to create an accurate calendar, then you probably won't make one. I'm pretty sure that if he, or someone he appointed, created a calendar, then they would be an expert at it and account for these things. There are 29 days every 4th February, so someone must have gotten it right.

So, in short you're saying that because the "flaw" existed int he first place (the 365+days in an "actual" year) the Mayan's would have put it in and accounted for it.

My understanding is that the mayan's calendar was a 28 day, 13 month calendar.

You said
So ya, what do 2012er's have to say about the leap year. Do they, did they account for that?
and I think yes they did account for it. If they didn't then the seasons wouldn't match the months(like they have been ever since I've lived.)

If you are talking about the comparison between the mayan calendar and the gregorian calendar, then yes, someone has accounted for it...because the lunar cycles denoted in the mayan calendar matches the moon cycles shown on your calendar at home to the second.

Maybe the creators of todays calendar added the leap year to make things match up?? So who says it's a flaw? Have you though about that?

I basically just re-typed my previous post.. :rtft:
It's only information and it is freely given. It doesn't cost you anything and you are under no obligation to believe it or act upon it, or criticize it either. It's just an opinion given in the interest of helping and nothing more.
You come to your own conclusions based on your own experience

Initiate

PostWed Mar 07, 2012 12:28 pm » by Bert666

warngen wrote:
dmonix wrote:

My understanding is that the mayan's calendar was a 28 day, 13 month calendar.

You said
So ya, what do 2012er's have to say about the leap year. Do they, did they account for that?
and I think yes they did account for it. If they didn't then the seasons wouldn't match the months(like they have been ever since I've lived.)

If you are talking about the comparison between the mayan calendar and the gregorian calendar, then yes, someone has accounted for it...because the lunar cycles denoted in the mayan calendar matches the moon cycles shown on your calendar at home to the second.

Maybe the creators of todays calendar added the leap year to make things match up?? So who says it's a flaw? Have you though about that?

I basically just re-typed my previous post.. :rtft:

good point

Super Moderator

PostWed Mar 07, 2012 3:45 pm » by Spock

Perfect. I was about to post this as i received it from a mass mailing today.

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 07, 2012 4:01 pm » by 99socks

This is something I am actually getting peeved about... Everyone being so obsessed with the leap year. The only reason we add an extra day is because it's easier to add 1 day every 4 years than it is to figure out what to do with 6 extra hours in a solar year. It's not hard, it's not a conspiracy.

Another peeve; people who keep trying to insinuate there is something wrong with our dating to the Mayan calendar, who go back waaaaaay the fuck too far in history. The calendars were aligned when the Spanish met the Mayans. End of story. Counting leap years and months and all kinds of stuff before that doesn't mean squat!

If all the people on this site were really using their brains, they would realize that the Mayan calendar is more than an artificial calendar like ours; it is natural. Using the calendar, you can predict moon cycles, sun cycles, and star placements... maybe even stuff like comets. So scream all you want about some stupid conspiracy about our calendar, or the mistakes people made in counting days because they forgot leap years or whatever... Fact is, you can arrive at the same date by counting full moons, or eclipses, or the solstice, or the precession of the equinoxes, and whatever. Additionally, we can be certain that at some point, someone plugged in the number of days left on the calendar to one of these electronic date tables from a date sometime with the Spanish conquistadors. They are free, they are everywhere, and they do count leap years.

Not only that, but Dec. 21 2012 is the solstice anyways.
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014

I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Next