2012 Republican ticket? Ron Paul and Mitt Romney

Super Moderator

PostThu Feb 23, 2012 7:48 am » by domdabears

Santorum campaign suggests Mitt Romney may have done deal to make Ron Paul his running mate

After tonight's debate, in which Ron Paul and Mitt Romney repeatedly attacked Rick Santorum over his 16-year record in Congress, the former Pennsylvania hinted that something nefarious was going on.

"You have to ask Congressman Paul and Governor Romney what they've got going together," Santorum told reporters in the spin room in Mesa, Arizona. "Their commercials look a lot alike and so do their attacks."

Santorum's top strategist John Brabender went even further, charging that the two men had "joined forces" and were coordinating attacks against his man

"Clearly there's a tag team strategy between Ron Paul and Mitt Romney. For all I know, Mitt Romney might be considering Ron Paul as his running mate. Clearly there is now an alliance between those two and you saw that certainly in the debate."

The was also coordination in their attack ads, he charged. "Ron Paul for all practical purposes has pulled out of Michigan. Correct? Where's he running negative ads against Rick Santorum? Michigan.

"It was interesting to me that if you watch Ron Paul when he came into the debate wrote negative things about Rick Santorum down because when he started to get questions he would immediately pick up his paper and start mentioning Santorum stuff."

He added: "What is amazing to me this shows a remarkable ability by Romney, who has already proven to be the most negative man in history on TV, now he's even training his opponents to be negative for his benefit and actually I think that takes remarkable skill."

The Romney campaign ridiculed the notion there was any coordination. "If ever there was an iconoclast who got up there and said what he believed it's Ron Paul," said Stuart Stevens, Romney's chief strategist.

"The President of the United States's political action committee is now running ads that are just like Rick Santorum's. Is Rick Santorum coordinating with the President of the United States? I don't think so.

"So I think that's a sort of whiny silliness. It would not even be a question if he [Santorum] felt that he'd answered these questions better.

"To say, 'People are ganging up on me' in a debate where there's only four people in the debate and they're raising questions kind of speaks for itself."

http://harndenblog.dailymail.co.uk/2012 ... -mate.html

Super Moderator

PostThu Feb 23, 2012 7:58 am » by domdabears

Super Moderator

PostThu Feb 23, 2012 8:02 am » by domdabears

They even admit he's 2nd in delegates.

They say it at the end of the second video.

Super Moderator

PostThu Feb 23, 2012 8:19 am » by Seahawk

Lmao. "Whiny silliness." Powah wittle wicky santowum. awwwww.

Man, Paul and Romney? That's just too surreal a concept for me to handle. :P

So, Paul didn't have any kind of rallies today, in Arizona?? They only had Romney and Santorum on C-Span today. What's up with that?

:cheers:

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Super Moderator

PostThu Feb 23, 2012 8:22 am » by domdabears

I just can't see him running with any of them.

If he did, he wouldn't be allowed to speak. Or Romney better go with Ron's point of views.

I just can't see it.

I wouldn't vote if he did. What the fuck does the vice prez do? Nothing.

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 23, 2012 8:53 am » by Hackjames

I'd like to think that after Romney was sworn in Paul would immediately jump into the air, kick Romney's head clean off and assume the Presidency.

Unfortunately, I cannot think that, and would not vote for Romney/Paul (but maybe Paul/Romney...though that's suspicious as well).
This is your world. You're the creator.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Initiate

PostThu Feb 23, 2012 8:58 am » by Crunchy

from a UK perspective this stinks of desperate shit stirring.
romney and paul thats the most rediculous thing ive heard yet.

as for paul attacking santorum lets step back and consider that santorum is pauls rival
in many religious leaning states (apart from mormon leaning states) so thats to be expected .... just more bullshit and lies from the santorum camp and gop in a desperate bid to affect pauls rising popularity.

but if paul did run with romney that would just prove to many that paul is not who we would like to believe and its just the same old establishment bs we have seen time and time again .......im not religious but i pray that this is not the case for the sake of the entire planet.

Super Moderator

PostThu Feb 23, 2012 9:04 am » by Seahawk

Guys. There's no way. RP would run with Romney. Absurd. That's just ridiculously outlandish speculation. I don't even think he was serious about it. It's just what the guy says "whiny silliness."

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 23, 2012 9:07 am » by Hackjames

seahawk100 wrote:Guys. There's no way. RP would run with Romney. Absurd. That's just ridiculously outlandish speculation. I don't even think he was serious about it. It's just what the guy says "whiny silliness."

I could MAYBE, POSSIBLY see Paul taking Romney as his VP (and that not meaning Paul was a douche). It seems pretty unlikely, but the details would define how I felt about it.
This is your world. You're the creator.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Super Moderator

PostThu Feb 23, 2012 12:09 pm » by Spock

At the end of the day, as disappointed as I would be, I still think a Romney/Paul ticket is better than 4 more years of Obama.

Next