2012-The End Is Not Near- New Mayan Tablet Decoded!

Initiate

PostThu Dec 01, 2011 2:50 pm » by Serendipity

The following is an article based upon the study of a second tablet from the Mayan civilization that describes the return of Bolon Yokte, the Mayan God of war and creation.

[url]
Image[/url]

The translation proves the Mayans were concerned with preparing for a new age, not apocalypse.
I do not endorse or refute their interpretation of the coming transition.
I would like to hear what others think.

Expert: Mexico glyphs don't predict apocalypse

MEXICO CITY (AP) — The end is not near.

At least that's according to a German expert who says his decoding of a Mayan tablet with a reference to a 2012 date denotes a transition to a new era and not a possible end of the world as others have read it.

The interpretation of the hieroglyphs by Sven Gronemeyer of La Trobe University in Australia was presented for the first time Wednesday at the archaeological site of Palenque in southern Mexico.

His comments came less than a week after Mexico's archaeology institute acknowledged there was a second reference to the 2012 date in Mayan inscriptions, touching of another round of talk about whether it predicts the end of the world.

Gronemeyer has been studying the stone tablet found years ago at the archeological site of Tortuguero in Mexico's Gulf coast state of Tabasco.

He said the inscription describes the return of mysterious Mayan god Bolon Yokte at the end of a 13th period of 400 years, known as Baktuns, on the equivalent of Dec. 21, 2012. Mayans considered 13 a sacred number. There's nothing apocalyptic in the date, he said.

The text was carved about 1,300 years ago. The stone has cracked, which has made the end of the passage almost illegible.

Gronemeyer said the inscription refers to the end of a cycle of 5,125 years since the beginning of the Mayan Long Count calendar in 3113 B.C.

The fragment was a prophecy of then ruler Bahlam Ajaw, who wanted to plan the passage of the god, Gronemeyer said.

"For the elite of Tortuguero, it was clear they had to prepare the land for the return of the god and for Bahlam Ajaw to be the host of this initiation," he said.

Bolon Yokte, god of creation and war, was to prevail that day in a sanctuary of Tortuguero.

"The date acquired a symbolic value because it is seen as a reflection of the day of creation," Gronemeyer said. "It is the passage of a god and not necessarily a great leap for humanity."

Last week, Mexico's National Institute of Anthropology said a second inscription mentioning the 2012 date is on the carved or molded face of a brick found at the Comalcalco ruin, near the Tortuguero site. It is being kept at the institute and is not on display.

Many experts doubt the second inscription is a definite reference to the date cited as the possible end of the world, saying there is no future tense marking like there is in the Tortuguero tablet.

The institute has tried to dispel talk of a 2012 apocalypse, the subject of numerous postings and stories on the Internet. Its latest step was to arrange a special round table of Mayan experts this week at Palenque, which is where Gronemeyer made his comments.

http://news.yahoo.com/expert-mexico-glyphs-dont-predict-apocalypse-040313881.html
One person CAN make a difference!- the Spirit of Mohamed Bouazizi

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 01, 2011 3:21 pm » by Constabul

Well, its a vague article, new discovery, more contextual meanings of cycles of time kept by the mayans. In such, not really adding to anything not already known.
But it is good they are finding data that backs the standard assessment of current understandings.

I've not looked into mayan stuff for a long while, largely due to a limited source to examine.
Correct me if i am wrong, but as i've understood it. Most of the mayan inscriptions were destroyed by the Spanish and priests who plundered the wealth, and sanctified the unholy.

With only a couple of original texts ( meaning like two or three) surviving for use to drawl any source of understanding from. To which i would be skeptical, because it would not be the first time the clergy has forged or falsified documents of another peoples.
Aside from calendars of stone here and there. I've always been skeptical about "new" discoveries dealing with 2012.
There are a slew of doomtards, moonbats, and religious wackos. Who jump on the 2012 doomtard train and do a batshit crazy dance.

Which I find kinda amusing when links from revelations, nostradamus, and mayan 2012 are lumped together in a nice history channel special.
and people give the ancient aliens series shit.

What do i think of the article, well, as someone who loves archeology, anthropology, and just plain historical cultural development trends, it was a Ok article. like i said, just pretty much a find to confirm academia take on the 2012 dates meaning.
Beyond that run of the mill news.
:flop:

edit to add,
The return of Bolon Yokte, likely nothing more then say, the return to the constellation Aquarius, or the leaving of Pisces.
but* that is my take on that tidbit too.

Writer

PostThu Dec 01, 2011 3:52 pm » by Littlehelper

edit to add,
The return of Bolon Yokte, likely nothing more then say, the return to the constellation Aquarius, or the leaving of Pisces.
but* that is my take on that tidbit too.

So we have two different sets of tablets. One that they say "Something horrific is going to happen in.", 2012 & now you have another one saying the possibility of a "God" returning.

The second set of tablets, which they already said that the tablet has so many cracks in it that the deciphering of it is impossible. Then how do they come to the conclusion of a "God" coming back in 2012? Kind of odd. More fuel for the fire.

Initiate

PostThu Dec 01, 2011 3:58 pm » by Serendipity

Then how do they come to the conclusion of a "God" coming back in 2012? Kind of odd. More fuel for the fire.
They come to that conclusion based upon the inscription "It (or He) returns"http://www.disclose.tv/forum/mexico-acknowledges-2nd-mayan-2012-reference-it-arrives-t63309.html
One person CAN make a difference!- the Spirit of Mohamed Bouazizi

Writer

PostThu Dec 01, 2011 4:04 pm » by Littlehelper

serendipity wrote:
Then how do they come to the conclusion of a "God" coming back in 2012? Kind of odd. More fuel for the fire.
They come to that conclusion based upon the inscription "It (or He) returns"http://www.disclose.tv/forum/mexico-acknowledges-2nd-mayan-2012-reference-it-arrives-t63309.html

The text was carved about 1,300 years ago. The stone has cracked, which has made the end of the passage almost illegible.

Based on that quote from the article I wonder how they can piece together a end inscription based on the fact that there may be missing parts of the "end tale."

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 01, 2011 4:30 pm » by Poooooot

Good article. I tend to take studies more seriously if they aren't full of outlandish claims and "proof" (when it is clearly an interpretation/impression). I personally believe that if the end of the calendar is anything at all, then it is more likely to be some sort of spiritual/energetic change, rather than physical catastrophes as prophesied by many.

I give it 4/5 stars
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 01, 2011 6:01 pm » by Truthdefender

Upload to Disclose.tv

In Christ are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge

Initiate

PostThu Dec 01, 2011 6:42 pm » by Kolgoroth

A new Mayan tablet has been recently discovered. After carefully deciphering the tablet it seems to give a message for the world on the date on Jan 1 2013.

The Message reads......

Dumbasses.

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 01, 2011 8:19 pm » by Chronicnerd

Actually,

Many of you have seen this:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Before I post some other stuff, there are a few concepts that you might or might not be aware of, the first one is that due to our Galaxy's motion, our solar system (as a body) has motion, and as such the orbit of our planet really isn't the type of "circular" orbit around the sun...but is actually a *spiral*:

Upload to Disclose.tv

We have references of spirals inscribed on artifacts and rocks around the world, some carbon dated more than 6,000 years ago...

Upload to Disclose.tv

Since a lot of this is based on South American "history and artifacts", we need to know a few more things about their history before we start to see how much we *dont* know versus what everyone *thinks* they know today:

Upload to Disclose.tv

While this might seem "odd" that there are all of these references, there is a video that should be viewed to understand past attempts to disclose facts about how long humans have been here as well as some key points about any historic information you might *think* you know...but really isn't the way things *are*:

Upload to Disclose.tv

We also know that we are *still* finding structures all over the planet if you have watched any of the Ancient Alien series. As an example, a very modern crafted 12,000 year old structure was recently uncovered:

Upload to Disclose.tv

I am sure you have heard about the Sumerians, but in case you are a bit foggy on this you should also watch this:
Zecharia Sitchin
Sumerian Text Translator and Expert on Sumerian History
Sumerian Gods and 2012:

Upload to Disclose.tv

More on Sumerian History:

Upload to Disclose.tv

The Sumerian, Egyptian, Mayan, Judaic, Muslim, Nordic, Hindu, and pretty much most all major world religions that have spanned for thousands of years... all are based on a fundamental concept:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Now with all of this information (it will take sometime...maybe come back later tonight or the weekend) and check *all* of the videos out.

ILLUMINATION of the SOLAR GATES

Upload to Disclose.tv

(an interesting part of the above video at around 10:36)
Spectroscopy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectroscopy

Now, we have new Mayan tablets talking about December 21st, 2012 being the "End of Time (and start of new time) when He/She/It returns"... which is the "literal" translation in the context of the understood God of the Mayans. This "God" is the same god of many religions...

We have Son of God that many people think could really have been the "God of Sun" (or Son of Sun God) as being the reverse interpretation through mistranslation and/or understanding of the Egyptian records.

While it all could be just coincidence that we now are finding structures carved from rock that only a diamond bit drill could cut, we would have a very difficult time replicating, and were so large we would have to use some of our largest cranes, vehicles, and build roads to get them to their current location. Of course, some of these structures are more than 5,000 years old and there is no evidence of any form of "road" nor do we have any evidence of any form of "tool" that could carve these structures.

I will reserve my own personal opinion until the day has come and gone, however just because the 2012 date has been "further defined" to its meaning...its meaning leads one to think about this "God" they speak of (who came from the heavens). If such a being existed, based on what we know from all the religions around the world and looking at where we are, as a race, currently...

There are some general ideas to ponder about after watching all of this and doing your own research before just flat out believing this line of thinking:
How do you think the being(s) will react to our race?
How do you think we will react to it/them?

All just food for thought... and it is...truly... all about the Sun!
:sunny:

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 01, 2011 8:45 pm » by Poooooot

chronicnerd, thank you for all that information! I look forward to watching the videos tonight. Thanks :flop:
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Next