30 cows committed suicide by falling off cliff 2nd incident

Master Conspirator
Location: Packing my stuff and moving to Denver like you should be doing

PostTue Oct 20, 2009 11:13 pm » by Savwafair2012

Upload to Disclose.tv

(MYFOX NATIONAL) - More than two dozen cattle have mysteriously fallen from a cliff to their deaths in the Swiss village of Lauterbrunnen, leading some to wonder if the bovines committed suicide.

The Daily Mail reports that in just a span of three days , 28 cows and bulls plunged hundreds of feet and were killed instantly.

"'We are investigating because cows growing up in the mountains normally can estimate dangers and do not plunge down cliffs," a police spokesman said. Rescue crews flew helicopters into the valley to retrieve the carcasses, which posed a pollution threat to the local groundwater.
Cows are usually let loose by farmers at high altitudes in the Alps so they can graze. Some occasionally do fall to their deaths, but many agree that to have so many fall in such a short span of time is unusual.

Locals speculate that recent thunderstorms may have spooked the animals. But scientists dismiss the notion that the cattle committed suicide. They said the more likely explanation is that the animals were migrating in huge droves in search of more food and tightly followed each other one when they fell off the cliff to their deaths.

Last week more than 30 cows fell to their death off a cliff into the Fresno River near Coarsegold, Calif. Neighbors complained after the carcasses were left to rot for more than a week.

FAIR USE NOTICE.
Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, . http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Initiate

PostTue Oct 20, 2009 11:19 pm » by Rawdney

That's terrible. I hate seeing pictures of dead animals. My bet is, some kids on a quad scared them and chased them off.

jetxvii

PostTue Oct 20, 2009 11:31 pm » by jetxvii

see now this is a mysterious but good post.

jetxvii

PostTue Oct 20, 2009 11:49 pm » by jetxvii

slushpup wrote:I was joking earlier...

It is a bad thing to happen.. But Cows are not known to be smart nor sure footed for that kind of area. Goats and sheep are better off in that type of terrain. What could happen easily is that there is always a leader in a herd. It may have wandered into a place where the others followed initially to eat. Once started on their journey there may have been no turning back.

Just my thoughts... :flop:

no I agree, it's just like a cult leader. you get the not so smart people that believe you or follow you because you are leading then you jump off a cliff..... or drink the red kool aid. whatever fits your analogy.

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 21, 2009 3:21 am » by Darrylmckay

jetxvii wrote:

It is a bad thing to happen.. But Cows are not known to be smart nor sure footed for that kind of area. Goats and sheep are better off in that type of terrain. What could happen easily is that there is always a leader in a herd. It may have wandered into a place where the others followed initially to eat. Once started on their journey there may have been no turning back.

no I agree, it's just like a cult leader. you get the not so smart people that believe you or follow you because you are leading then you jump off a cliff..... or drink the red kool aid. whatever fits your analogy.

So now theres a Cow cult in the swiss alps, interesting.

But really, cows, just like sheep, are dumb animals, they have been bred that way for thousands of years to make them easier to handle and farm.
I will respect your beliefs*, I will research your beliefs, but dont expect me to believe.
* disclaimer-user makes no commitment to live up to this claim

jetxvii

PostWed Oct 21, 2009 3:28 am » by jetxvii

darrylmckay wrote:
jetxvii wrote:

So now theres a Cow cult in the swiss alps, interesting.

But really, cows, just like sheep, are dumb animals, they have been bred that way for thousands of years to make them easier to handle and farm.

just like sheeple.

Initiate

PostWed Oct 21, 2009 4:07 am » by Sheeple

"Self-preservation, nature's first great law, all the creatures, except man, doth awe."
-Andrew Marvell :wink:

PostTue Nov 24, 2009 4:07 am » by Paradigmshift

rawdney wrote:That's terrible. I hate seeing pictures of dead animals. My bet is, some kids on a quad scared them and chased them off.

First of all : Hi guys! My first post here. :banana:

I bet this is what happened. It was either some kids or some animals that scared them off just like Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump, Alberta, Canada where the Ameridians were scaring the buffaloes down the cliff by cornering them until they had no choices but to jump.

You can find more info on this here.

Initiate

PostTue Nov 24, 2009 4:32 am » by Crunchy

it was ming lee that scared the cows

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostTue Nov 24, 2009 5:46 am » by Xenonymous

I'm flying to Switzerland Dec17th for the holidays,I'll have to enquire about suicidal cows..haha.