310 mph 'floating' trains unveiled in Japan

Master Conspirator
Location: Packing my stuff and moving to Denver like you should be doing

PostMon Nov 26, 2012 7:32 pm » by Savwafair2012

The first of a new generation of high-speed, magnetic levitation trains has been unveiled in Japan, designed to operate at speeds of more than 310mph.

The front car of the Series L0 maglev measures nearly 92 feet long – of which 49 feet forms an aerodynamic nose section – and is fitted with 24 seats. A full 16-carriage train will be able to carry 1,000 passengers.

Designed by Central Japan Railway Co. (JR Tokai), the state-of-the-art trains are scheduled to go into use in 2027 and link Shinagawa Station, in central Tokyo, with Nagoya.

At present, it takes 90 minutes for a conventional "shinkansen" bullet train to complete the journey between the two stations, but the new technology will cut the trip to 40 minutes.

The vehicle has no wheels – doing away with friction and, hence, providing a smoother and quieter ride at a faster speed – and is propelled along a track through electromagnetic pull.

JR Tokai has announced plans to more than double the length of the track at its Tsuru development facility to 26 miles and conduct further tests.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... Japan.html
FAIR USE NOTICE.
Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, . http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 26, 2012 7:40 pm » by monica44

Hmmm about time this technology has been unveiled to the world, they have been using it underground in military installations for decades now, and it has got to be cheaper to run, cars could also incorporate this technology, but i guess putting it to the tax payer to pay for will be another issue in itself..
We are not human beings on a spiritual journey, we are spiritual beings on a human journey; Stephen Covey.

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 26, 2012 7:56 pm » by Toxic32

This will make a mess if it ever crashes......1000 people?
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Super Moderator

PostMon Nov 26, 2012 8:12 pm » by domdabears

I'd pass on going for a ride in it.

Same for airplanes. Never have, never will.

:nope:
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 26, 2012 8:54 pm » by SUKHOV

I flew Twice in my life Dom. Wouldn't do it again. Rather Drive/Sail.

Good choice on your part.

Train does look cool though.
The True Sons of Liberty are alive and well.
Мое сердце, мой спаситель, да будет свет.

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 26, 2012 9:15 pm » by Poooooot

domdabears wrote:I'd pass on going for a ride in it.

Same for airplanes. Never have, never will.

:nope:

I flew for the first time in my life last year, at the age of 30 (maybe 29.... I can't remember if it was before my birthday or after), from Ohio to Florida, and then back again.

It was fucking terrifying. The takeoff wasn't too bad, probably because I has psyched myself up so much that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. But we hit some pretty scary turbulence once we were in the air. Even my husband was a little freaked. He wouldn't admit it but I could tell he was cuz he kept looking at the flight attendants to see how they were reacting. The landing was scary and made my insides feel all weird.

The flight home wasn't as bad, but that turbulence scared me for life. The view is beautiful, though:

But I'll probably fly again. There's no way I am spending two days in a car with two little boys next time we go down to Florida. :lol:

You know what? I was 29. It was like two months before my 30th birthday.
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Super Moderator

PostMon Nov 26, 2012 9:41 pm » by domdabears

I'm 30 and have never flown.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 26, 2012 9:57 pm » by Bleever

This technology is good until the next big quake...
Jesus died our death so that we may receive His life.

Master Conspirator
Location: Packing my stuff and moving to Denver like you should be doing

PostMon Nov 26, 2012 10:14 pm » by Savwafair2012

your all a bunch of pussies

Dom I lost all but this lil pinch of respect I had for you.

Shit I have taken to the sky's to many times to count Fiji ,St John hell I even took a 45 min flight to Vegas .

Opened my beer hostess turned around a told me to finish it where landing in 10 min.

LOL
had to slam it.

Fuck off and fly ladies I'd be more worried about riding this suicide train ride thats for sure
Last edited by Savwafair2012 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FAIR USE NOTICE.
Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, . http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Super Moderator

PostMon Nov 26, 2012 10:17 pm » by domdabears

Well, the reason for my whole life mostly was because we didn't have money.

I've never been on vacation in my life.

Now that I'm older it's pretty much the same story. I don't have money.

I really don't want to fly either haha. I'd probably need a shit load of Xanax.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Next