4/20 Oil Spill, The Revelation, & Matthew 4:20

Initiate

PostThu Jun 24, 2010 7:12 pm » by Bradwatson

Some Say BP's Oil Spill Heralds the Apocalypse – Newsweek Magazine June 4, 2010

Blood in the Water
by Lisa Miller - Religion Editor of Newsweek

To some Christian fundamentalists, the oil plume in the Gulf of Mexico heralds the apocalypse.

A growing conversation among Christian fundamentalists asks the question that may have been inevitable: is the oil spill in the gulf a sign of the coming apocalypse?

About 60 million white evangelicals live in America, and about one third of them believe that the world will end in their lifetime, according to the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press. Broadly speaking, these Christians subscribe to a theology called "premillennial dispensationalism." In this world view, they are warriors on the side of God: a cosmic battle -culminating in apocalypse, judgment, and, finally, the reign of Jesus in “a new heaven and a new earth” - will come soon. The most determined of these believers mine the Book of Revelation for signs that the end is near. A text of terrifying and mysterious prophesy, Revelation forecasts the apocalypse in coded language; Christians have spent lifetimes trying to break that code by correlating its verses to current events. (A New York minister named William Miller used Revelation and other sources to predict that the world would end on Oct. 22, 1844. He had previously predicted - wrongly, obviously - that the date would be March 21, 1843. The Millerites, once a powerful and fast-growing sect, quickly became extinct.)

Now blogs on the Christian fringe are abuzz with possibility that the oil spill is the realization of Revelation 8:8–11. “The second angel blew his trumpet, and something like a great mountain, burning with fire, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea became blood, a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed … A third of the waters became wormwood, and many died from the water, because it was made bitter.” According to Revelation, in other words, something terrible happens to the world’s water, a punishment to those of insufficient faith. The foul water, according to the New Oxford Annotated Bible, mirrors one of the plagues God called upon Egypt on behalf of his people Israel.

Though maybe it’s Revelation 16:3: “The second angel poured his bowl into the sea, and it became like the blood of a corpse, and every living thing in the sea died.” Some interpreters are very sure: The oil spill matches biblical prophesy and is another predictor of the end. One commenter at GodlikeProductions.com argues that the redness of the oil seen in pictures can be interpreted as blood. “The water is tinted red from the oil … it ACTUALLY looks like blood. coincidence??? NOT!!!!” On Facebook, at least two discussion groups are devoted to mining the parallels between events in the gulf and those predicted in the Bible; and in a heart-rending interview with CBS, a Louisiana minister named Theodore Turner, whose congregation is one third fishermen, said he knew it to be so. “The Bible prophesized hardships,” he said. “If we believe the word of God is true - and we do - we also know that in addition to prophesying hardships he promised to take care of us.”

But there’s a problem. In the place where American religion and politics intersect, signs of the end times have traditionally been interpreted by members of the right as punishment for ungodly behavior by those on the left. And because the values of the religious right have mirrored those of the Republican Party - at least before the last presidential election - the ‘good guys’ in the cosmic battle have tended to look like Republicans on the far-right fringe and the ‘bad guys’ like liberal Democrats. Thus Hurricane Katrina was brought down upon New Orleans because it was, in the words of Christian minister John Hagee, a modern-day Sodom and Gomorrah: the city had a gay-pride march planned for the day the storm struck.

And, according to such fringe commentators as this one, President Barack Obama embodies many qualities of the Antichrist, as described in Revelation 13:5–7: “The beast was given a mouth uttering haughty and blasphemous words, and it was allowed to exercise authority for 42 months. It opened its mouth to utter blasphemies against God… It was given authority over every tribe and people and language and nation, and all the inhabitants of the earth will worship it.” Yet through a biblical lens, it’s hard to see the oil spill as anything but God’s punishment for greed and a disrespect of Creation - and both of those sins fall mostly on the shoulders of the Republicans, who have been aggressively lobbying for more offshore drilling, without, obviously, ensuring that appropriate safeguards are in place. (Remember “Drill, baby, drill”? According to OpenSecrets.org, Republicans in the last decade have far outstripped Democrats in donations from big oil, sometimes by a factor of four.) So the question for biblical literalists becomes one of political alliances. Does God wreak apocalyptic wrath on members of one’s own party - or only on the opposition?

Lisa Miller is NEWSWEEK's religion editor and the author of Heaven: Our Enduring Fascination With the Afterlife

4/20 BP Oil Spill & Matthew 4:20
“At once they left their nets and followed him”

Albert Einstein said, “I want to know God thought’s, the rest are details.” Ok, let’s now ask the question, “If there is a ‘God’, and if the Bible is one way for God to express His intentions, is there some means we can use to further ascertain whether the British Petroleum Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico was an ‘act of God’?” Yes. Most everyone who believes in One God, also accepts that everything happens for a reason. Therefore, the religious (and some non-religious) will usually recognize that although something/anything appears initially to be bad, God must have some long-term plan to use it for good (GOD=GOOD). The Revelation 8:8* & possibly 16:3 appear to prophesize the BP Oil Spill, but is there another Bible verse – a very direct reference – that can be ‘uncoded’ to clearly be seen as a sign from God to confirm His thoughts? Oh ya! Why did the oil rig – *“something that looked like a mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea” – have its explosion on April 20? Because 4/20 is connected with the beginning of the Messiah’s mission, Matthew 4:20, “At once they left their nets and followed him.”

It’s always important to know the context of a single quote. The first Gospel describes Jesus being baptized by John and Matt 4:17, “From that time on, Jesus began to preach saying, 'Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.' According to the New American Bible, 4:18 begins The Call of the First Disciples: “As Jesus was walking by the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon (who later was called Peter) and Andrew, casting a net into the sea; they were fisherman. 19 He said to them, ‘Come, I will make you fishers of men.’ 20 At once they left their nets and followed him.” Ok, so our analysis is now a choice: coincidence or non-coincidence?

There are many who are convinced that There Are No Coincidences and there definitely is a Biblical connection to the BP Oil Spill! :) There are also many well-intentioned skeptics who want more information before they accept that Biblical prophecy has unfolded. :look: That’s fair. And then, of course, there are the ‘non-believers’ and ‘the oblivious’ :bang; who may never accept that there is a God and everything that happens is interconnected and only appears to be random.

6/13/10 7:04 - Brad Watson, Miami, FL :mrcool:
- Brad Watson, Miami, FL
author of 'There Are No Coincidences - there is synchronism'
discoverer of 'plan-it theory': GOD=7_4 or FOD=6_4

Master Conspirator

PostThu Jun 24, 2010 7:25 pm » by Boondox681

thanx,bradwatson.people,eh?
all i can say to the christian fundamentalists out there is this...
my balls herald the coming apocalypse,
you need to take a closer look at them. :look:
peace
"Doing stuff is overrated.Like Hitler.He did a lot.But don't we all wish he woulda' just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

Master Conspirator

PostThu Jun 24, 2010 7:39 pm » by Cornbread714

Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator

PostThu Jun 24, 2010 8:32 pm » by Noetic

Did this really start on 4 /20? come on that is NO coincidence.so now it's clear to me that the people that plot and plan these evil false flag type catastrophes are in fact just a bunch of sophomoric pot smoking chuckleheads.everybody involved in this crazy situation should be hung by their bongs until they die.
patent pending lol

Initiate

PostSat Jun 26, 2010 1:35 am » by Bradwatson

Naught,
So what's up? Please explain yourself and your take on the information.

Everyone,
There is a misconception :ohno: among the uninformed that everyone who is a Christian is "a Christian fundamentalist". This is quite wrong! I, for example, have always imitated Jesus and have tried my best to live by his teachings. I also believe that this universe is 13.7 billion years old and Earth is 4.6 billion years ago, and the story of the beginning of Genasis74 can only have happened if we accept extraterrestrial intervention. I'm also convinced that we all pass through eternity through reincarnation. Now, what's 'fundamentalist' about any of that?! Now having said that, yes, I'm convinced that the British Petroleum Oil Spill in the Gulf will get much worse and seem even more biblical than it does now. Of course, some people will still not believe it's fulfillment of Biblical prophesy. Many of these same people also don't believe that NASA ever landed men on the Moon and don't believe it's important to change your underwear daily. :shock:

- Brad Watson, Miami, FL
author of There Are No Coincidences - there is synchronism
- Brad Watson, Miami, FL
author of 'There Are No Coincidences - there is synchronism'
discoverer of 'plan-it theory': GOD=7_4 or FOD=6_4

Conspirator

PostSat Jun 26, 2010 2:16 am » by lamonema

Or perhaps there is NO biblical connection other than the fact that it was reported that BP knew of problems, prior to the explosion. Thus, perhaps it was a set up in the name of words once spoken that have been so twisted that the words can no longer be trusted. If this is true then it is nothing more than a continued holy war pissing contest. :nope: BP simply bite off more than they can chew, they discovered the ferious power of our Mother Earth. With that being said were in the bible does it say the ignorance of man awoke a power beyond their control? Besides I choose the Hopi Prophecies over any white mans dogma infested rubbish. Which does not lean to far away for the biblical accounts, however it has remained untainted my religious dogmas. The bible is full of truth and deseption, only when you incorporate all scriptures and ancient accounts do you begin to see the big picture, and yes this also includes Satanism. Haveing said this the proof is in the pudding, man has out smarted hisself by separating the fact that he is of the Earth and not his own ideal entity. We control nothing!

Super Moderator

PostSat Jun 26, 2010 2:25 am » by Slith

lamonema wrote:Or perhaps there is NO biblical connection other than the fact that it was reported that BP knew of problems, prior to the explosion. Thus, perhaps it was a set up in the name of words once spoken that have been so twisted that the words can no longer be trusted. If this is true then it is nothing more than a continued holy war pissing contest. :nope: BP simply bite off more than they can chew, they discovered the ferious power of our Mother Earth. With that being said were in the bible does it say the ignorance of man awoke a power beyond their control? Besides I choose the Hopi Prophecies over any white mans dogma infested rubbish. Which does not lean to far away for the biblical accounts, however it has remained untainted my religious dogmas. The bible is full of truth and deseption, only when you incorporate all scriptures and ancient accounts do you begin to see the big picture, and yes this also includes Satanism. Haveing said this the proof is in the pudding, man has out smarted hisself by separating the fact that he is of the Earth and not his own ideal entity. We control nothing!

I can't believe I'm writing this, but check out Eliakims post on the Hopi prophecies. Gaia is the boss

Inflation is when you pay fifteen dollars for the ten-dollar haircut you used to get for five dollars when you had hair

Sam Ewing

Conspirator

PostSat Jun 26, 2010 2:31 am » by lamonema

dlslith wrote:
lamonema wrote:Or perhaps there is NO biblical connection other than the fact that it was reported that BP knew of problems, prior to the explosion. Thus, perhaps it was a set up in the name of words once spoken that have been so twisted that the words can no longer be trusted. If this is true then it is nothing more than a continued holy war pissing contest. :nope: BP simply bite off more than they can chew, they discovered the ferious power of our Mother Earth. With that being said were in the bible does it say the ignorance of man awoke a power beyond their control? Besides I choose the Hopi Prophecies over any white mans dogma infested rubbish. Which does not lean to far away for the biblical accounts, however it has remained untainted my religious dogmas. The bible is full of truth and deseption, only when you incorporate all scriptures and ancient accounts do you begin to see the big picture, and yes this also includes Satanism. Haveing said this the proof is in the pudding, man has out smarted hisself by separating the fact that he is of the Earth and not his own ideal entity. We control nothing!

I can't believe I'm writing this, but check out Eliakims post on the Hopi prophecies. Gaia is the boss

You should know better than that Slith, Where, what thread? You should know I am I bit tarded on these damb computers and such.

Master Conspirator
Location: Packing my stuff and moving to Denver like you should be doing

PostSat Jun 26, 2010 2:46 am » by Savwafair2012

So TPTB didn't just use the 4/20/10 disaster to have a grand celebration for Hitlers 121st Birthday????? :headscratch:

Adolf Hitler was born on 20 April 1889 at half-past six in the evening
FAIR USE NOTICE.
Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, . http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Conspirator

PostSat Jun 26, 2010 2:54 am » by lamonema

savwafair2012 wrote:So TPTB didn't just use the 4/20/10 disaster to have a grand celebration for Hitlers 121st Birthday????? :headscratch:

Adolf Hitler was born on 20 April 1889 at half-past six in the evening

Well what about Jerry Garcia? He died on 420. :mrgreen:

Next