60% of US citizens believe American dream is unachievable

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 30, 2014 3:53 pm » by Evildweeb

The Book of Man http://vimeo.com/album/2701770

The Book of Man Blog (announcements) http://brianonley.wordpress.com/

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 30, 2014 5:31 pm » by Thebluecanary

Only 60%? I'd have thought it would be more, honestly.

Not that we're going to, you know, do something about it or anything….
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Master Conspirator

PostSat Aug 30, 2014 6:31 pm » by Boondox681

humans have found themselves in a position where they follow the dreams of others,
thus crushing any chance of creating their own.

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 30, 2014 7:06 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

Boondox681 wrote:humans have found themselves in a position where they follow the dreams of others,
thus crushing any chance of creating their own.

Agreed, there never was an American Dream only a fallacy perpetrated by TPTB in order to offer false hopes enabling ease of control.. You have to create your own dreams..
Canubis wrote:
all these Social media C@*ts can sick my fkn dick, although it feels good

Super Moderator

PostSat Aug 30, 2014 7:11 pm » by The57ironman

Evildweeb wrote:Paradise lost: 60% of US citizens believe American dream is unachievable

.....the choir is here...Image
if you don't like my opinions....please lower your standards Image

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 30, 2014 7:21 pm » by Chaindrive2.5

The "american dream" died LONG time ago....... The bullcrap in "trying to keep up with the neighbors" was a delusional disease when the hippy dippies of the '60s sold them selves out to be the future yuppies of the '80s. I discovered this back IN the '80s when you pay off ALL the nice little toys, pay your bills, work 65 hours a week but in the end of it... you had NO money for yourself at all... and EVERYBODY would rather go into debt and have fun, live the "good life" without realizing that in the end you actually has nothing at all..

What the hell ARE you gonna do with ALL this stupid junk that you paid to be in debt with.? Yard sale... pennies on the dollar and you STILL dont have any money..

I for one NEVER subscribed to this scam called debt.. what I needed is what I needed and NOT what I wanted... TWO entirely different things... sure I dont have a shitload to show for it.. but I can STILL use the stuff I have and its MINE... free and clear..

Im 45 - 55 and I have absolutely NO debts ... at all..(except the 4 bills that I get a month +the three other bills I get a year) alright call me weird, or call me unpatriotic.. whatever.. but unfortunately I live in a country that has its head completely shoved its own ass for 40 years.. and simply people like us are going to get sucked into the black hole with everybody else who deserves to be shown of their petty little lives for what they thought was the "american dream"...

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 30, 2014 8:27 pm » by Harbin

Chaindrive2.5 wrote:The "american dream" died LONG time ago....... The bullcrap in "trying to keep up with the neighbors" was a delusional disease when the hippy dippies of the '60s sold them selves out to be the future yuppies of the '80s. I discovered this back IN the '80s when you pay off ALL the nice little toys, pay your bills, work 65 hours a week but in the end of it... you had NO money for yourself at all... and EVERYBODY would rather go into debt and have fun, live the "good life" without realizing that in the end you actually has nothing at all..

What the hell ARE you gonna do with ALL this stupid junk that you paid to be in debt with.? Yard sale... pennies on the dollar and you STILL dont have any money..

I for one NEVER subscribed to this scam called debt.. what I needed is what I needed and NOT what I wanted... TWO entirely different things... sure I dont have a shitload to show for it.. but I can STILL use the stuff I have and its MINE... free and clear..

Im 45 - 55 and I have absolutely NO debts ... at all..(except the 4 bills that I get a month +the three other bills I get a year) alright call me weird, or call me unpatriotic.. whatever.. but unfortunately I live in a country that has its head completely shoved its own ass for 40 years.. and simply people like us are going to get sucked into the black hole with everybody else who deserves to be shown of their petty little lives for what they thought was the "american dream"...

It is very frustrating. First, there was a monetary coup in 1913, and nobody did anything about it. Then the coup leaders contracted the money supply causing the great depression of the '30's. Literally killing Americans through hunger and hopelessness. Nobody did anything about it. Then the cabal gets us into WWII, "The Good War", killing scores planet wide. Nobody does anything about it. Then there is another coup in '63. They killed Jack when he threatened the monetary system. Nobody did anything about it. "We" can't seem to do anything about anything, as we cannot get organized. "They" control as they are organized.
Antiwar.com

Super Moderator

PostSat Aug 30, 2014 8:44 pm » by The57ironman

..but, hey....there are good shows on TV tonite.. :peep:

if you don't like my opinions....please lower your standards Image

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 30, 2014 8:52 pm » by Thebluecanary

So, what do you people think is meant by the "American Dream"? I always interpreted it as being able to have a safe space to live in (preferably that one can own outright within one's lifetime) and to be able to support yourself in a reasonable manner by doing something that does not make you want to kill yourself every day. Like, I can have enough food to eat that I don't have to sweat being hungry, I don't have to worry that I'm going to have no utilities or that my family is going to have to live on the street, I have adequate clothing and shelter and enough personal time to pursue things that give me pleasure.

I never saw it as "I can have a better car and better clothes than all my neighbors", though I realize that some people have interpreted it that way and have thus cheated themselves out of it by going in debt up to their eyeballs. Bottom line, the American Dream is the idea that anyone who works hard enough and expends the effort can live in a way that makes them feel secure and happy, right? Or am I missing something?
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 30, 2014 11:09 pm » by Chaindrive2.5

Thebluecanary wrote:So, what do you people think is meant by the "American Dream"? I always interpreted it as being able to have a safe space to live in (preferably that one can own outright within one's lifetime) and to be able to support yourself in a reasonable manner by doing something that does not make you want to kill yourself every day. Like, I can have enough food to eat that I don't have to sweat being hungry, I don't have to worry that I'm going to have no utilities or that my family is going to have to live on the street, I have adequate clothing and shelter and enough personal time to pursue things that give me pleasure.

I never saw it as "I can have a better car and better clothes than all my neighbors", though I realize that some people have interpreted it that way and have thus cheated themselves out of it by going in debt up to their eyeballs. Bottom line, the American Dream is the idea that anyone who works hard enough and expends the effort can live in a way that makes them feel secure and happy, right? Or am I missing something?

Well.. youre correct in the fact, but THAT happened 1945 - 1962(+/-)... first growing up in the depression then facing storages because of world war 2... Men and boys still wore ties, dressed real nice, had tons of manners etc... but like I said when the hippy dippies who sold themselves out in the 80s (actually they sold themselves out WAY before that).. not to mention that good solid citizens were being dooped by banks and retail stores to buy all the really nice stuff that you couldnt afford during the war you NOW can get it "on credit"... but even then the husbands knew not to THAT shit too seriously and remained to live within their family means...

People today STILL wanna keeping up with the jones... no way near what it was then.. but hey... a sheep IS a sheep and the herder is still gonna to tell them everything they should do, go, live, buy, watch and more importantly... just HOW to die...

Next