"7 Common Habits of Unhappy People?"

Conspirator

PostTue Dec 17, 2013 8:24 pm » by Webcat

Feeling a little down the last few days, webbie trawled the wonderful WWW looking for answers or guides to cheering up - a lot of funny cat video's worked a treat with a large box of choc's and a small quantity of vodkee's [cough, cough.....] :mrgreen:

But I did find this website: "The Positive Blog!'
http://www.positivityblog.com/index.php/2011/10/05/7-habits/

Circumstances can certainly make life unhappy. But a part – often a big part – of unhappiness comes from our own thinking, behavior and habits.

In this article I’d like to share 7 of the most destructive daily habits that can create quite a bit of unhappiness within and in your own little world.

But I’ll also share what has worked, what has helped me to minimize or overcome these habits in my life.

It details things we are probably all guilty of doing and how to overcome these, well, negative thoughts and actions?

Have a read and see what you think. [by the way, nearly everyone else who posted on that blog, sung its praises! :think: ]

For myself, spending some time on DTV did actually put a smile on face!!! :flop:

Oh, and here's Grumpy cat with a special Christmas message:

And if I forget on some of my other posts; Have a 'happy' Christmas!! :D

:sunny:

:cheers:

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 18, 2013 5:21 pm » by Webcat

:mrgreen:

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 18, 2013 10:49 pm » by Kinninigan

Webcat wrote:Image

:mrgreen:

:flop:
http://www.disclose.tv/media/list/user/Kinninigan
http://www.youtube.com/user/kinninigan

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 19, 2013 12:57 am » by RATRODROB

A big fat vodka soaked full of hugs and happiness XMAS to you too WEBBY.

I find that leaving behind the rat race (going bush) is the best thing for my head, probably for a few reasons.

I love the peace and quiet (as you can clearly see in my prospecting thread here) and nature, all the trees and plants and birds and animals bring a big smile to my face.

I often find that DTV can actually bring me down by filling my head with doom and gloom, I become aware at home and work that I am constantly ruminating about world events that ive read about on DTV and it causes me to walk around in a semi depressed state as all this negative information swirls around in my head.

I would love to be able to fix all the suffering and injustice in the world but I know I cant, so I guess that depresses me.

when I hit the bush for anywhere from 2 - 5 days at a time on most week ends, I sometimes realise im walking around with a grin on my face that I weren't even aware of, its just there.

the rat race, modern life, and most people all suck, and theres no escape but to try and ignore it all.

the bush however, opens up my senses, clears the mind and refreshes me in every way.

leaving DTV (which I love) for days at a time, gives me a chance to regenerate and recharge, then experiencing all the bush has to offer just fills me with joy, theres so much wild life running, slithering, crawling and flying around, its fckn great.

when I were a young man, I think I must have felt threatened and kind of inferior if I were in a room full of "professional" people, most of them would actually look down on me because I am a tradesman and not a doctor or lawyer or whatever.
but fck that, I don't care what company im in now, dressed in my boots, work shorts and t shirt and with dirty finger nails, I hold my head high amongst them, I actually feel sorry for some of them as they seem so consumed by their busy and demanding life styles to earn their feeling of status and success amongst their peers, they IMO miss out on all the basic, uncomplicated, ordinary, down to earth things that bring plain old happiness and contentness.

I do suffer bouts of unhappiness, but by leaving the rat race and DTV behind :peep: at regular intervals puts a smile back on my dial and really helps to reinstate in me whats important, like my family and friends, the bush and all its inhabitants, to live simply and uncomplicatedly, and in peace with everything.

When im among professional peeps (and I got nothing against being the professional type, its just not me)
I do at times detect a bit of envy from them, my line of work puts me amongst the elite quite often and they see my kombi camper and I tell them how often I go out in it and how much I don't care for money and material things and how uncomplicated my life is, and I see it in there face, I got something that they don't, FREEDOM to do more of the things I want more often.

They almost drool at the thought of not having to work 8-10 hrs a day, to not have to live in a suit, to not be so regimented in their daily lives, to not have to be so professional and on guard and strewn with so much etiquette that relaxing for some of them is non existant.

as a young bloke, I felt inferior to the more upper class, I now feel that I tower over them and being in a room full of them don't worry me a bit, in fact haha, I flaunt my self, I show off and are proud of my simple dress code (shorts, t shirt, bongers or boots) and don't feel the slightest bit inferior, I actually feel glad to not be them and I know that some of them envy me, I never could (when younger) have thought that some of the upper class would ever envy my simple uncomplicated down to earth life style.

I did read the 7 habits of unhappy people, and im fortunate that most of it don't relate to my unhappiness, I don't set big goals or want much, and most of my negative thoughts are about the state of the world and all the injustice etc, which I read about on DTV hahaha, so by simply leaving the rat race and people behind for a few days I get relief from all the doom and gloom that surrounds me back in the city.

That's my bit on my personal bouts with unhappiness and how I deal with it, again have a good one WEBBY

RRR
The more people i meet, the more i like my dog

Initiate

PostThu Dec 19, 2013 1:11 am » by Crusader

I live in a similar way to you RR, and am happy enough and have all I want and need. One q what are bongers
Regular is not a unit of measure

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 19, 2013 2:00 am » by RATRODROB

Crusader wrote:I live in a similar way to you RR, and am happy enough and have all I want and need. One q what are bongers

hahaha Hi Crusader, bongers are thongs or flip flops, depending on what part of the globe you reside

RRR

Initiate

PostThu Dec 19, 2013 2:14 am » by Crusader

Ah flip flops, I cannot wear them myself cant stand that bit between my toes. I hope they are not your feet :look: if they are, I now know how come your missus has no problem with you keep buggering off to the bush for days on end. :lol: My escape is my allotment the only place where I struggle not to fall asleep its amazing
Regular is not a unit of measure

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 19, 2013 2:38 am » by RATRODROB

Crusader wrote:Ah flip flops, I cannot wear them myself cant stand that bit between my toes. I hope they are not your feet :look: if they are, I now know how come your missus has no problem with you keep buggering off to the bush for days on end. :lol: My escape is my allotment the only place where I struggle not to fall asleep its amazing

hahaha your comment made me laugh :lol: :lol: they are not my feet but are actually close to it at times, my missus don't mind if I go bush, she comes with me on the shorter trips.
what is your allotment like, do you use it as a retreat.

RRR

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 19, 2013 2:43 am » by Fatdogmendoza

RATRODROB wrote:
Crusader wrote:Ah flip flops, I cannot wear them myself cant stand that bit between my toes. I hope they are not your feet :look: if they are, I now know how come your missus has no problem with you keep buggering off to the bush for days on end. :lol: My escape is my allotment the only place where I struggle not to fall asleep its amazing

hahaha your comment made me laugh :lol: :lol: they are not my feet but are actually close to it at times, my missus don't mind if I go bush, she comes with me on the shorter trips.

RRR

Jeebus,,, I really do like bush...depending on which part of the world you come from.... :mrgreen:

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 19, 2013 3:05 am » by RATRODROB

Fatdogmendoza wrote:
RATRODROB wrote:

RRR

Jeebus,,, I really do like bush...depending on which part of the world you come from.... :mrgreen:

FD, you wouldn't be talkin about this type of bush would you :lol: :lol: , you realise WEBBY is goin to read your comment and then you will be in big trouble hahaha

hahaha RRR

Next