$80,000 stolen dogs in Florida

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 04, 2014 6:47 pm » by Chaindrive

$80,000 in stolen dogs is not a typo; this strange news story took place in Florida on New Year's Eve. Miami police say thieves stole an award-winning French bulldog and puppies from a man's residence. A missing animal's report was filed for the highly-pedigreed dogs, likely stolen for the thriving animal trade, citing a Jan. 3 Reuters report via Yahoo News .

The French bulldog and pups, worth $80,000 were stolen from dog owner, Marcelo Cicuta, who was out, like many other Floridians, celebrating New Year's 2014.

When the man returned, missing were his prized dogs: EL Che, the French bulldogs, and a litter of 15 puppies, no more than 16 and 27 days old. Ironically, the dog bandits left a third litter -- five puppies and two adult female dogs -- behind.

They targeted the $80,000 in stolen dogs, overlooked the others, or didn't have enough manpower on hand to carry away the hapless animals. Police say the dog-pirates likely used a pillowcase to haul away the French bulldogs.

The French bulldog, El Che is named after Che Guevara, who was an Argentine Marxist revolutionary, doctor, writer, guerrilla leader, and military theorist, among other things during the Cuban Revolution. The dog has many awards under its belt, one of which includes a prize at the prestigious Westminster Kennel Club dog show in 2010.

According to police, here is a breakdown in value of the $80,000 in stolen dogs the Florida heist: El Che is reportedly worth $50,000, while the puppies altogether can demand prices upwards of $2,500 apiece.

However, sources say the thieves didn't make off with the AKC papers, thus leaving them to fetch prices on the black market, far below true value.

Still, because the species of dogs are the third most commonly stolen breeds in America, the money earned in the illegal sale can still be lucrative to those responsible in the theft.

http://www.examiner.com/article/80-000-stolen-dogs-florida-result-police-investigation

---------------------------------

I really like to see somebody steal MY dog.. They couldnt even get into the perimeter. :D

And for people who live in Ozzy land know exactly what Im talking about. :lol: Heres a clue "Dingo". :flop:

Initiate

PostSat Jan 04, 2014 9:15 pm » by Domeika

I'd like to see how this unfolds.

Were the puppies seen by a vet since their birth to verify that they were in fact purebread?

If not, and I know I'm just looking at the dark side of this, but if not, then there IS a possibility that the owner used New Years as a convenient alibi to have the puppies "stolen" and then submit an insurance claim on the lost value. The parent dogs might be AKC, but puppies are not automatically registered, that is up to whomever buys the puppy.

I just got a purebread German Shepherd 7 months ago (Maximus Tyrannicus Mutticus....MAX for short :) and I still haven't submitted the paperwork yet, so yes, it's possible that no AKC paperwork was submitted for the puppies before they were stolen.

....just sayin

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 04, 2014 9:42 pm » by Chaindrive

Domeika wrote:I'd like to see how this unfolds.

Were the puppies seen by a vet since their birth to verify that they were in fact purebread?

If not, and I know I'm just looking at the dark side of this, but if not, then there IS a possibility that the owner used New Years as a convenient alibi to have the puppies "stolen" and then submit an insurance claim on the lost value. The parent dogs might be AKC, but puppies are not automatically registered, that is up to whomever buys the puppy.

I just got a purebread German Shepherd 7 months ago (Maximus Tyrannicus Mutticus....MAX for short :) and I still haven't submitted the paperwork yet, so yes, it's possible that no AKC paperwork was submitted for the puppies before they were stolen.

....just sayin

Being that they were no more than 16 and 27 days old and not knowing just when it is safe, Id would of RFID them and maybe tattoos and clearly this yutz had a very piss poor security system guarding them as well... A lesson he better learn if hes going to continue breeding and selling these expensive dogs, NOBODY can even get 10 feet near them without this guy, the neighbors and or the police knowing about it.

He was sloppy and he paid the price.. actually these dogs paid the price more then he did.. moron.

(him not you). :D

Initiate

PostSat Jan 04, 2014 10:06 pm » by Domeika

Being that they were no more than 16 and 27 days old and not knowing just when it is safe, Id would of RFID them and maybe tattoos and clearly this yutz had a very piss poor security system guarding them as well... A lesson he better learn if hes going to continue breeding and selling these expensive dogs, NOBODY can even get 10 feet near them without this guy, the neighbors and or the police knowing about it.

He was sloppy and he paid the price.. actually these dogs paid the price more then he did.. moron.

(him not you). :D

Yeah, you would think with that kind of investment he'd have a kickin security system, or even a dog sitter? Something just sounds odd about this story....I guess we'll see if anything develops in time.

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 04, 2014 10:08 pm » by Thebluecanary

You're right about the AKC registration. My dog is a pure bred, his parents are AKC registered, and I never bothered with that bullshit myself because I'm lazy and I don't care. He's a Lhasa Apso, not a French Bulldog, but I'd hate it for the person who tried to steal him if I ever got my hands on them.

Here the dog to steal is, of course, the pit bull. And don't go around leaving your small dog in the back fence while you're not home, or he/she might get snatched to be a dog fighting bait dog. Ah, humanity. :bang;

There is a going trade here of people stealing pure bred dogs to sell on craigslist. If I were this person, that would be the first place I'd look. They have to unload them somehow.
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Super Moderator

PostSun Jan 05, 2014 2:24 am » by Vulcanic

Thebluecanary wrote:You're right about the AKC registration. My dog is a pure bred, his parents are AKC registered, and I never bothered with that bullshit myself because I'm lazy and I don't care. He's a Lhasa Apso, not a French Bulldog, but I'd hate it for the person who tried to steal him if I ever got my hands on them.

Here the dog to steal is, of course, the pit bull. And don't go around leaving your small dog in the back fence while you're not home, or he/she might get snatched to be a dog fighting bait dog. Ah, humanity. :bang;

There is a going trade here of people stealing pure bred dogs to sell on craigslist. If I were this person, that would be the first place I'd look. They have to unload them somehow.

thats being nice, some steal dogs for shark fishing bait :bang;

Upload to Disclose.tv

humanity hits a all time low.....
HONORI­FICABILI­TUDINI­TATIBUS
Remiel
VULCANIC PNEUMONO­ULTRA­MICRO­SCOPIC­SILICO­VOLCANO­KONIOSIS

Initiate

PostSun Jan 05, 2014 4:07 am » by Domeika

Vulcanic wrote:
Thebluecanary wrote:You're right about the AKC registration. My dog is a pure bred, his parents are AKC registered, and I never bothered with that bullshit myself because I'm lazy and I don't care. He's a Lhasa Apso, not a French Bulldog, but I'd hate it for the person who tried to steal him if I ever got my hands on them.

Upload to Disclose.tv

I didn't watch the vid, the picture of the dog with the hook in it's nose is enough. I can't say how exactly I would react if I saw that in person, but I can say with certainty it would be violent.

Dog have feelings..Some say this vid is a hoax. Looks real to me...

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 05, 2014 4:25 am » by Thebluecanary

Vulcanic wrote:

Upload to Disclose.tv

I. Cannot. Fucking. Even.

I realize, different cultures and whatever…but if I saw someone doing that to a dog, they'd better pray they could get away from me fast enough.
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Initiate

PostTue Jan 07, 2014 10:22 pm » by Andyg2011

Vulcanic wrote:

Upload to Disclose.tv

only sick twisted twats could do something like that,really fucked up anyone that is cruel and harms any animal is a sick fucked up bastard and should have the same done to them

ImageFor every dark night there's a brighter day