900 pigs found dead on abandoned Pennsylvania farm

Master Conspirator
Location: Packing my stuff and moving to Denver like you should be doing

PostTue Nov 16, 2010 11:47 pm » by Savwafair2012

Police are investigating the deaths of more than 900 pigs inside a barn at an abandoned southcentral Pennsylvania farm.

State Police Lt. Gregory Bacher says authorities are examining the deaths of 925 pigs found Nov. 8 in a warehouse-style barn in Warfordsburg.

Bacher tells The Philadelphia Inquirer that necropsies are being conducted on some of the carcasses after they were found in various states of decay. He says he's never seen an apparent act of cruelty like this in his career.

Authorities say the farm's owner left the property in August. The animals appear to have been dead for several months.

Warfordsburg is about 75 miles southwest of Harrisburg, near the Maryland border.
FAIR USE NOTICE.
Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, . http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Initiate

PostTue Nov 16, 2010 11:54 pm » by Stophaarp

Poor piggies. But what farmer would do this? Abandon his entire lively hood? 900 pigs?
http://atmospherepunch.blogspot.com Blog
http://whatsherfacephoto.weebly.com Portfolio

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 16, 2010 11:55 pm » by lamonema

:cry: wtf.

Conspirator

PostWed Nov 17, 2010 1:09 am » by sockpuppet

I'm guessing, bankruptcy... And the bank wouldn't let him back in to feed the animals. It's happened several times in the last few years.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouyVS6HOFeo

Writer

PostWed Nov 17, 2010 4:44 am » by Lavell1theelite

thats a lot of bacon :obsessed:

Conspirator

PostWed Nov 17, 2010 5:08 am » by Constabul

sockpuppet wrote:I'm guessing, bankruptcy... And the bank wouldn't let him back in to feed the animals. It's happened several times in the last few years.

Disease is another, possibility. Takes vary little to ruin a whole group.
just one vehicle can be a carrier, most pig, and poultry farms have strict regulations dealing with the vehicles that enter and leave the area.

edited to add.
only say as much, because in doing revaluations/reassessments for real estate appraisal, we are limited to visiting only one farm a day, otherwise you have to, have your vehicle disinfected/cleaned before you enter a new area.
Last edited by Constabul on Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Conspirator

PostWed Nov 17, 2010 5:11 am » by sockpuppet

constabul wrote:
sockpuppet wrote:I'm guessing, bankruptcy... And the bank wouldn't let him back in to feed the animals. It's happened several times in the last few years.

just one vehicle can be a carrier, most pig, and poultry farms have strict regulations dealing with the vehicles that enter and leave the area.

If it WAS disease, then wouldn't the USDA or some other agency already have a report on this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouyVS6HOFeo

Conspirator

PostWed Nov 17, 2010 5:17 am » by Constabul

sockpuppet wrote:
constabul wrote:

If it WAS disease, then wouldn't the USDA or some other agency already have a report on this?

Bacher tells The Philadelphia Inquirer that necropsies are being conducted on some of the carcasses after they were found in various states of decay

not enough information seems to be given at this time, Sav did not post a link, but it seems they are still in the investigation process.
But one truck load that turned up with a disease, would have been grounds to kill off the whole lot.
Unfortunately, seems not enough info is present to call the causes. so woo hoo with wild speculations till then.

Conspirator

PostWed Nov 17, 2010 6:37 am » by Thebluecanary

Could they have started showing signs of sickness that he (the farmer) recognized, and then he bailed instead of dealing with it? Or maybe they started dying and he was like, "Oh, shit...there goes my livelihood" and gone somewhere to off himself? I'm guessing they can't find him, or surely he'd have made some kind of statement...
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Next