a heretical suggestion

Master Conspirator

PostThu Sep 09, 2010 7:49 pm » by Boondox681

this is not a suggestion,it's a dare.i dare you to throw out all your money,all your papers and coins and individual national currencies,and start over.develop an international monetary system that is wide open,totally visible,immediately traceable,completely accountable.establish a Worldwide Compensation System by which people would be given credits for services rendered and products produced,and debits for services used and products consumed.

everything would be on the system of credits and debits.returns on investments,inheritances,winnings of wagers,salaries and wages,tips and gratuities,everything.and nothing could be purchased without credits.there would be no other negotiable currency.and everyone's records would be open to everyone else

it has been said,show me a man's bank account,and i'll show you the man.this system comes close to that scenario.people would,or at least could,know a great deal more about each other;you would know more about everything.more about what corporations are paying and spending-and what their cost is on an item,as well as their price.(can you imagine what corporations would do if they had to put two figures on every price tag-the price and their cost?would that bring prices down,or what!would that increase competition,and boost fair trade?you can't even imagine the consequences of such a thing.)

under the new Worldwide Compensation System,WCS,the transfer of debits and credits would be immediate and totally visible.that is,anybody and everybody could inspect the account of any other person or organization at any time.nothing would be kept secret,nothing would be 'private'.

the WCS would deduct 10% of all earnings each year from incomes of those voluntarily requesting such a deduction.there would be no income tax,no forms to file,no deductions to figure,no 'escape hatch' to construct or obfuscation to manufacture!since all records would be open,everyone in the society would be able to observe who was choosing to offer the 10% for the general good of all,and who was not.this voluntary deduction would go toward support of all the programs and services of the gov't,as voted on by the people.
the whole system would be all very simple,all very visible.

would you agree?
of course not.and do you know why?because such a system would make it impossible for anyone to do anything they didn't want someone else to know about.yet why would you want to do something like that anyway?i'll tell you why.because currently you live within an interactive social system based on 'taking advantage,' 'getting the edge,' 'making the most,' and 'survival of the fittest.'

when the chief aim and goal of your society(as in all truly enlightened societies) is the survival of all;the benefit and equality of all;the providing of a good life for all,then your need for secrecy and quiet dealings and under the table maneuverings and money which can be hidden will disappear.

do you realize how much good old-fashioned corruption,to say nothing of lesser unfairness and inequities,would be eliminated through the implementation of such a system?
the secret here,the watchword here,is visibility.

can you find anything wrong?
of course you can't,BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.but can you imagine what the people of money and power in the world would do,and how they would scream,if they thought that every move,every purchase,every sale,every dealing,every corporate action and pricing choice and wage negotiation,every decision whatsoever could be reviewed by anyone simply looking at the bottom line?

i tell you this:nothing breeds fairness faster than visibility.
visibility is simply another word for truth.
know the truth,and the truth shall set you free.
governments,corporations,people of power know that,which is why they will never allow the truth-the plain and simple truth-to be the basis of any political,social,or economic system they would devise.

in enlightened societies there are no secrets.everyone knows what everyone else has,what everyone else earns,what everyone else pays in wages and taxes and benefits,what every other corporation charges and buys and sells and for how much and for what profit and everything.EVERYTHING.

do you know why this is possible only in enlightened societies?
because no one in enlightened societies is willing to get anything,or have anything,at someone else's expense.

:hugging:
"You wanna' keep it real take a walk out your door,that's as real as it gets from the sky to the floor."

Master Conspirator

PostFri Sep 10, 2010 2:29 am » by Boondox681

one more time,for everyone in a new time zone...
peace
"You wanna' keep it real take a walk out your door,that's as real as it gets from the sky to the floor."

Conspirator

PostSat Sep 25, 2010 5:51 am » by Hackjames

Very well put, except for a few details here and there it reminds me of some conversations I've forced on friends and family. :]

Really though, you make an excellent case for transparency. If there is a metric that presumably exists to make life better for everyone (money), it stands to reason that individuals should not be given the opportunity manipulate it in secret.

The one thing I'd question is if it's even necessary to go as far as you describe with the concept in the first place, but that's somewhat irrelevant as I don't see all that many potential downsides, and the safeguards would be invaluable to everyone. I only mention this as the more "middle-of-the-road" you can make an idea without changing it's basic nature, the more people you'll find willing to listen.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to write out your thoughts. Enjoyed it, hopefully people will give it their consideration.
This is your world. You're the creator.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Conspirator

PostSat Sep 25, 2010 6:26 am » by Santaownsyou

while I agree with your premise of transparency in monetary matters, I view your solution as supportive of the problem. While I see who has the money, and what they do with it, as a problem. I see money, in and of itself, as THE problem. Everyone drives over unsafe roadways and bridges everyday, why? So that some guy that has more money than he can ever spend, can feel important? This is just not a reasonable allocation of resources. The concept of money is holding back the advancement of mankind. Anything that could advance mankind, but is not in the best interest of those in power, is ignored, such as free energy. We are doomed to a society that doesn't want to see anything change if we keep the current system. Change equals loss in money/power to those who control our intellectual/industrial systems. How is mankind going to avoid their own destruction under the current status quo? The time has come for a choice to be made, advents in technology are going to force the decision to be made. The current path, and the upcoming technologies, equals doom. We must find and create a new path for humanity, or accept our fate.

Edit:We don't need a bandaid for the current system....We need a brand new system.
If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and quacks like a duck it is probably just a tool of the conspiracy.

Conspirator

PostSat Sep 25, 2010 6:45 am » by Hackjames

I'm for a resource-based economy in the end, that's the best description I've heard of what I'd like so I'll use the name.

We need a transitional period, though. Something to get us from this mess to the next paradigm. Money is just a concept used to represent work/value, it's what people do with it that makes it problematic.

I get that people with more money will always have greater influence over a system based on money, but if finance was transparent I think that would slowly stop being the case. I can see it not going that way, but again, I'd like to move forward and transparency (or something that equates to it) seems like it comes before a resource-based Utopia.
This is your world. You're the creator.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Master Conspirator

PostSun Jan 30, 2011 8:40 pm » by Boondox681

I see money, in and of itself, as THE problem.

you,my friend,are a very observant person.
in an 'enlightened' society,currency is unnecessary and not used
but we're FAR from enlightened

peace

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 30, 2011 10:00 pm » by Redwoodrick

Tribal living in harmony with Earth and Nature.
FYI I do not like money at all.Money
means "I do not love you".
Although I use money I have no love for it.
I do not amass it.
I have no bank account or credit cards..never have.
I am 41 today and my rent is 3100 a month (for anyone who may think I am a kid in a tent).
I hold wilderness survival skills and faith in the God of Love much more important than pieces of paper and plastic.
I am crazy according to most of the world. :banana: :sunny:
I have sworn on the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man- Thomas Jefferson

To be honest I'm not even sure what "alien" means. Alien to what? The universe is teeming with life.

Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook