A lost world found at the bottom of Lake Huron

Master Conspirator
Location: Packing my stuff and moving to Denver like you should be doing

PostMon Jan 09, 2012 10:25 pm » by Savwafair2012

The recovery of a mysterious wooden pole at the bottom of Lake Huron is fuelling excitement among U.S. and Canadian researchers that they have found more evidence of a "lost world" of North American caribou hunters from nearly 10,000 years ago.

The scientists believe that these prehistoric aboriginal people - who would have been among the earliest inhabitants of the continent - had a "kill site" along a ridge straddling the present-day U.S.-Canada border that was eventually submerged by rising waters when the glaciers melted at the end of the last Ice Age.

Now drowned under about 35 metres of water in Lake Huron, the Alpena-Amberley Ridge is named for the Michigan and Ontario towns that respectively mark the western and eastern ends of the 160-kilometre-long and 16-kilometre-wide feature. The theory that the ridge was an ancient hunting ground was first announced in 2009 after the discovery of lake-bottom rock features that appeared to have been arranged by human hands to herd migrating caribou into narrow corridors ideal for spear hunting.
FAIR USE NOTICE.
Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, . http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 10, 2012 12:57 am » by Flecktarn

good interesting find sav :flop: :flop:
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 10, 2012 1:01 am » by Fatdogmendoza

flecktarn wrote:good interesting find sav :flop: :flop:

Interesting again sav but how and where do you find all this stuff.... Talk about prolific or what dude..
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 10, 2012 1:15 am » by Mydogma

fatdogmendoza wrote:
flecktarn wrote:good interesting find sav :flop: :flop:

Interesting again sav but how and where do you find all this stuff.... Talk about prolific or what dude..

Yes excellent..don't know where u found it..but great it will go into my debate with my wife(she has letters after her name and I don't..haha) that I told her I bet the great lakes are filld with anomolies(other then sunken boats and skidoos)
Thanks...I am opening her eyes a bit at a time..
If you don't wake up, Your the problem, not the thief...www.cattledum.com

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 10, 2012 1:17 am » by Will69ease

There is a big difference between finding a wooden pole and finding a lost world. :top:

Super Moderator

PostTue Jan 10, 2012 1:19 am » by The57ironman

savwafair2012 wrote:The recovery of a mysterious wooden pole at the bottom of Lake Huron is fuelling excitement among U.S. and Canadian researchers that they have found more evidence of a "lost world" of North American caribou hunters from nearly 10,000 years ago.

The scientists believe that these prehistoric aboriginal people - who would have been among the earliest inhabitants of the continent - had a "kill site" along a ridge straddling the present-day U.S.-Canada border that was eventually submerged by rising waters when the glaciers melted at the end of the last Ice Age.

Now drowned under about 35 metres of water in Lake Huron, the Alpena-Amberley Ridge is named for the Michigan and Ontario towns that respectively mark the western and eastern ends of the 160-kilometre-long and 16-kilometre-wide feature. The theory that the ridge was an ancient hunting ground was first announced in 2009 after the discovery of lake-bottom rock features that appeared to have been arranged by human hands to herd migrating caribou into narrow corridors ideal for spear hunting.

boo hiss.....no link..... :mrgreen:
..i have mixed drinks about my feelings...

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 10, 2012 1:25 am » by Shaggietrip

Here is one from my neck of the woods. Kinda close as far as global speaking

A ROCK LAKE HISTORIC INTERPRETATIONAL OVERVIEW

In North American Archeological circles, one of the great enigmas is who mined the millions of pounds of pure raw copper from Michigan's upper peninsula and Isle Royale in the time period between 3000 BC and 1200 BC. Indigenous use of copper was limited to small-scale utilization and does not account for the prodigious amounts mined.

In European and Middle Eastern Archeological circles, one of the enigmas is where did all the copper come from to sustain the copper and Bronze Age cultures in the time period between 3000 BC and 1200 BC. Local sources were not sufficient and of the quality necessary to supply these large scale cultures.

Oral Native American history and lore deny any affiliation to the prehistoric mining operations; rather they cite 'ancient maritime foreigners' who mined the ' Red Rock '. All throughout North America there are archeological anomalies that point to the possibility of contact from Trans Pacific and Trans Atlantic visitors with pre-Columbian North American cultures. Additional, evidence suggest wide trade networks between the people of Mesoamerica and those magnificent indigenous cultures labeled as the “Mound Builders”.

Rock Lake may hold in its murky depths some of the answers to the identity of the “Ancient Foreigners" that the local Indian lore speaks of. Who are the people that built the 'Rock Tepees" (pyramidal stone structures) that lay beneath the waters of Rock Lake and where did they come?

More and source: http://www.rocklakeresearch.com/history.htm

:cheers:
ImageImage
Star watchers,Sun,Moon or just space in interest. https://www.darkskywatcher.com/dsw74.html

Super Moderator

PostTue Jan 10, 2012 1:46 am » by The57ironman

shaggietrip wrote:Here is one from my neck of the woods. Kinda close as far as global speaking

A ROCK LAKE HISTORIC INTERPRETATIONAL OVERVIEW

In North American Archeological circles, one of the great enigmas is who mined the millions of pounds of pure raw copper from Michigan's upper peninsula and Isle Royale in the time period between 3000 BC and 1200 BC. Indigenous use of copper was limited to small-scale utilization and does not account for the prodigious amounts mined.

In European and Middle Eastern Archeological circles, one of the enigmas is where did all the copper come from to sustain the copper and Bronze Age cultures in the time period between 3000 BC and 1200 BC. Local sources were not sufficient and of the quality necessary to supply these large scale cultures.

Oral Native American history and lore deny any affiliation to the prehistoric mining operations; rather they cite 'ancient maritime foreigners' who mined the ' Red Rock '. All throughout North America there are archeological anomalies that point to the possibility of contact from Trans Pacific and Trans Atlantic visitors with pre-Columbian North American cultures. Additional, evidence suggest wide trade networks between the people of Mesoamerica and those magnificent indigenous cultures labeled as the “Mound Builders”.

Rock Lake may hold in its murky depths some of the answers to the identity of the “Ancient Foreigners" that the local Indian lore speaks of. Who are the people that built the 'Rock Tepees" (pyramidal stone structures) that lay beneath the waters of Rock Lake and where did they come?

More and source: http://www.rocklakeresearch.com/history.htm

:cheers:

:shock: ......... :flop:

first i've heard of it... :cheers:
..i have mixed drinks about my feelings...

Writer

PostSun Jan 29, 2012 3:07 pm » by Kate75

Have you got a link to back this story up?

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 29, 2012 3:11 pm » by Svaha

Just look on google, one of them : http://www.canada.com/technology/Discov ... story.html
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell