A Non-Marketing Attempt at Full Disclosure of "THE 999 PLAN"

Initiate

PostSat Jul 04, 2009 11:15 am » by 999plan

@DrJones

Here ya go Doctor Jones and anyone else for that matter interested in the significance of "999" (just in case ...)

Writer

PostSat Jul 04, 2009 12:12 pm » by Zaphod

I Live in Denmark where everyone enjoys a 37 hour work week and 6 weeks holiday a year at full pay (yes, right from your first day at work, although fully paid holidays kick in on your second year at work). I often reffer to our lives as one long holiday, interupted by brief periods of work :owned:
We also have free schools, including university, free doctors and hospitals, out of work allowance of $3000 a month, etc. Despite this, we also have quite a high standard of living.
So the answer isn't more work- it's intelligent work. Wages and taxes are so high in Denmark, we are forced to make something out of every second of the work day. The mantra here is "if it doesn't make us money, stop doing it, no matter what it is".
I'm often amazed at the man-hours wasted in the UK and the US on tasks that don't really impact the bottom line. Your relatively low wages don 't force you to improve the output of each worker which would improve the output of the companies they work for, improving the GDP.

Initiate

PostSat Jul 04, 2009 12:44 pm » by 999plan

zaphod wrote:I Live in Denmark where everyone enjoys a 37 hour work week and 6 weeks holiday a year at full pay (yes, right from your first day at work, although fully paid holidays kick in on your second year at work). I often reffer to our lives as one long holiday, interupted by brief periods of work :owned:
We also have free schools, including university, free doctors and hospitals, out of work allowance of $3000 a month, etc. Despite this, we also have quite a high standard of living.
So the answer isn't more work- it's intelligent work. Wages and taxes are so high in Denmark, we are forced to make something out of every second of the work day. The mantra here is "if it doesn't make us money, stop doing it, no matter what it is".
I'm often amazed at the man-hours wasted in the UK and the US on tasks that don't really impact the bottom line. Your relatively low wages don 't force you to improve the output of each worker which would improve the output of the companies they work for, improving the GDP.

Believe it or not, we are thinking of things from a similar perspective. What I'm trying to promote is a perceptional "push" to look at improved efficiency in 3-day blocks of time vs. our oftenly perceived, overburdened 5-day blocks. As you rightfully point out, working less hours and with more rest periods actually optimizes worker efficiency. In essence, that's the same philosophy I'm adopting here. Basically, this schedule gives everyone a one day "recuperative" break each and every 9-day "week" in addition to a typical 2-day "weekend"; that's basically 40 new holidays annually (although it works out numerically to only a "net" 20 extra days off). But the second side of the coin is productivity. I am driving that by a proposed increase to a 9-hour day. Whether or not that is desirable or even necessary would need to be explored on a company by company basis, and of course, through whatever changes are necessary in each country's labor laws. I have no issues with everyone only working 8-hour days to yield 48 hours per 9 day period. This would yield only 1920 hours annually which is basically what you have with your 37-hr week (37 X 52 = 1924 hrs).

My question then back to you becomes if you can improve both "productivity and efficiency" at the same time with the adoption of a new schedule for virtually no required infrastructural cost, why not do it? That can only help to further improve a country's GDP/GNP! That's why I say this schedule could potentially increase this factor by 4% minimum.

I challenge everyone, double check my math and follow through my logic; hopefully all will be able to see what I'm talking about ... thanks for your comments.

"999"

Conspirator

PostSat Jul 04, 2009 1:43 pm » by Drextin

Let me give you a bit of critique from a pr/media stand point.

You lost this fight before you stepped into the ring. Americans will not respond kindly to anyone messing with their work schedule no matter how beneficiary it may be in the long run unless you can promise some really great incentives right from the get go.

Your proposals have about as much excitement attached to them as Al Gore trying to sell us on conserving bathroom tissue.

Your model may be good......hell it may be the saving grace.......but until you can package it in a way where the american people will buy it.............it means nothing.

Cornbread is right, some of the visual symbolism in your proposal has got to go. Not being mean but if you can't understand that calling it the 999 plan will put it on the fast track to conspiracy land then you might want to start ramping up your resume and stick to your chosen profession. All americans not just conspiracy freaks or bible thumpers respond negatively to certain symbols and terms. I don't consider myself either of those two but I would oppose you just for the fact you didn't seem to have the pulse of the country or understand how it works.

What most people cannot understand nor do they want to is that sometimes a politician has to make his or her campaign user friendly so they can become elected and do the real work they have planned. Some of course abuse this but others understand that for the greater good americans need to be lied to. Its how it has always worked and will always work.......for better or worse. Losers whine about the rules winners play by them.

You need to stop hawking this plan as it stand now. You need to pull it in and do some massive reworking till it is more friendly and easier to comprehend.

I'm not doubting your plan just the methods by which you intend to market it.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Initiate

PostSat Jul 04, 2009 8:13 pm » by 999plan

drextin wrote:Let me give you a bit of critique from a pr/media stand point.

You lost this fight before you stepped into the ring. Americans will not respond kindly to anyone messing with their work schedule no matter how beneficiary it may be in the long run unless you can promise some really great incentives right from the get go.

Your proposals have about as much excitement attached to them as Al Gore trying to sell us on conserving bathroom tissue.

Your model may be good......hell it may be the saving grace.......but until you can package it in a way where the american people will buy it.............it means nothing.

Cornbread is right, some of the visual symbolism in your proposal has got to go. Not being mean but if you can't understand that calling it the 999 plan will put it on the fast track to conspiracy land then you might want to start ramping up your resume and stick to your chosen profession. All americans not just conspiracy freaks or bible thumpers respond negatively to certain symbols and terms. I don't consider myself either of those two but I would oppose you just for the fact you didn't seem to have the pulse of the country or understand how it works.

What most people cannot understand nor do they want to is that sometimes a politician has to make his or her campaign user friendly so they can become elected and do the real work they have planned. Some of course abuse this but others understand that for the greater good americans need to be lied to. Its how it has always worked and will always work.......for better or worse. Losers whine about the rules winners play by them.

You need to stop hawking this plan as it stand now. You need to pull it in and do some massive reworking till it is more friendly and easier to comprehend.

I'm not doubting your plan just the methods by which you intend to market it.

Thanks for the input, Drex, and I really do mean that. You do make some good points. Actually, I know full well that the symbol and the name smacks of controversy which is why I have intentionally chosen them as such. For those believers in Faith (Bible thumpers as you put it), it should make perfectly innocent sense. That's the perceptional test I incorporated into this, as I clarified to Six. For those who are conspiracy theorists, I don't mind the negative blowback because at least it may help in the disclosure process to get the message out there to a much larger audience.

As for businesses, I'm not necessarily doing this for them exclusively or even for my own personal profit as the primary goal. That's the misconception and why this really may not be an otherwise "good" and conventional business plan. This is more so a plan for the people (the employees). It's an attempt to improve upon the existing set of labor benefits in a very positive and transformational growth sort of way.

Anyhow, that's my fairly simplistic rebuttal, but once again, I appreciate your insights ... BTW, do you of any major companies that are actually hiring right now for engineers. All the ones I seem to be interested in are still on hiring freezes which basically means I couldn't get an engineering job even if I was Albert Einstein (which obviously I'm not ... or am I ... lol)! Are you hiring ....?

"999" :cheers:

Initiate

PostSun Jul 19, 2009 7:53 am » by 999plan

I just wanted to let you all know that I will be out of town (in Las Vegas, Nevada) for a little while trying to drum up some support for "THE 999 PLAN". Not clear on how exactly I'm going to go about doing it ... I may just be passing out brochures on the street corner near the Fashion Show Mall or outside the Hilton Convention Center or other convention centers if I can swing that.

But everyone coming to Vegas for a vacation or business over the next few months is welcome to talk with me about the specifics of the PLAN. In fact, I'll personally meet with anyone either in Vegas or Southern California (or any other city at your expense). As a traveling Consultant, I have no problems with private meetings (lunch, dinner, your office, hotel room, etc.) or in a more public setting as long as it's business related, first and foremost. For security reasons and for all parties involved, I plan to log in with any Front Desk as necessary. Since I'm basically dirt poor right now and otherwise unemployed while I'm pursuing this entrepreneurial interest, I'm asking for my standard $250 engineering consulting fee upfront via my website for any "small group" personal meeting, but this will be directly applied to your own Pilot Program IF you actually attempt implementation of the PLAN. Simply put, this is my "Good Faith" deal.

As for my approach with the PLAN ... I have given much thought to the comments from several individuals in particular here on DTV. I want to bring my concept more into focus from a business perspective, but I will probably need some serious help from some interested and motivated individuals.

I want to place front and center that I am attempting to promote and fund virtually 100% a viable large-scale and modular renewable energy delivery solution (my US/Mexico Technology Corridor as a border fence replacement) through the direct implementation both nationally and even globally of the 9-day alternative work schedule method (THE 999 PLAN) as a potential energy conservation solution. In essence, this is an energy solution within another energy solution.

I welcome any opportunity to discuss all this with any individuals, businesses, or organizations in much more detail.

Hope to see all interested parties in the weeks to follow! Please call ahead to schedule any personal meetings.

Sincerely,
Bruce D. Bongardt
BDB Industries, LLC
“Outside-the-Box” Prolutions!

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 19, 2009 8:47 am » by Realorfake

999plan wrote:OK, maybe enough discussion on the religious tie-in to all this for now ... does anyone else have any specifics regarding the ALTERNATIVE WORK SCHEDULE METHOD which this post was mainly and objectively suppose to discuss?

what about adding a half hour to our normal workday now...

wouldnt this do the same thing, but with very little change?

I mean if we all worked until 530, i can see it reaching the same outcome...

honestly though i definitely dont want to work anymore than I do already and i work a normal 40hr work week...
How many times must you honk your horn and say fuck you?
Now what the fuck does that do?
You feel better now, I didnt let you pass.
How bout I stop my car and beat your fuckin' ass?

Initiate

PostSun Jul 19, 2009 9:49 am » by 999plan

realorfake wrote:
999plan wrote:OK, maybe enough discussion on the religious tie-in to all this for now ... does anyone else have any specifics regarding the ALTERNATIVE WORK SCHEDULE METHOD which this post was mainly and objectively suppose to discuss?

what about adding a half hour to our normal workday now...

wouldnt this do the same thing, but with very little change?

I mean if we all worked until 530, i can see it reaching the same outcome...

honestly though i definitely dont want to work anymore than I do already and i work a normal 40hr work week...

While your suggestion would create the potential 4% increased productivity benefits for "your boss", it will not give you "the employee" any additional benefits besides an increase in wage. As you point out, you would just be working more time.

My schedule, however, gives you "the employee" a net 20 extra days off annually, longer vacation times (believe it or not), and a "virtual" holiday / rest day every 9 days; not to mention potential fuel savings. Basically for you and your employer, this schedule negates the need to actually have the designated original Holidays (like Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, Labor Day, etc.) as lost productivity days which is the current case. You would still have these days off and get paid for them in my schedule but overall productivity is based on the fact that you always work 6 of every 9 days (in 3 day blocks of time). The original Holidays would just become your extra 3rd day off on that appropriate 9-day week. Talk about increasing overall productivity and efficiency, I believe this schedule has it all! From my perspective, it's a more balanced set of benefits for both employees and employers alike.

As for hours, US federal law prevents working in excess of 40 hours without it considered as overtime for Non-Exempt employees. Personally, I have no issues with an employer deciding to have his work force work whatever number of hours (8.5, 8, 7.5, 7, etc.) to make this legally work. In any event, I am basically "pushing" the fact that some State and Federal laws will eventually need to be modified to maximize the efficiency for implementing this type of schedule, especially if anyone ever wants to consider the Phase 2 Calendar solution ... but that's jumping the gun quite a bit ... let's first just see if the "Schedule" approach works.

I hope this clarifies things a little more!

:cheers: :sunny:
"999"

Previous