A Nuclear Explosion on Mars

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 30, 2014 12:44 am » by Noentry

A Nuclear Explosion on Mars

It has long been a mystery of why there is a super-abundance of uranium, thorium, and potassium on the Martian surface concentrated near Mare Acidalium in the region of the large, shallow depression. Also, the Martian atmosphere has an unusual amount of radiogenic isotopes.

An explanation for this Martian mystery was presented by Space Physicist John Brandenburg at the 42nd Lunar and Planetary Science Conference in Houston, TX this month. According to the press release, Brandenburg suggests, “evidence shows that approximately 180 million years ago the planet Mars was devastated by a massive natural nuclear explosion. This natural event filled its atmosphere with radio-isotopes, irradiated its soil and atmosphere with neutrons, and spread a layer of radioactive material on the surface of Mars. His analysis estimates the force of the explosion to have been in excess of 1 million one megaton hydrogen bombs. This explosion created a region of enhanced radioactivity centered in the northern Mare Acidalium region at approximately 55N and 15 W.” You can read Brandenburg’s paper here.

If you think Brandenburg’s proposal is far-fetched, consider that something similar almost happened in Africa about two billion years ago.

In 1956, uranium was discovered in Oklo, Gabon, then a French colony. The uranium was mined and used in French nuclear reactors. Most uranium is the stable heavy isotope U-238 and has to be refined to recover the fissionable U-235. It was found that the uranium from Gabon was unusually depleted in U-235. Geologists investigated and in 1972 proposed that the U-235 was depleted because the Gabon deposits were the remains of a natural spontaneous nuclear reactor.

Perhaps the Martians got to a certain point of technological knowledge and blew them selves into oblivion?
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Super Moderator

PostThu Jan 30, 2014 12:52 am » by Seahawk

Or, it came from planetary wars. :think: Mebbe.

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 30, 2014 1:35 am » by Kinninigan

:flop:

not nuclear, but neutron

wipes out life for thousands of years, unlike hiroshima where is only took a few decades to rebuild

"red mercury" neutron bombs can do this

seen it in the movie Red 2..the government denies it exists

hollywood teaches alot of cool secret stuff...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1821694/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

:peep:

Upload to Disclose.tv

https://www.youtube.com/user/kinninigan
http://www.disclose.tv/user/kinninigan/

Initiate

PostThu Jan 30, 2014 1:46 am » by Crotchrocket

Everything comes from stars. Debris from an exploded star hit the planet. Nothing more to see here. Move on.
“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.”
―Denis Diderot

Master Conspirator

PostThu Jan 30, 2014 1:47 am » by *WillEase*

Noentry wrote:You can read Brandenburg’s paper here.
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/lpsc2011/pdf/1097.pdf

Interesting theory.
Spontaneous Nuclear Combustion...
The site owner Lukas said I could show you how to makes hundreds of dollars in your spare time like I do.
If you would like to get yours too, PM me and I WILL hook you up.

Writer

PostSat Feb 01, 2014 7:32 am » by Notcrazy

I don't think there was civilization on Mars but I would believe some kind of activity of some sort happen once upon a time.