A Philosophical Question

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 21, 2009 1:51 am » by Thesaint

If I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was a frog then I aint going to be a hypocrite and believe in it now!

Initiate

PostTue Jul 21, 2009 1:51 am » by Mugenroshi8

Take it a step further, I've seen animals with personality, and have to ask if maybe I just didn't see it in other animals because I don't/didn't spend that time with them to decipher how they communicate. Truly, how important is the method of communication, and the means by which an entity processes and communicates sensory input? Is that what determines an entities worth?

What if we're like puzzle pieces: you can't fit a puzzle piece in the proper place if you don't properly know it's shape and form. Therefore, how can one find the proper niche to fit oneself, if they haven't taken the time to understand their own shape and form? After all, are we not and is not everything you see, hear, taste, touch, all just a perception within a range of visual, auditory, and tactile (sp?) modes of perception. Some we can interpret with our own senses, some we cannot? A dog whistle, by way of for instance.

Perhaps the question itself is who told us to ask these questions, instead of instinctively moving towards what is natural for ourselves as individuals, instead of ourselves as a civilized and modernized (define both for me if you will) entity performing it's useful tasks within said entity? Who is to blame for this confusion? Would it matter if we knew?

We are the entity that acts on our behalf, and actions follow individualistic perception patterns (the lens through which you view reality); therefore you are what you think you are. Is there anything more? Would it truly change what you are if there were?

PS: Not attempting to be annoying, although I see it has the possibility to annoy. I suppose I'm responding with the questions that intrigue me the most, spun off the questions that intrigue others.

Initiate

PostTue Jul 21, 2009 2:00 am » by Snake Plissken

I think that life is just as complex as death.If you really knew why you were here, would you be able to truly learn anyhing?

I think that some of us are here for no reason at all (the true randomness of life!!), while others may be here to learn about some specific aspect of life. Either way i dont think that there really can be one theory to explain why we are here, its complex and not black and white, out of the chaos comes an understanding, an understanding of the complexity and versatility of life.

Good luck everyone.....! :wink:
"The more things change the more they stay the same..."

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 21, 2009 3:10 am » by E6722maj

i wish i knew, just how or who
i am and why i'm here
and understood the bad from good
the rapture and the fear
we settle though to see and know
enough and never more
for true it is, that life's a quiz
you've never seen before :alien:
whatever

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 21, 2009 4:22 am » by Lucidlemondrop

Good thread, peeps.

Sometimes I wonder if the act of "seeking" or "searching" is in and of itself the ultimate for personal growth.

And of course compassion for others.

Perhaps our little mental tape recorders will all reunite once we are beamed back to whence we came.

All these magnetic signatures waiting to touch each other once again, only different than when they "left" home base.

Rambling, sorry...
What a long strange trip it's been..............

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 21, 2009 4:39 am » by Newearthman

Sydney Harris: Quotes on The Meaning of Life
When I hear somebody sigh, "Life is hard," I am always tempted to ask, "Compared to what?
Jean de la Bruyère: Quotes: Life
Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think.
“"But I don't want to go among mad people," said Alice. "Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here." Lewis Carroll

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 21, 2009 4:45 am » by Lucidlemondrop

newearthman wrote:Sydney Harris: Quotes on The Meaning of Life
When I hear somebody sigh, "Life is hard," I am always tempted to ask, "Compared to what?
Jean de la Bruyère: Quotes: Life
Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think.
“"But I don't want to go among mad people," said Alice. "Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here." Lewis Carroll

Now if that little bit doesn't make ya laugh and smile!

What a tragic comedy! hahaha!
:ohno: :dancing:

:banana:

:cheers:
What a long strange trip it's been..............

Initiate

PostTue Jul 21, 2009 6:47 am » by 999plan

cheff wrote:I like the idea of reincarnation, it has good karma in it :sunny: everyone needs inligtening, now this can be from a goverment cover being made public or not using technology for a week and go camping (no phones either) this normally re connects humanity with nature.

now i am not religious but i am not an athieset either. if this is all we get i.e 1 chaance and then there is nothing :help: I find that out come a little sad :( but it is still a possibility. I believe there is no true athieset, because i would like to think that on your death bed you will pray for your family to be happy (or something like that). surely if you are an athieset this action will contredict the whole of their life? thoughts on that plz :bang;
i think the last 500 years have blinkered parts of the human mind as technology gets better humans will be using hte processing power of your brains more giving you less time to relax, I have never meditated before but i can respect and understand how in india deep meditation could change the frequency your brain thought at and you could see other thing etc. if you have nothing to do all day but sit at the top of a mountain and think about stuff i think i would start to see stuff. all i am say with this that i think western society moves at a faster pace, and the rest of the world has to play catch up. :yell: :dancing:

a friend of mine came up with a nice concept, after death you are able to explore the universe as just as a form of something lets say; it is like being stood out side and you cannot see the wind but you can feel it. and this moves you about, i like this adea only as how cool would that be to just be able roam about the universe.

why were you born where you were born? i have asked myself the same question, maybe this was just the next body that was avaliable :help: would you have still been you? if your birthday was on a different day? :shock: :roll: i am looking forward to the next phase but would not wish it on anyone i like life and what the world has to offer. is there only 1 type of ending? if this is indeed a dream surely death is only the start of a new dream :sunny:

Chef

Nice post, Cheff! I'm glad you decided to take the plunge and post your thoughts.

For me, life is all about balance. As humans, it's a constant duality between the physical and spiritual essence of who and what we are. It's what I like to call the "seasoning" that makes each of us distinctly unique from anyone else on earth. The seasoning might be those top 20 bits of information you put on any resume, but in actuality, it is so much more. It is our life experiences, the people we know and meet everyday, the decisions we make, etc. All these things make up you. For some, religion may be everything while for others science is the key and still others it may be something much more abstract.

Realize that you are the truth that we all seek to know, and we each create a slightly different and seasoned version of this truth each and every day. For me, I see God in that creation as well as in those trials, joys, and through the process of sharing and experiencing life. Life is a mystery worthy of our deepest embrace whether we only get one trip on the merry-go-round or a whole bunch. Our daily choices are the framework that hopefully bring some degree of balance to that physical and spiritual duality.

Take care and be well!

:cheers: :sunny:
"999"

Writer

PostFri Oct 16, 2009 6:36 am » by Karus

We are each one of us Unique, the question has landed on each and every one o us at one point or another in our life. Who am I. and we always look at Society for the answer when we need to look inside ourselves. just for that very reason because you are not like me and I am not like you. I think the best example of this is children.

they are not born hate if you put a white child and a black child, an Aisan, American, rushin, Iraqi, Ect in a room with toys they will play. because they have no concept of hate. its something that is learned. So this is what I did many years ago before I was Older then dirt ( as my daughter says ) I sat down and litterally asked myself, who am I, then I wrote down my likes and dislikes, and I really looked at them and I asked myself Who is it I want to be?

Do I want to hate people just because they live in a country that Some of their people Hate us? It was not a Eureka Moment it took a few days each day I would ask myself the same question. and finally I said NO I don't want to hate. I don't want to Do this or do that, I want to be this person and Do this and do that. and one day I woke up and I was the person I wanted to be.

I still have some learning to do I will still be learning till the day I kick off, But to me hats half the fun of like. Learning first The basic me. then finding out that I learn more about ME each day, as I learn about others. keep an open mind, and listen to others and you will find that your not blamig everyone for the stupidity of a few. Just my way of looking at it.

Writer

PostFri Oct 16, 2009 8:33 am » by Zioncon76

You seek the Truth at all cost to self...... :bang; If your world is a lie............ Then you search high and low for the truth......... Question everything.....!!!! Knowledge truly is power..!! This is why those snakes who have made your world a lie..... Try to keep it all classified!!!!! :censored: But make no mistake you will suffer for the real truth....!!! If you are not suffering at least a little, and it is all easy........??? Then it is probably NOT the TRUTH!!!! Remember that when searching!!!! :peep:
Mastery of the human mind, is much more powerful than the mastery of of any external weapon, or "force"..!! The total loyalty of the subservient minds of the masses will always defeat superior "fire power"...! Always!

PreviousNext