A Philosophical Question

PostFri Oct 16, 2009 8:50 am » by Mekka5

...to me i think you kinda answered ur own question... "If I was raised in a place like the middle east I could turn out to be the complete opposite of what I am now."... for who you are is not for anyone to answer but yourself... i think ur looking a little too far for the answers wen sumtimes there right infront you... if u wanna kno who u are jus look in the mirror... whatever u make urself out to be is who u are... God gave u free will ::if u believe in God:: if not , you still got free will to do what you want... if u wanna kno why we gotta do all this... i honestly dont kno why but i think its jus to give us sumthin to do or we would be bored out of our minds... we wouldnt have invented nothing or learned whatever it is we did in our life.. i guess to keep us occupied... if u wanna kno if theres life after death, honestly, it dont matter kuz if u die believing in God or whatever u believe in and there is no life after death, u rilly wouldnt kno...ur dead so its not like u kan get mad or anything... jus live life good and hope there is a God, so if there is a Heaven we would be able to get in and kno what it truly means to live...

-TM

Conspirator

PostFri Oct 16, 2009 9:02 am » by Wolfbane7272

My belief is this ..i think we are here to learn something in this lifetime ..perhaps humility,love ,charity ,grace,tolerance ..whatever ..one single lesson ..once masterd then we move on to something else ..and yes i do beleive in reincarnation so it fits with my view of my reality ..its a personal experience and journey .. and noone will ever find it in a book or a human to teach it to them. Thats what i thinks anyways.

Conspirator

PostFri Oct 16, 2009 12:09 pm » by Ogmios

As I understand it, karma is not something which is supposed to carry on into the next life. Karma is about doing the right thing in this life. It's a law of causality. A causes B if you know what I mean.

For example, one child slaps another in the playground; this child slaps a third; the third child slaps two children to account for the severity of slapping he received from child two; and so we have a never ending cycle of violence all based on causality. Good karma would be to take a slapping and not pass it on to the next person, thereby ending the cycle of bad karma. The same can be said of good karma, where one good deed begets another.

The reason I felt compelled to comment on this thread was that it annoys me to see karma being mis-interpreted in this way. It is a perversion of the concept of karma to attach this pseudo-christian mumbo-jumbo about punishment in the afterlife to what is an idea which is based completely on human choice, not a basis for afflictment. It is, I think, wrong to view people born with disabilities as guilty of some undisclosed sin in a previous life. Why not create a character to believe in? Imagine they were Jack Ripper, Hitler, Ted Bundy, I don't know......

Anyone remember Glen Hoddle?
"God is a concept by which we measure our pain"
John Lennon

viggerz

PostFri Oct 16, 2009 1:44 pm » by viggerz

The only thing born is perception. In my experiance we are everything.

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 31, 2011 7:25 pm » by Newearthman

Well I feel like I'm living an idle life and I also feel like I need to find or discover something about myself and the world. Like a said to start off...If I was a 20 year old in Iraq I would be considered a terrorist by myself who is also a 20 year old and living in Canada by the rules of society. So I guess we are all just the same people living in different bodies having different perceptions of reality.

Initiate

PostMon Jan 31, 2011 7:40 pm » by Sevenofnine

I like the thought behind this post"op" Thinking what the fuck did i get up to in my last life if i had one,seems i was a very naughty boy/girl. If in fact one gets karma from a previous life.

Thank your lucky stars if you have a good life with no worrys, what about children that are abused on a daily basis on many levels, sorry but this is a fact of this life i work with them,if in fact this is a real fact>karma from previous life's, its only going to get worse negative shit happening to children just makes more negative shit come down, its a chain reaction, if you have a good life suck it up, many dont deserve what they are getting, especially if its from a previous life they can not remember.

Child abuse is fucked up!
Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Initiate

PostMon Jan 31, 2011 7:53 pm » by Sevenofnine

So i call bullshit that karma comes from previous lifes, when you deal with the little ones that are raped and beaten it will make you fucking think.
Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Initiate

PostMon Jan 31, 2011 8:25 pm » by Sevenofnine

I see my words stopped this thread in its tracks.As it should. no offence intended.

Initiate

PostMon Jan 31, 2011 8:44 pm » by Sevenofnine

Civil unrest is going down every where, those that have a good life think we are nuts, but the fact is we are very very pissed off with the powers than seem to be.You should be here and see what im seeing the youth also have had a fucking nuf, nuf said. In my town drug dealers do what they want, beat people drug people and control people. I am on many sites and am well connected, and we are making a change, time to join us my friends, chatting on the internet is one thing but what we are doing is on the next level, you the masses are living a lie! fucking wake up! join us in the fight for freedom, only you can free your self from mental slavery!

Change is being ordered from all, youth too!

The youth dose not have addiction problems with drink and drugs, they are trying to escape the reality they have been born into, so mr ptb you are fucked its coming,change is coming you have no ware to go we are coming after you!

Initiate

PostMon Jan 31, 2011 9:15 pm » by Bluesman4uonly

I'm not trying to force my thoughts on you but I'd like to share some thoughts I've concluded.

So many times over my life I've heard the same arguments to your question. Most people are influenced by what they read. An Idea that started from a seed grew to the point that it's taken over the garden. I'm 64, successful, and a somewhat a deep thinker. The things that many of you think new today are old thoughts and old news to someone my age. One of the things I learned was that knowledge is not the end to the question. Without the wisdomto know what to do with the knowledge, knowledge is just another cloud that fills the mind.

I've studied for most of my life and I found that the final answer was just out of reach because each Path lead down another with another possibility. I've asked the question of "why am I here". I've looked at the night sky and wondered. I've loved and found it rewarding, I've lost love and found it painfull but not lasting. I've watched young children and found that all races can live together. I've learned loyality from Jazz, my dog. I've studied every so called religous belief and found that they all have the message of love but don't practice it. I've traveled 35 countries and found that people are mostly the same. They feel hope and dispare, love and hate, and were all basically asking the same question, "who am I and why am I here".

When I was younger, the paths that seemed exciting and mysterious were the ones I took but they were rocky and had many side roads. Now with the end of life not that far away I take the path that leads beside a gently flowing stream and I realize that most people live in the "what if" instead of the "what is". Enjoy the life we have and make the most of it no matter where it came from or who gave it. This is your life and happiness is a matter of mental attutude. Just remember that life is shorter than you think.

PreviousNext