A Philosophical Question

Initiate

PostMon Jan 31, 2011 9:26 pm » by Bandanko

newearthman wrote:I was going to post on Dom's topic but it seemed to have gotten a little off track. I think we were thinking along the same lines today!

My question: Am I being rewarded in this life for something that happened in another? Why was I born in Van, Canada and not some place like the middle east? I think that if I was born in Afganistan or Iraq I would probley be fighting with the terrorists against America and everyone else. I consider myself to be a moral, inteligent and peacefull person but who am I anyway? If I was raised in a place like the middle east I could turn out to be the complete opposite of what I am now. The more I search for answers the more I come up with questions. I don't know who I am!

the answer is quite simple. I have not read the entire thread, so apologies if this has been said. you are you because, simply, you ARE you. if you were born somewhere else you would not be you. you would be that other person.

ps one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter, you ought to see who invaded whose country before you start branding anyone a terrorist

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 31, 2011 9:41 pm » by Newearthman

Where are you from 7of9?
We all feel like we deserve a better life, even the ones who do not live with suffering. My point is we are all in the same boat but society seperates us, makes us enemies and puts us on seperate sides. How can anyone really know who they are?

@ Bluesman4uonly
Thats cool you have found peace in your old age but what does a 28 year old do with a small amount of money and no solid foundation for life? I just get older and things seem to remain the same. I can't save money, I don't have any space of my own, I get bored with repetition of the daily rat race, I'm slowly loosing my zest for life. I'm searching for a way to jumpstart my passion for life and find a meaning for me being here. I'm confused with it all but I still do what I have to do to get by and try to live a "normal life". This is just not enough for me but at the same time I wonder what else is there to life?

Initiate

PostMon Jan 31, 2011 9:56 pm » by Bluesman4uonly

newearthman wrote:Where are you from 7of9?
We all feel like we deserve a better life, even the ones who do not live with suffering. My point is we are all in the same boat but society seperates us, makes us enemies and puts us on seperate sides. How can anyone really know who they are?

@ Bluesman4uonly
Thats cool you have found peace in your old age but what does a 28 year old do with a small amount of money and no solid foundation for life? I just get older and things seem to remain the same. I can't save money, I don't have any space of my own, I get bored with repetition of the daily rat race, I'm slowly loosing my zest for life. I'm searching for a way to jumpstart my passion for life and find a meaning for me being here. I'm confused with it all but I still do what I have to do to get by and try to live a "normal life". This is just not enough for me but at the same time I wonder what else is there to life?

The answer is to live in the "what is" Don't take the worlds problems on your shoulders. Getting somewhat financially secure takes time but it's not that important. Material things seem important to you now but it doesn't bring peace of mind. Learn to fish, plant a garden, hug a child, pet a dog, take a week off from worring about your future and just have some fun. Like I said, quailty of life is a matter of mental attitude. Believe it or not, I was 28 once and had the same problems that you do but I worked through them and found peace of mind which is worth more than all of the money the Federal Reserve can print. Don't quit asking but do quit worring and find the paths in life that you enjoy walking.

Initiate

PostMon Jan 31, 2011 9:57 pm » by Sevenofnine

bluesman4uonly wrote:I'm not trying to force my thoughts on you but I'd like to share some thoughts I've concluded.

So many times over my life I've heard the same arguments to your question. Most people are influenced by what they read. An Idea that started from a seed grew to the point that it's taken over the garden. I'm 64, successful, and a somewhat a deep thinker. The things that many of you think new today are old thoughts and old news to someone my age. One of the things I learned was that knowledge is not the end to the question. Without the wisdomto know what to do with the knowledge, knowledge is just another cloud that fills the mind.

I've studied for most of my life and I found that the final answer was just out of reach because each Path lead down another with another possibility. I've asked the question of "why am I here". I've looked at the night sky and wondered. I've loved and found it rewarding, I've lost love and found it painfull but not lasting. I've watched young children and found that all races can live together. I've learned loyality from Jazz, my dog. I've studied every so called religous belief and found that they all have the message of love but don't practice it. I've traveled 35 countries and found that people are mostly the same. They feel hope and dispare, love and hate, and were all basically asking the same question, "who am I and why am I here".

When I was younger, the paths that seemed exciting and mysterious were the ones I took but they were rocky and had many side roads. Now with the end of life not that far away I take the path that leads beside a gently flowing stream and I realize that most people live in the "what if" instead of the "what is". Enjoy the life we have and make the most of it no matter where it came from or who gave it. This is your life and happiness is a matter of mental attutude. Just remember that life is shorter than you think.

I feel you that was nice,thank you for your thoughts.
Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Initiate

PostMon Jan 31, 2011 9:57 pm » by Sevenofnine

bluesman4uonly wrote:I'm not trying to force my thoughts on you but I'd like to share some thoughts I've concluded.

So many times over my life I've heard the same arguments to your question. Most people are influenced by what they read. An Idea that started from a seed grew to the point that it's taken over the garden. I'm 64, successful, and a somewhat a deep thinker. The things that many of you think new today are old thoughts and old news to someone my age. One of the things I learned was that knowledge is not the end to the question. Without the wisdomto know what to do with the knowledge, knowledge is just another cloud that fills the mind.

I've studied for most of my life and I found that the final answer was just out of reach because each Path lead down another with another possibility. I've asked the question of "why am I here". I've looked at the night sky and wondered. I've loved and found it rewarding, I've lost love and found it painfull but not lasting. I've watched young children and found that all races can live together. I've learned loyality from Jazz, my dog. I've studied every so called religous belief and found that they all have the message of love but don't practice it. I've traveled 35 countries and found that people are mostly the same. They feel hope and dispare, love and hate, and were all basically asking the same question, "who am I and why am I here".

When I was younger, the paths that seemed exciting and mysterious were the ones I took but they were rocky and had many side roads. Now with the end of life not that far away I take the path that leads beside a gently flowing stream and I realize that most people live in the "what if" instead of the "what is". Enjoy the life we have and make the most of it no matter where it came from or who gave it. This is your life and happiness is a matter of mental attutude. Just remember that life is shorter than you think.

I feel you that was nice,thank you for your thoughts.
Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Initiate

PostMon Jan 31, 2011 10:08 pm » by Sevenofnine

newearthman wrote:Where are you from 7of9?

@ Bluesman4uonly

Im in the uk bud, love your work but dont agree with this post, its hard work working with anger from the little ones because of real crazy shit some have to put up with, its hard work dealing with rape and abuse children have to go through even down to the age of 4or5, im one of those on this planet trying to make a difference, some people have a switch to turn off work, i dont it just hurts me to know what goes down, it fucking nuts this is a escape for me i suppose ive jumped on it here because of work, but if you had to speak to a little one that has been beaten or raped it will fuck you up!, the children that experience this are not getting karma from another life. :bullshit:

Initiate

PostMon Jan 31, 2011 10:32 pm » by Bluesman4uonly

7of9: I understand what you're feeling. I too have held the children of Haite who've lost everyone they love. I've fed the children of Bangadash with bloated bellies and I cried when I realized that I could do very little to make the world better. But, child abuse and hunger and many bad things will always be here. You can't stop overall child abuse or hunger or anything like it by educating the public. You can't feed everyone but there is one thing you can do and that's to hold these children and love them. Give them hope where there is none. Feed them if you can, take them in if they have nowhere to go. There is no law that can be written that will stop the atrosities perpretrated on mankind by mankind. Believe me when I say that you should turn your hurt into love and do what you can to show it to them. Don't turn the switch off, as you wrote, just let the light guide your way

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 31, 2011 10:35 pm » by Newearthman

Some say we choose our lives but then one would ask why we should choose such a hellish enviroment to live in? So we can know good spiritual morals the hard way? I think it's a spiritual conspiracy that none of us humans on Earth know anything about ourselves or the nature of reality! Karma may or may not excist that's part of the question I'm trying to solve!

Initiate

PostMon Jan 31, 2011 10:41 pm » by Bluesman4uonly

Karma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Origins|Views|In the Indian religions|Western interpretation
Karma ; Pali: kamma) in Indian religions is the concept of "action" or "deed", understood as that which causes the entire cycle of cause and effect originating in ancient India and treated in Hindu, Jain, Buddhist and Sikh...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma - Cached.

I once again offer the idea that to change your karma is to change your mental attitude. happiness in Life is your mental attitude.

Initiate

PostMon Jan 31, 2011 10:52 pm » by Sevenofnine

bluesman4uonly wrote:7of9: I understand what you're feeling. I too have held the children of Haite who've lost everyone they love. I've fed the children of Bangadash with bloated bellies and I cried when I realized that I could do very little to make the world better. But, child abuse and hunger and many bad things will always be here. You can't stop overall child abuse or hunger or anything like it by educating the public. You can't feed everyone but there is one thing you can do and that's to hold these children and love them. Give them hope where there is none. Feed them if you can, take them in if they have nowhere to go. There is no law that can be written that will stop the atrosities perpretrated on mankind by mankind. Believe me when I say that you should turn your hurt into love and do what you can to show it to them. Don't turn the switch off, as you wrote, just let the light guide your way

I feel you, yes i get you, Its just that i dont agree that former life brings your reality to be.

I do turn negative to positive that is my role here, just need to turn off now and again, which is hard due to things im involved in.

I have moments of downtime, especially when i read things here saying like im well hooked up life is good, karma from another life.No you are lucky enjoy your life! and be very grateful for a easy life. :hugging: .

PreviousNext