A Philosophical Question

Initiate
Posts: 270
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:14 pm

PostMon Jan 31, 2011 11:06 pm » by Bluesman4uonly


I agree with you about former life not affecting your present life, if there is such a thing as a former life. People confuse re-encarnation with regeneration. Let's reason for a minute. If life was predestened in the things we do then why have a final judgement? If previous live's karma influenced your new life then what's the purpose of the new life? None of that makes sense when you digest it. Just spit it out because it's just a cloud to fill your thoughts and give people an excuse for why they are where they are and what makes them do what they do. It's a cloak to hide behind for people who can't or won't make a change for the good in their own life.

Initiate
Posts: 270
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:14 pm

PostMon Jan 31, 2011 11:18 pm » by Bluesman4uonly


Just one more thought and I'll get offline. I once thought I couldn't and I didn't. But once I realized I could, I did.

Writer
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:19 pm

PostThu Jan 24, 2013 11:11 pm » by gerardjames752


Newearthman wrote:I was going to post on Dom's topic but it seemed to have gotten a little off track. I think we were thinking along the same lines today!

My question: Am I being rewarded in this life for something that happened in another? Why was I born in Van, Canada and not some place like the middle east? I think that if I was born in Afganistan or Iraq I would probley be fighting with the terrorists against America and everyone else. I consider myself to be a moral, inteligent and peacefull person but who am I anyway? If I was raised in a place like the middle east I could turn out to be the complete opposite of what I am now. The more I search for answers the more I come up with questions. I don't know who I am!



keep going... eventually you will realize that the answer is what you choose it to be. The only thing that is consistent with all forms of life is that we are having an experience whether as a battery, a trapped soul, or an animal gaining self awareness, it is choice and few ever realize that because in order for what ever it is that you choose to become permanent or real, and heres the kicker that turns people off, you have to keep at that choice you've choosen for it to become real, purpose therefore arises and you then understand the why. who you are then is what you are becoming and hence is impossible to explain but only experienced...

any whoo take care
raised eyebrows poked out lips mantra to the extreme and be

Writer
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:19 pm

PostThu Jan 24, 2013 11:13 pm » by gerardjames752


Bluesman4uonly wrote:I agree with you about former life not affecting your present life, if there is such a thing as a former life. People confuse re-encarnation with regeneration. Let's reason for a minute. If life was predestened in the things we do then why have a final judgement? If previous live's karma influenced your new life then what's the purpose of the new life? None of that makes sense when you digest it. Just spit it out because it's just a cloud to fill your thoughts and give people an excuse for why they are where they are and what makes them do what they do. It's a cloak to hide behind for people who can't or won't make a change for the good in their own life.



:flop: :cheers:
raised eyebrows poked out lips mantra to the extreme and be

Initiate
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:29 am

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 11:27 pm » by Yarblis


I believe we are a combination of who we have to be and who we choose to be.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 5983
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:38 am
Location: My happy place

PostWed Jan 30, 2013 2:28 am » by Newearthman


Yarblis wrote:I believe we are a combination of who we have to be and who we choose to be.


Ya, me too, I feel like I have a life path set for me but it's up to me about how much of it I accomplish...or something like that.

Time is not linear so everything that is going to happen has already happened :headscratch:
Image

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 365
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: in front of my screen

PostWed Jan 30, 2013 5:41 am » by just_the_flu


Newearthman wrote:I think that if I was born in Afganistan or Iraq I would probley be fighting with the terrorists against America and everyone else. I consider myself to be a moral, inteligent and peacefull person but who am I anyway? If I was raised in a place like the middle east I could turn out to be the complete opposite of what I am now. The more I search for answers the more I come up with questions. I don't know who I am!


very interesting question.....



if you happened to be afganny(SP?) you probably would think the same aboot yourself...


I consider myself to be a moral, inteligent and peacefull person


.........


it just depends on what side of the fence you're sitting on....


don't forget... history is written by its victors :look:


:cheers:
...you dont know your wearing a leash if you sit by the peg all day...



...some asshole thought of it, some sucker believed it, and look what its done so far...


Previous

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook