A Philosophical Question

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 21, 2009 12:43 am » by Newearthman

I was going to post on Dom's topic but it seemed to have gotten a little off track. I think we were thinking along the same lines today!

My question: Am I being rewarded in this life for something that happened in another? Why was I born in Van, Canada and not some place like the middle east? I think that if I was born in Afganistan or Iraq I would probley be fighting with the terrorists against America and everyone else. I consider myself to be a moral, inteligent and peacefull person but who am I anyway? If I was raised in a place like the middle east I could turn out to be the complete opposite of what I am now. The more I search for answers the more I come up with questions. I don't know who I am!

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 21, 2009 12:53 am » by Flecktarn

you raise a good point .....who are we ....are we like in the film the matrix just batterys or is this all a dream and we are yet to be born ,i think were we grow up helps shape our lives ,thats asuming we have lives ,this is real deep :headscratch: it may be one of them thing were not ment to figure out just acept as what we call life ?????
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 21, 2009 1:01 am » by Newearthman

flecktarn wrote: it may be one of them thing were not ment to figure out just acept as what we call life ?????

I hate it when people (not you flecktarn) say that shit like they're just not going to put any thought into life or bother to figure themselves out!

brillbilly

PostTue Jul 21, 2009 1:07 am » by brillbilly

hi neweaethman, where you live in the world plays a huge part in conditioning you to conform to ways of that country, but most of use are just cogs that help turn a huge machine.if i moved from uk to say spain then i soon become a cog in that countrys machine.i try to follow my own path in life but there are so many obstructions and rules to conform to its so hard to know who any of us realy are,we are a species with amnesia :headscratch: :cheers:

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 21, 2009 1:12 am » by Flecktarn

newearthman wrote:
flecktarn wrote: it may be one of them thing were not ment to figure out just acept as what we call life ?????

I hate it when people (not you flecktarn) say that shit like they're just not going to put any thought into life or bother to figure themselves out!

i thought about it many times,its a good topic when drink is involved ,i want anwsers to our meaning just dont know were to start ,its a tough one and headache induceing :flop:
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 21, 2009 1:15 am » by Hansom

Part of your purpose for being is to find out who you are.
I think you may have been a commandant in the waffen ss before and possibly a missionary before that, so forth and so on.
Just as right now there are millions upon millions of moral, intelligent peaceful people born and living in the middle east, to find out who they are.
This I think is done to see how your soul deals with different situations it has to go through in it's many incarnations.
In Lak'ech

May the force be with you, always.

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 21, 2009 1:38 am » by Newearthman

slushpup wrote:All joking aside, this question has plagued mankind since the beginning of time. Maybe it is not as complex as we think. What if we are simply a complexly evolved designed vehicle and vessel to carry and pass on DNA to ensure its continuation. Nothing more and nothing less. Everything else is just window dressing and distraction from the bitter truth. :think:

If that were true I don't think we would have such complex personalities and such a wide range of people who all think differently than each other. I guess animals fit that discription of just doing a job and carrying on their DNA but humans are set apart by the use of our imagination and ability to teach the next generation. I guess if we stopped teaching the next generation we would turn back into animals?

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 21, 2009 1:41 am » by Rizze

I once thought the people of the world,was just like me.(aged 10) then full of awe and inspiring thoughts of this planet.

Wondering about the life that dwells upon it, beneath it,and mostly above it.

Loving all things nature, still do.
Why do people harm others,why can't they be like me.

Today it all seems fckd... heading on a collision course of self destruction.

No respect given to parents from children..... stems from the new age hippies of the sixties imo.

All this political correction stuff, man that sucks.

I too wondered if those in the middle eastern countries thought the same way as me.... but have since learned, we all are just what brillbilly says, cogs in the machine,cogs of conform,cogs of lies.
To understand the lies of all the governments, without being to deep about it.... they are all the same.

We are the ones with the absolute power,but we just don't know how to use our power against what would otherwise be seen as an act of terrorism against our fellow countries.

Do I know who I am, today?

I still have faith in humanity, and it may work out for the best one day.

Not in my lifetime though.. if there is a next life I would really like to be a part of a peaceful, worldly existence.

My philosophy today is, life is shit then you die.
Dust................will be my next life destination, I think.
But would rather know I have a new life, to look forward to.

http://ufomaniacs.blogspot.com/
http://tiny.cc/Rizzesearch
"The greatest things on earth are us,supposedly.
Why don't we act accordingly, with humanity" Rizze

Writer

PostTue Jul 21, 2009 1:42 am » by Cheff

I like the idea of reincarnation, it has good karma in it :sunny: everyone needs inligtening, now this can be from a goverment cover being made public or not using technology for a week and go camping (no phones either) this normally re connects humanity with nature.

now i am not religious but i am not an athieset either. if this is all we get i.e 1 chaance and then there is nothing :help: I find that out come a little sad :( but it is still a possibility. I believe there is no true athieset, because i would like to think that on your death bed you will pray for your family to be happy (or something like that). surely if you are an athieset this action will contredict the whole of their life? thoughts on that plz :bang;
i think the last 500 years have blinkered parts of the human mind as technology gets better humans will be using hte processing power of your brains more giving you less time to relax, I have never meditated before but i can respect and understand how in india deep meditation could change the frequency your brain thought at and you could see other thing etc. if you have nothing to do all day but sit at the top of a mountain and think about stuff i think i would start to see stuff. all i am say with this that i think western society moves at a faster pace, and the rest of the world has to play catch up. :yell: :dancing:

a friend of mine came up with a nice concept, after death you are able to explore the universe as just as a form of something lets say; it is like being stood out side and you cannot see the wind but you can feel it. and this moves you about, i like this adea only as how cool would that be to just be able roam about the universe.

why were you born where you were born? i have asked myself the same question, maybe this was just the next body that was avaliable :help: would you have still been you? if your birthday was on a different day? :shock: :roll: i am looking forward to the next phase but would not wish it on anyone i like life and what the world has to offer. is there only 1 type of ending? if this is indeed a dream surely death is only the start of a new dream :sunny:

Chef

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 21, 2009 1:50 am » by Newearthman

cheff wrote:now i am not religious but i am not an athieset either. if this is all we get i.e 1 chaance and then there is nothing :help: I find that out come a little sad :( but it is still a possibility. I believe there is no true athieset, because i would like to think that on your death bed you will pray for your family to be happy (or something like that). surely if you are an athieset this action will contredict the whole of their life? thoughts on that plz :sunny:

Chef

I don't feel like I am responsible to or have to own up to any "God" I feel that I am my own leader and the only one to judge myself!

Next