A question for the Atheist

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 06, 2011 10:57 pm » by Megame23

I have a question for all you atheists out there, who think the universe was not created by intelligent design.

how could the relationship between flowers and insects (best known example: Bee pollination) possibly have evolved?

bees need the nectar from flowers to make their honey. but flowers need the bees to spread their seed.

how could you possibly think a symbiotic relationship like this one is a product of random evolution?
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~Edmund Burke

Initiate

PostWed Apr 06, 2011 11:18 pm » by Jeckk

megame23 wrote:I have a question for all you atheists out there, who think the universe was not created by intelligent design.

how could the relationship between flowers and insects (best known example: Bee pollination) possibly have evolved?

bees need the nectar from flowers to make their honey. but flowers need the bees to spread their seed.

how could you possibly think a symbiotic relationship like this one is a product of random evolution?

Well I'm not exactly an atheist however, bee's didn't always exist. Before bee's, there were other methods (for example, just the wind). It wasn't as effective and so flowers didn't spread as widely as they do WITH the help of bee's. Also there may have been other animals down the timeline who did exactly what bee's do today, and now those animals are extinct.

Basically the flower came before the bee, and over time nature developed a new cycle (which now to you, seems like the only cycle that ever was).

Initiate

PostWed Apr 06, 2011 11:19 pm » by Samael

What response would be satisfactory enough for you to stop these sort of threads?

I hope you realize how self-indulgent this is, and is nothing more than a passive aggressive attack on atheism.

The answer to your question is the same answer as to why you do childish things like this.
Engage your brain and think about this for a while.
A Poison of, or A Remedy for
The end never justify the means.
eliakim wrote:In the top right hand corner where my Spirit unicorn used to appear

eliakim wrote: Abba spoke and he said he would cut off the penis of Islam.

Initiate

PostWed Apr 06, 2011 11:26 pm » by Captainkarizma

sorry dude but it looks lie you are just tossing out this thread with only one thing on your brain,wake up and get a grip on reality.
Humming birds and other insects pollinate also,not just bees.
And you are trying to connect god to pollination?????
:robot: this is the captain speaking :badair:

Super Moderator

PostWed Apr 06, 2011 11:29 pm » by domdabears

Moths do the same thing too.
Then there's a little mammal who stays in this tree that flowers and eats the moths.
Saw it on Planet Earth.

Me so smart.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 06, 2011 11:32 pm » by Daemonfoe

Why not ask an Agnostic? They are obviously open to more possibilities than either Christian or Atheist, and their beliefs do not contradict anyone's...

Why not look at this from a scientific perspective instead of a "omg i just proved god exists" perspective?

If you know God exists, then why do you need to rub it in people's faces? Are you that self centered, or really are you actually not sure that God exists, and you're hoping no one can explain your question so that you feel better about wanting to believe that God exists?

Sorry that's probably too deep for someone who needs to cling to a crutch to stand up.

Here's my scientific answer: Flowers produce pollen. Bees (and other insects) happen to like pollen. The end.

Here's your christian answer: God thought it would be so beautiful and magical if bees buzzed around flowers all day, but he was sad that all the unicorns died out so he made the bees use the flower pollen to make honey so everyone had something yummy to eat.
The two choices we have are something starting from nothing, or something existing infinitely. These are both paradoxes. The existence of everything is therefore a paradox. -daemonfoe

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 06, 2011 11:35 pm » by Roadkill

samael wrote:What response would be satisfactory enough for you to stop these sort of threads?

I hope you realize how self-indulgent this is, and is nothing more than a passive aggressive attack on atheism.

The answer to your question is the same answer as to why you do childish things like this.
Engage your brain and think about this for a while.

I see it as a sign that he is thinking. As long as that happens there is still hope for him.
Science will fly you into the Cosmos

Upload to Disclose.tv

Religion will fly you into Buildings

Writer

PostWed Apr 06, 2011 11:40 pm » by Oibedroc

I'd like to add on with MeGame23, how do you have proof that the flower existed before the bee, and also, how do you have proof "the wind" induced pollination before bees? Not looking for aggressive posts with attacks, just wanting to have a respectable debate...

This isn't a post that shouldn't be on here... we're all seeking the truth, and disclosing our viewpoints is what this site is built on.

I know i'm coming out of nowhere, but i've been a member of the site for a few years now and would like to get more involved.

Initiate

PostWed Apr 06, 2011 11:41 pm » by Ademu

megame23 wrote:how could you possibly think a symbiotic relationship like this one is a product of random evolution?

This statement alone indicates you are not here for reasonable debate.

I'm not an atheist, but your question is flawed in nature. The burden of proof is on the one making the claim i.e. in this instance you. So my reply would be: How are they not products of evolution?

It's easy to make blanketing statements of absoluteness when what you are postulating is impossible to prove/disprove.

Also look at animals like that tiny marsupial in Australia with the world's biggest nuts in relation to its body size (can't recall the name at the moment). It evolved alongside a specific flower in the region (again can't recall the name at the moment), feeds only on that flower's nectar, and in return the flower relies on the marsupial for pollination (since the pollen coats the marsupial's coat as it travels around the plant gathering nectar).

Writer

PostWed Apr 06, 2011 11:43 pm » by Oibedroc

oibedroc wrote:I'd like to add on with MeGame23, how do you have proof that the flower existed before the bee, and also, how do you have proof "the wind" induced pollination before bees? There IS proof that bee's pollinate flowers as Megame said, but yet no proof that pollination could happen without it. Not looking for aggressive posts with attacks, just wanting to have a respectable debate...

This isn't a post that shouldn't be on here... we're all seeking the truth, and disclosing our viewpoints is what this site is built on.

I know i'm coming out of nowhere, but i've been a member of the site for a few years now and would like to get more involved.

Next