A Slice of Time

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 22, 2014 9:06 pm » by One-23

I know it's not going to everyone's cup of tea, but I thought those who like art in all of it's glorious incarnations, might appreciate this.

I'm still deciding what to make of this, tantalizingly immersive and very haunting.

Enjoy :flop:

A Slice of Time on A Crowded Subway Platform: Stunningly Clear High Speed Video

Somewhere along the border of still photography and motion picture lies the stunning high speed footage shot on Adam Magyar’s self-constructed slit screen camera with homemade software. Over a span of just seconds, on a busy NYC subway platform, there is so much going on and Magyar slows it down so that we can see how much our eyes miss. Hundreds of lives, all on a different path, converge for a moment on a single subway platform, likely never to line up in that same way again.

High speed video recording in NYC at Grand Central station.

full video: 10min. 49sec. 720p 50fps

High speed video recording in Berlin at U2 Alexanderplatz station. (2011)

full video: 24min. 48sec. 720p 50fps

High speed video recording in Tokyo at Shinjuku station.

full video: 11min. 11sec. 720p 50fps

Sources http://www.visualnews.com/2014/01/09/sl ... eed-video/ - http://www.magyaradam.com/

Upload to Disclose.tv

WELCOME TO THE D.D.C
DTV Doomtards Club

Writer

PostWed Jan 22, 2014 9:34 pm » by Fr33d0m

Pretty cool videos :flop: I'll tell you what my eyes still missed on all three of them, not one smile to be seen anywhere :dunno:

Initiate

PostWed Jan 22, 2014 9:56 pm » by pushtone

Super ................................... Much thanks for posting :flop:

:wink:
- - -

"If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present.

Ludwig Wittgenstein.

Initiate

PostThu Jan 23, 2014 12:02 am » by missamandamanhattan

Fabulous art. Thank you for sharing this - it impacted on me by slowing me down. I watched all three of the clips and I noted that in the German clip - the little girl who was running - to me she became a motif for spirit/energy/life as no one else was moving.

I noted two people who were caught picking their nose - well one might have been a scratch. On a positive note I saw people standing still and that created a sense of calm and thoughtfulness - even thought there were no smiling or laughing faces, perhaps that is why the child running made me feel good.

I may never have found this on my own so thank you again for sharing.

Much Peace - Amanda