A strange postmodern way of meditation

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 22, 2010 3:39 am » by Tertiusgaudens

In my city (around 100000 inhabitants) there was an article in the paper last summer which was very enlightening.

From 2004 till now the number of people suffering from psychic disorders had doubled.

Mostly people suffering from burn out and depression.

This is a big thing in Germany as a whole today.

Recently I had a long talk with a psychologist about that topic.

He said something that made me thinking deep.

This is a strange postmodern way of meditation.

The contemporary human in our society is a chevied one. There is hardly time and will looking into oneself. Always chevy and self escape - this is the case today.

Body and mind go this way a few steps till it stops. The human gets sick. And this way the modern human is kicked out from the run - thus getting time.

Now he has time with himself. Body and mind have managed it this way. A way of healing would be taking that time to fiddle with themselfes. This I mean with postmodern way of meditation.

Of course the question is whether somebody takes this chance of daring a look while being kicked out, for many, as I observed, do not...

This I found an interesting approach...
Last edited by Tertiusgaudens on Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hope is the thing with feathers...
Emily Dickinson

Master Conspirator

PostWed Dec 22, 2010 3:43 am » by Lowsix

***alice sez cant touch that with a ten foot pole.
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 22, 2010 3:47 am » by Tertiusgaudens

... I understand...
Emily Dickinson

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 22, 2010 3:49 am » by 99socks

tertiusgaudens wrote:
Of course the question is whether somebody takes this chance of daring a look while being kicked out, for many, as I observed, do not...[/b]

You are right, they do not... But we are so out of tune with ourselves, it doesn't occur to anyone that they got sick for a reason. And many illnesses we suffer from are symbolically related to certain emotional or environmental problems... Our culture drives us to see a problem and fix it as soon as possible. No time is allowed for any process, let alone the slow type of processes required for permanent positive change. We hit problems with solutions as big as the problems, constantly swinging back and forth between two extremes... rarely much time is spent in actual balance.

The solution of course is to work with the process, and to not hide from what is painful or ugly. But we have lived such privileged lives that many of us are so uncomfortable with that pain that we do whatever we can to avoid it. And so, our illnesses get worse and worse.

Illness is often the only socially acceptable form of Western meditation. -Christiane Northrup
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014

I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 22, 2010 3:53 am » by Tertiusgaudens

Yeah, you said it, maybe the psycho doc had heard of Northrup`s insight being similar to his...
Emily Dickinson

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 22, 2010 3:57 am » by 99socks

Actually, a lot of it comes from Eastern ideas that have been floating around for a while. So who knows where the psychologist heard it from.

But yeah, see "Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom" by Christiane Northrup, especially the chapter on Healing. The entire book should be required reading for everybody. I keep giving away copies of it... I give someone my copy, then re-purchase the book for myself, then I give it away again... I think I've given away 5 so far. :D
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014

I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 22, 2010 4:00 am » by Tertiusgaudens

See, now YOU give bool advices as it supposed to be I believe... great!
Emily Dickinson

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 22, 2010 4:02 am » by 99socks

tertiusgaudens wrote:See, now YOU give bool advices as it supposed to be I believe... great!

Ha ha ha... I'll mail you my copy if you want it! :D

Master Conspirator

PostWed Dec 22, 2010 4:02 am » by Lowsix

this new meditation...

leftovers from killing god off..
thats the legacy..this new 'meditation'.

I think friedreich understood zis..at the end.
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Next