A SWAT team blew a hole in my 2-year-old son

Master Conspirator

PostWed Jun 25, 2014 10:37 pm » by *WillEase*

That's right: Officers threw a flashbang grenade in my son's crib -- and left a hole in his chest. It gets worse...

By Alecia Phonesavanh

After our house burned down in Wisconsin a few months ago, my husband and I packed our four young kids and all our belongings into a gold minivan and drove to my sister-in-law’s place, just outside of Atlanta. On the back windshield, we pasted six stick figures: a dad, a mom, three young girls, and one baby boy.

That minivan was sitting in the front driveway of my sister-in-law’s place the night a SWAT team broke in, looking for a small amount of drugs they thought my husband’s nephew had. Some of my kids’ toys were in the front yard, but the officers claimed they had no way of knowing children might be present. Our whole family was sleeping in the same room, one bed for us, one for the girls, and a crib.

After the SWAT team broke down the door, they threw a flashbang grenade inside. It landed in my son’s crib.

Flashbang grenades were created for soldiers to use during battle. When they explode, the noise is so loud and the flash is so bright that anyone close by is temporarily blinded and deafened. It’s been three weeks since the flashbang exploded next to my sleeping baby, and he’s still covered in burns.

There’s still a hole in his chest that exposes his ribs. At least that’s what I’ve been told; I’m afraid to look.

My husband’s nephew, the one they were looking for, wasn’t there. He doesn’t even live in that house. After breaking down the door, throwing my husband to the ground, and screaming at my children, the officers – armed with M16s – filed through the house like they were playing war. They searched for drugs and never found any.

I heard my baby wailing and asked one of the officers to let me hold him. He screamed at me to sit down and shut up and blocked my view, so I couldn’t see my son. I could see a singed crib. And I could see a pool of blood. The officers yelled at me to calm down and told me my son was fine, that he’d just lost a tooth. It was only hours later when they finally let us drive to the hospital that we found out Bou Bou was in the intensive burn unit and that he’d been placed into a medically induced coma.

For the last three weeks, my husband and I have been sleeping at the hospital. We tell our son that we love him and we’ll never leave him behind. His car seat is still in the minivan, right where it’s always been, and we whisper to him that soon we’ll be taking him home with us.

Every morning, I have to face the reality that my son is fighting for his life. It’s not clear whether he’ll live or die. All of this to find a small amount of drugs?

The only silver lining I can possibly see is that my baby Bou Bou’s story might make us angry enough that we stop accepting brutal SWAT raids as a normal way to fight the “war on drugs.” I know that this has happened to other families, here in Georgia and across the country. I know that SWAT teams are breaking into homes in the middle of the night, more often than not just to serve search warrants in drug cases. I know that too many local cops have stockpiled weapons that were made for soldiers to take to war. And as is usually the case with aggressive policing, I know that people of color and poor people are more likely to be targeted. I know these things because of the American Civil Liberties Union’s new report, and because I’m working with them to push for restraints on the use of SWAT.

A few nights ago, my 8-year-old woke up in the middle of the night screaming, “No, don’t kill him! You’re hurting my brother! Don’t kill him.” How can I ever make that go away? I used to tell my kids that if they were ever in trouble, they should go to the police for help. Now my kids don’t want to go to sleep at night because they’re afraid the cops will kill them or their family. It’s time to remind the cops that they should be serving and protecting our neighborhoods, not waging war on the people in them.

I pray every minute that I’ll get to hear my son’s laugh again, that I’ll get to watch him eat French fries or hear him sing his favorite song from “Frozen.” I’d give anything to watch him chase after his sisters again. I want justice for my baby, and that means making sure no other family ever has to feel this horrible pain.

Update: As of the afternoon of 6/24/2014, Baby Bou Bou has been taken out of the medically induced coma and transferred to a new hospital to begin rehabilitation. The hole in his chest has yet to heal, and doctors are still not able to fully assess lasting brain damage.

Alecia Phonesavanh is the mother of Bounkham Phonesavanh, nicknamed "Baby Bou Bou." She and her family live in Atlanta. For more information about Bou Bou, go to: http://justiceforbabyboubou.com/

Sorry, only US and Canadian citizens may apply.

http://freebiemoneyprinter.com/cp6.php?user=willease

Super Moderator

PostWed Jun 25, 2014 10:58 pm » by The57ironman

.....Lord, why have you forsaken me..?

Professor Chris Williams says a solution to the climate crisis requires a restructuring of the global economy

Image.....just buy more red shoes..

Conspirator

PostWed Jun 25, 2014 11:02 pm » by Tuor10

I am lost for words.

That is fucking terrible.

Seriously - what the hell is going on in this world?

If I were religious, I would have to say that the Devil is winning.

Initiate

PostWed Jun 25, 2014 11:31 pm » by Crotchrocket

Apparently there is more to this story. The family knew they were moving into a home with drug activity. If you want to keep your children safe it is probably a good idea to keep them out of a known meth house. There is really no excuse.
“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.”
―Denis Diderot

Master Conspirator

PostWed Jun 25, 2014 11:47 pm » by *WillEase*

Crotchrocket wrote:Apparently there is more to this story. The family knew they were moving into a home with drug activity. If you want to keep your children safe it is probably a good idea to keep them out of a known meth house. There is really no excuse.

I couldn't help but wonder what caused the fire that burned down their house.
How, by the way, do you know if they knew? The police didn't find the dealer or drugs in the house.
Besides, I would think the police kept the house under surveillance, so should have known there was a
baby (and two kids) in the house.

Sorry, only US and Canadian citizens may apply.

http://freebiemoneyprinter.com/cp6.php?user=willease

Conspirator

PostWed Jun 25, 2014 11:57 pm » by Tuor10

*WillEase* wrote: I would think the police kept the house under surveillance, so should have known there was a baby (and two kids) in the house.

My thoughts exactly.

Super Moderator

PostWed Jun 25, 2014 11:59 pm » by The57ironman

*WillEase* wrote:
Crotchrocket wrote:Apparently there is more to this story. The family knew they were moving into a home with drug activity. If you want to keep your children safe it is probably a good idea to keep them out of a known meth house. There is really no excuse.

I couldn't help but wonder what caused the fire that burned down their house.
How, by the way, do you know if they knew? The police didn't find the dealer or drugs in the house.
Besides, I would think the police kept the house under surveillance, so should have known there was a

............google the local newspaper article.. :peep:

:cheers:

Professor Chris Williams says a solution to the climate crisis requires a restructuring of the global economy

Image.....just buy more red shoes..

Initiate

PostThu Jun 26, 2014 12:13 am » by Middleman

Crotchrocket wrote:There is really no excuse.

I would have thought so too, and yet here you are, justifying fascists hurting babies.

Conspirator

PostThu Jun 26, 2014 12:29 am » by Fatdogmendoza

*WillEase* wrote: so should have known there was a

Just like theatres of war eh?

Slough

Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough!
It isn't fit for humans now,
There isn't grass to graze a cow.
Swarm over, Death!
Come, bombs and blow to smithereens
Those air -conditioned, bright canteens,
Tinned fruit, tinned meat, tinned milk, tinned beans,
Tinned minds, tinned breath.

Mess up the mess they call a town-
A house for ninety-seven down
And once a week a half a crown
For twenty years.

And get that man with double chin
Who'll always cheat and always win,
Who washes his repulsive skin
In women's tears:

And smash his desk of polished oak
And smash his hands so used to stroke
And stop his boring dirty joke
And make him yell.

But spare the bald young clerks who add
The profits of the stinking cad;
It's not their fault that they are mad,
They've tasted Hell.

It's not their fault they do not know
The birdsong from the radio,
It's not their fault they often go
To Maidenhead

And talk of sport and makes of cars
In various bogus-Tudor bars
And daren't look up and see the stars
But belch instead.

In labour-saving homes, with care
Their wives frizz out peroxide hair
And dry it in synthetic air
And paint their nails.

Come, friendly bombs and fall on Slough
To get it ready for the plough.
The cabbages are coming now;
The earth exhales.
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Super Moderator

PostThu Jun 26, 2014 2:24 am » by Vulcanic

this is the age we live in, we live in a country that allows guns, WAKE UP

ok go raid these guys nicely haha bring no guns no flashbangs lol good luck :flop:

Upload to Disclose.tv

gangs are getting huge its no joke people no joke at all, almost to the point we do not need police they are under manned and gunned we need military if it keeps growing at the rate it is

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

this is what cops deal with day after day the animals of USA this is why cops are the way they are this is why they use the tactics they use, its the world we live in now, sad but true..

cant even go to some malls anymore without being ganged up on

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

My YouTube Channel :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPmp_ByJdC5zkBQQmCr7EUw

Upload to Disclose.tv

Next