A thread about cooking

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 03, 2011 6:50 am » by SUKHOV

This thread is about recipes, cooking techniques, and ingredients (whether they be alive or not :scary: )

Post em if you got em guys! I know there's a lot of people here, and not everyone enjoys the same thing, if you have something you like, share it!
The True Sons of Liberty are alive and well.
Мое сердце, мой спаситель, да будет свет.

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 03, 2011 8:19 am » by Punjedi

Poor mans awesome Ramen.

Put 4 cups water into a pot, add two Ramen pack sauce packets into the water and bring to a boil.

once boiling pour in your noodles (this helps cook the flavor into the noodles) roughly about the time the noodles are almost done, add 2 eggs and stir rapidly. This creates a thick noodly kind of egg drop soup.

I guarantee if you are hungry and don't have much on money, your belly will thank you.

p.s. The people breathing the air around you however, may not :)
Nihil Sine Fide!

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 03, 2011 8:37 am » by Malogg

hhmm here is a fine pudding strawberries plain icecream the icecream has to be topgrade and dairy no cheap shit and Glenmorangie and milk Chocolate not white shit.

wash strawberries put in a bowl with some scoops of the icecream, grate milk chocolate over the top and add a treble of Glenmorangie over the top and enjoy.

1 of my Scottish pudding's made by me :)
This would sell in any top class restaurant lol even Gordon Ramsay would die at the taste of my signature pudding.
Every clown has a name eh what is yours?...

Super Moderator

PostSun Apr 03, 2011 2:35 pm » by Slith

This dish is a couple of years old. Still unique, and I won a competition with it. The only pic of food I have made that I still have on my puter

A smoked salmon and caper quiche, poached in a banana leaf served with a green/ white aparagus salad in a reduced balsamic viniagrette. Finished with a sambucca drizzle and a gingerbread cookie on the side(sword)

Beating the shit out of the spammers......one click at a time

Super Moderator

PostSun Apr 03, 2011 3:18 pm » by Spock

CHOW CHOW: Makes 12 to 13 Jars

GRIND UP AND DRAIN:

- 1 Peck Green Tomatoes (2 Gallons cut up)
- 12 Small Red Bell Peppers
- 12 Small Green Bell Peppers
- 10 Medium Size Onions
- 12 Hot Peppers (with Seeds) - not jalapeno, little thin FUCKING HOT garden peppers

GRIND & GET ALL OF THE JUICE OUT!!!!!!!!!

- 7 Cups of Sugar
- 5 Cups Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon of pickling spices in bag of cheese cloth

- Bring to boil
- Add Tomato Mixture
- Simmer for 35 minutes
- Pinch in Salt to taste

FUNNEL & STRAIN!!!! Into 1 Large Cooking Pot.

Let Cool and put in mason jars - store in pantry, refrig after opening.

Try it on EVERYTHING!

Even reptilians!

Especially good on chupacabras and crackers!

Super Moderator

PostSun Apr 03, 2011 3:44 pm » by Slith

LMFAO. Now thats the way to top a cracker!!!

Beating the shit out of the spammers......one click at a time

Initiate

PostSun Apr 03, 2011 4:42 pm » by Nyarelathodep

A basic grasp of cooking alchemy is really all thats needed to make excellent dishes, imo...the rest is imagination/intuition. Heres one I have been working on over the last few weeks for an easy yet elegant dish in the vein of rustic Italian (Calabrese):

Materials:
Quality pasta of the sort like farfalle, penne, rigatoni (not large variety), 1/2 lb
Fresh broccoli florets cut into thumb size pieces, 1 lb
28 Oz Can of STEWED tomatoes, alternatly you can use sweet grape/cherry or romas...though for
this particular dish, the subtle sweetness of stewed work exceptionaly well.
1 med onion, olive oil, fresh garlic cloves, sea salt, paprika, fennel seeds, peppercorns (WHOLE), agave nectar, fresh basil

Prep work:
Cut tomatoes with a pairing knife into quaters from the can into a bowl, keep remaining juice in can.
Chop onion med fine dice and put aside. Chop about half a bulb of garlic. Boil pasta al-dente ahead of time (saving pasta water makes EXCELLENT stock for soups, btw...especially pasta faglioli and other hearty soups.
Crush your peppercorns and fennel seeds: 1/4 teaspoon peppercorns, 1/2 teaspoon of fennel folded in a paper napkin and whacked a few times with a meat tenderizer/hammer...this releases the essential oils your looking for.

Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a saute pan large enough to hold ALL the ingrediants excepting the pasta, unless you have one big enough to hold the pasta too. Add fennel/peppercorn crushed mixture and let the oil absorb the spice oils for a few minutes on med high, stirring it around. This is the key to any good sauce, as the oil base should always act as the main transport for whatever flavour you are going for in an evenly dispersed fashion throughout the dish. Then add the chopped garlic and onions and reduce heat to medium and let onions cook to tender, then add the broccoli and and cook for a few minutes. Add cut tomatoes next and drizzle about a tablespoon of agave nectar into the pan and sprinkle in about a half teaspoon of paprika and some sea salt...(the agave and paprika provide a reciprocal sweet/spicy relationship to the the dish and should be increased/decreased proportional to each other). Add the juice from the tomatoes and crank the heat up to reduce some water out of the mix for about 3-4 minutes...you want the broccoli to only cook about halfway...THERES NOTHING FUNNY ABOUT OVERCOOKED BROCCOLI. The whole process of actual cooking should only take about 10-12 minutes. Toss with your pasta and sprikle chopped basil over top. Dont ruin it with grated cheese, for gods sake.

Ive got lots of vegan type recipes I have worked on throughout the years as well, if ajnyone wants me to post them. I have a very good vegan burger recipe which is absurdly healthy and very flexible with what flavouring you might want to impart to it.
For challenges to come, we stand against the tide...under the banner of the brave. Mission Aetheria...the future belongs to the brave.

Super Moderator

PostSun Apr 03, 2011 4:55 pm » by Spock

Sounds excellent. I prefer bow-tie pasta personally, I love the consistency.

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 03, 2011 5:25 pm » by Punjedi

Being a fan of Chicken Cordon-Bleu I decided to try it with a little Mexican flare.

Any standard Cordon recipe will do. Make sure you flatten the chicken patties properly, and trim all fat.

Now, just replace the ham, with a slice of chili relleno pepper, replace swiss cheese with a peppered or jalapeño cheese and instead of a bread crumb roll, I found that crushed corn flakes actually have a better consistency.

Also, look up some home-made fajita spice recipes and use that. Very yummy and just enough kick to make it interesting :)
Nihil Sine Fide!

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 03, 2011 6:33 pm » by 99socks

Cook two chicken breast halves, and either cube or pull apart the meat.

Toss half a large yellow onion, half a bunch of cilantro (just leaves), 2 roma tomatoes, 1/4-1/2 c chicken broth in a blender...

Then slice the other half of the onion and fry slowly until golden with ONE bouillon cube. Chop up one can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and add that with the chicken to the cooked onion. Stir for one minute, then add the sofrito.

Serve with sliced avocado and shredded cheese on flour tortillas....
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Next