Amazing BBC wildlife documentary

Master Conspirator

PostMon Feb 01, 2010 12:17 pm » by Drjones

Caught this last night,and yes i really do rarely watch tv,but stuff like this is acceptable to me.
This is one of the best documentaries i've seen in a while outwith mr depopulation david attenborough.Please watch and enjoy the beauty,i will also ask you do you still think there are too many people on the Earth?

The great rift,Africa's wild heart :flop:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00qmf71

Visible from space, Africa's Great Rift Valley runs three thousand miles from the Red Sea to the mouth of the Zambezi. It's a diverse terrain of erupting volcanoes, forest-clad mountains, spectacular valleys, rolling grasslands, huge lakes and mighty rivers, and is home to crocodiles, hippos, lions, elephants, flocks of flamingos and a diversity of indigenous peoples.

Using state-of-the-art high definition filming techniques, this series investigates the geological forces which shaped East Africa's Great Rift and which make it one of the world's most wildlife-rich landscapes.

The Great Rift Valley channels a huge diversity of waterways - rivers, lakes, waterfalls, caustic springs and coral seas - spanning from Egypt to Mozambique. Some lake and ocean deeps harbour previously unseen life-forms, while caustic waters challenge life to the extreme. But where volcanic minerals enrich the Great Rift's waterways, they provide the most spectacular concentrations of birds, mammals and fish in all Africa.

Initiate

PostMon Feb 01, 2010 12:54 pm » by Bigbeader

Too bad it's not available in Canada.

Master Conspirator

PostMon Feb 01, 2010 5:11 pm » by Drjones

bigbeader wrote:Too bad it's not available in Canada.

Indeed.I'll have to watch this again! :flop:

Conspirator

PostFri Feb 05, 2010 10:22 am » by Canubis

when this happens i think there being racist lol
All is 1 but 1 is many, When many become 1 the All will become Greater then 1

www.canubistry.com

Follow me if you want to live, Ill Be Back