Activists enranged by centuries-old Peruvian festival in whi

Conspirator

PostSun Dec 22, 2013 11:01 pm » by Malogg

Activists enranged by centuries-old Peruvian festival in which cats are barbecued and eaten

Activists say at least 100 cats will be eaten at this weekend’s festival of Santa Efigenia in La Quebrada, a town south of Lima.

A Peruvian congressman has now joined the effort try and halt the traditional event which also includes cat racing.

Congressman Juan Urquiza joined activists this year to write the district mayor and Peru’s health minister and demand a ban on cat-eating under a domestic animal protection law.

Activists also claim that dining on felines is a public health danger.

Warning: Graphic content

Upload to Disclose.tv

Health Minister Midori de Habich says the practice should be halted. But she has taken no action.

La Quebrada residents defend their tradition and say the cats sacrificed are specially bred with only a handful killed and eaten.

Every year, Peruvians descended from African slaves travel to La Quebrada to celebrate the black saint Santa Efigenia, who was popular among the then Spanish colony’s African slaves.

Cat races, a fireworks dance and a night of eating and drinking close out the celebration.

http://banoosh.com/blog/2013/10/22/acti ... and-eaten/

:censored:
Oh Kingdom of Scotland - To be FREE again - Beastminsters smarmy and stinks of SH1TE HAFKNHAHA HA FKN HA...Salmonds a bawbag and Darlings a fkn sissy...Oh to be FREE again...

Writer

PostMon Dec 23, 2013 12:16 am » by Drunkxd

While would someone try to stop an centuries old festival where everyone eat cats ? I mean in america they all eat Turkey once a year,in Germany we eat fish/chicken/Pork once a year ( depending where you are ) in Panama they eat ham AND turkey... And none is trying to stop them... Health is a interesting point but if the same people do it every year then it seems that it is not as hazardous as it seems.

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 23, 2013 12:25 am » by Mydogma

Drunkxd wrote:While would someone try to stop an centuries old festival where everyone eat cats ? I mean in america they all eat Turkey once a year,in Germany we eat fish/chicken/Pork once a year ( depending where you are ) in Panama they eat ham AND turkey... And none is trying to stop them... Health is a interesting point but if the same people do it every year then it seems that it is not as hazardous as it seems.

:cheers:
yep add to the fact we have been eating horse carcas in our lasagna for some time...ooohh but dont throw a cat in the mix???omg...these do gooders should focus on real issues...like vacines, economy...starvation in their own nations...but no...they have to go in and stick their noses in festival of someone elses culture and tell them its messed up...i think people like this are messed up.
If you don't wake up, Your the problem, not the thief...www.cattledum.com

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 23, 2013 12:33 am » by Webcat

:shock: :shock:

EAT CATS!!!!!

What utter bastards!

It's like bear baiting or sending children down mines - It should be resigned to history.

I like traditions, but not one like this.

It's too horrible for words.

Stop it now!

:bang;

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 23, 2013 12:52 am » by Evildweeb

OK calm down ppl.

Look at this line from the story......

"...Peruvian religious festival which culminates in the barbecuing and eating of cats..."

[1] I don't remember Jesus feeding the multitudes at the sermon with CATS (unless I didnt get that memo with my bible).

[2] Anyone who actually COOKS their own food (Taco Bell doesnt count) knows you hafta use A1 Steak sauce or some other vinegar concoction to thin out the stringy catmeat (no offence Webby).

[3] I think this year stray cats will outnumber humans 1.21 to 1. I say game on, hunting season is OPEN.

[4] I have it on good authority that the birds are hanging back waiting for #3 to kick into high gear.

:hugging:

Beer acquisition continues up to the point of some form of saturation and is driven on a course directed by the path of least resistance to the fridge

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 23, 2013 1:48 am » by Mydogma

Evildweeb wrote:.

OK calm down ppl.

Look at this line from the story......

"...Peruvian religious festival which culminates in the barbecuing and eating of cats..."

[1] I don't remember Jesus feeding the multitudes at the sermon with CATS (unless I didnt get that memo with my bible).

[2] Anyone who actually COOKS their own food (Taco Bell doesnt count) knows you hafta use A1 Steak sauce or some other vinegar concoction to thin out the stringy catmeat (no offence Webby).

[3] I think this year stray cats will outnumber humans 1.21 to 1. I say game on, hunting season is OPEN.

[4] I have it on good authority that the birds are hanging back waiting for #3 to kick into high gear.

:hugging:

haha...save the birds...eat pussy!
If you don't wake up, Your the problem, not the thief...www.cattledum.com

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 23, 2013 4:42 am » by RATRODROB

Whats "ENRANGED" mean.................?

RRR
The more people i meet, the more i like my dog

Initiate

PostMon Dec 23, 2013 7:07 am » by Flipper

RATRODROB wrote:Whats "ENRANGED" mean.................?

RRR

Enranged is deranged's cousin. Just like wallaby Teds brother Rooted.

:peep:

Initiate

PostTue Dec 24, 2013 12:19 am » by Bandanko

how do they race them? I cant get mine into saddles nor can i find people small enough to count as jockies ;)

its meat end of story, you'd eat your neighbour if you were hungry enough