Adam and Eve (directors cut)

Conspirator

PostSat Jul 17, 2010 8:31 pm » by Emeraldtruth

phaeton wrote:Good stuff emerald. We are both on thesame path it would seem.
I take it Book of Jasher, Jubilee, Enoch etc are also on your list?

[Addition:] any good links in this context per chance? ;)

Sure do. Forgive my n'etiquette. I meant to include it anyway.
This should keep you busy for weeks

http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/apo/index.htm
:flop: :cheers:

Conspirator

PostSat Jul 17, 2010 8:33 pm » by Phaeton

Sad. Those people who cry 'bible thumping christian' everytime someone mentions something related to that religion.

Im no 'christian', no muslim, no jew, nothing. Never was, neither were my parents.
Im just a Dutch citizen with dark blond hair and gray/blue eyes (german lineage) who finds value in certain scriptures.
Thats all.
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music"
"All our science measured against reality, is primitive and childlike - yet, in contemporary consensus, its the most precious thing we have"

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 18, 2010 12:57 am » by Emeraldtruth

To Saint,
Thanks for your support, though unrequired I appreciate it all the same.

Here's another few excerpts from further on in the story, about day 43..

Then the cherub took two figs and brought them to Adam and Eve. But he threw them to them from afar; for they might not come near the cherub by reason of their flesh, that could not come near the fire.
At first, angels trembled at the presence of Adam and were afraid of him. But now Adam trembled before the angels and was afraid of them.

"Of Thy mercy, O God, save me from these plagues and trials, and bring me into another land different from this, if Thou wilt not let me dwell in Thy garden."
"But thou canst not make thy entrance into it at present; but only after thy judgment is past and fulfilled.
"Then will I make thee go up into the kingdom of heaven, thee and thy righteous seed; and I will give thee and them the rest thou askest for at present.
"And if thou saidst, 'Give me of the Water of Life that I may drink and live'--it cannot be this day,

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 18, 2010 1:00 am » by Emeraldtruth

:arrow:
... " but on the day that I shall descend into hell, and break the gates of brass, and bruise in pieces the kingdoms of iron.
"Then will I in mercy save thy soul and the souls of the righteous, to give them rest in My garden.
And that shall be when the end of the world is come.
"And, again, as regards the Water of Life thou seekest, it will not be granted thee this day; but on the day that I shall shed My blood upon thy head in the land of Golgotha.

Initiate

PostSun Jul 18, 2010 1:10 am » by Harryjackson

I'm reading some books that were omitted from the bible at the moment.
I'd like to share here some extracts to see if it is in anyway interesting to others.
Technically the following is categorised in the Apocryphal books or second canon.

Can you give me the title of the book or books and author and dates etc. ?
also where i can buy.

Truth is ONLY TRUTH when its tested...

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 18, 2010 1:24 am » by Emeraldtruth

:flop:
Sure thing Harry, see my link at the top of this page.
The Apocrypha means 'hidden things' in Greek. The Apocryphical books of the Bible fall into two categories: texts which were included in some canonical version of the Bible at some point.

The Lost Books of the Bibleedited by Rutherford H. Platt, Jr.[1926]A collection of NT apocrypha and pseudepigrapha. The Biblical Antiquities of Philotranslated by M. R. James[1917]An alternative pseudepigraphal narrative of the Hebrew Bible from Genesis through 1 Samuel, written in the first century C.E. The Gospel of ThomasReputedly the writings of the apostle 'Doubting Thomas'.This text purports to be a collection of the sayings of Jesus. Traditionally Thomas was Jesus' twin brother. This text shows strong Gnostic influence. The Didacheby Charles H. Hoole[1894]A very early Christian apocryphal text. The Sibylline Oraclestr. by Milton S. Terry[1899].The Sibylline books were oracular Roman scrolls; these are the pseudo-Sibylline Oracles.There many similarit :cheers:

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 18, 2010 1:26 am » by Emeraldtruth

There many similarities to early Christian writings, and they were quoted by the Church Fathers. The Book of EnochTranslated by R.H. Charles[1917]An etext of a critical edition of the Book of Enoch. Enoch introduced such concepts as fallen Angels, the Messiah, the the Resurrection, and others. The Book of Enoch the ProphetTranslated by Richard Laurence[1883]An earlier and very influential 19th century translation of 1 Enoch. The Book of Jubileestr. by R.H. Charles[1917]A text from the 2nd century B.C.E. which covers much of the same ground as Genesis, with some interesting additional details.It may have been an intermediate form of Genesis which was incorporated into later versions. Slavonic Life of Adam and Eve The Books of Adam and EveThis is the translation of the Books of Adam and Eve from the Oxford University Press Apocrypha and Pseudepigrapha. The Book of Jasher Excerpts from the Gospel of MaryThis fragment, of disputed authenticity, puts the relationship between Mary Magdalen, Jesus and the Apostle

Initiate

PostSun Jul 18, 2010 1:53 am » by Harryjackson

emeraldtruth wrote:There many similarities to early Christian writings, and they were quoted by the Church Fathers. The Book of EnochTranslated by R.H. Charles[1917]An etext of a critical edition of the Book of Enoch. Enoch introduced such concepts as fallen Angels, the Messiah, the the Resurrection, and others. The Book of Enoch the ProphetTranslated by Richard Laurence[1883]An earlier and very influential 19th century translation of 1 Enoch. The Book of Jubileestr. by R.H. Charles[1917]A text from the 2nd century B.C.E. which covers much of the same ground as Genesis, with some interesting additional details.It may have been an intermediate form of Genesis which was incorporated into later versions. Slavonic Life of Adam and Eve The Books of Adam and EveThis is the translation of the Books of Adam and Eve from the Oxford University Press Apocrypha and Pseudepigrapha. The Book of Jasher Excerpts from the Gospel of MaryThis fragment, of disputed authenticity, puts the relationship between Mary Magdalen, Jesus and the Apostle

Thanks for posting. I can see your typing tis from what your reading,and that itself is a good thing as most people cut and paste things they have not even read never mind bought. I to have many, but i take EVERYTHING i read with an open mind and NO fear of any lord.

Yer if ye do or if ye dont,so ill just get in with it.

Initiate

PostSun Jul 18, 2010 1:59 am » by Harryjackson

Upload to Disclose.tv

Your never alone. we All have to find our ow way.

God Bless.

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 18, 2010 2:03 am » by Emeraldtruth

Adam had killed himself about 10 times by now..
so regarding Satan..

Again said God unto him, "See, O Adam, how Satan has exalted thee! He has deprived thee of the Godhead, and of an exalted state like unto Me, and has not kept his word to thee; but, after all, is become thy foe. It is he who made this fire in which he meant to burn thee and Eve.
"But no, Adam, he did not do all that out of love to thee; but he wished to make thee come out of light into darkness, and from an exalted state to degradation; from glory to abasement; from joy to sorrow; and from rest to fasting and fainting."
AFTER this Satan called to his hosts, all of which came to him,
He then said unto them, "Ye know that this Adam, whom God created out of the dust, is he who has taken our kingdom. Come, let us gather together and kill him.

:headscratch: :D

Previous