Adam and Eve (directors cut)

Conspirator

PostSat Jul 17, 2010 7:08 pm » by Emeraldtruth

I'm reading some books that were omitted from the bible at the moment.
I'd like to share here some extracts to see if it is in anyway interesting to others.
Technically the following is categorised in the Apocryphal books or second canon.

And when they came to the opening of the gate of the garden, and saw the broad earth spread before them, covered with stones large and small, and with sand, they feared and trembled, and fell on their faces.
Then God had pity on them, and showed them mercy, and sent His Angel to keep the garden.
When Adam looked at his flesh, that was altered, he wept bitterly, he and Eve, over what they had done.
"But now we do not see as we did:
our eyes have become of flesh; they cannot see in like manner as they saw before."
THEN Adam and Eve entered the cave, and stood praying, in their own tongue, unknown to us, but which they knew well.
"I therefore beseech Thee, O God, that, since Thou hast made us come out of the garden, and hast made us be in a strange land,

(tbc)

Conspirator

PostSat Jul 17, 2010 7:11 pm » by Emeraldtruth

:arrow:
Thou wilt not let the beasts hurt us."
Then God commanded the beasts, and the birds, and all that moves upon the earth, to come to Adam and to be familiar with him, and not to trouble him and Eve; nor yet any of the good and righteous among their posterity...
except the serpent, against which God was wroth. It did not come to Adam, with the beasts.
Then God the Lord said unto Adam, "When thou wast under subjection to Me, thou hadst a bright nature within thee, and for that reason couldst thou see things afar off. But after thy transgression thy bright nature was withdrawn from thee; and it was not left to thee to see things afar off, but only near at hand; after the ability of the flesh; for it is brutish."
And Adam and Eve went from before the gate of the garden to the southern side of it, and found there the water that watered the garden, from the root of the Tree of Life, and that parted itself from thence into four rivers over the earth.
(tbc)

Conspirator

PostSat Jul 17, 2010 7:16 pm » by Emeraldtruth

and saw that it was the water that came forth from under the root of the Tree of Life in the garden.

Adam entreated God to let him return into the garden, and look at it a second time.
But God said unto Adam, "I have made thee a promise; when that promise is fulfilled, I will bring thee back into the garden, thee and thy righteous seed."
Yet, of My mercy, I did not turn thee into darkness, but I made thee thy body of flesh, over which I spread this skin, in order that it may bear cold and heat.
"If I had let My wrath fall heavily upon thee, I should have destroyed thee; and had I turned thee into darkness, it would have been as if I killed thee.

That's all for now. I might add some more later.

Conspirator

PostSat Jul 17, 2010 7:27 pm » by Emeraldtruth

:arrow:
I'd like to post once more for the meantime..
Focusing on the serpent race (for you Pindz)

Adam approached the serpent, and held it by the tail; when it turned towards him and said unto him:--
"O Adam, because of thee and of Eve, I am slippery, and go upon my belly." Then by reason of its great strength, it threw down Adam and Eve and pressed upon them, as if it would kill them.
But God sent an angel who threw the serpent away from them, and raised them up.
Then the Word of God came to the serpent, and said unto it, "In the first instance I made thee glib, and made thee to go upon thy belly; but I did not deprive thee of speech.
"Now, however, be thou dumb; and speak no more, thou and thy race; because in the first place, has the ruin of my creatures happened through thee, and now thou wishest to kill them."

Writer

PostSat Jul 17, 2010 7:43 pm » by Trigerhipy

who gives a shit?Why dont you tell us the story about Santa Claus and his great powers too.Religion is the opposite of knowledge and truth,supposed to save the human race?Reality is theres nothing more destructive,than basing life and our idealogy on a big lie.Fuck all you god wads.

Conspirator

PostSat Jul 17, 2010 8:03 pm » by Emeraldtruth

No need to be so hostile pal, I'm not even religious.
But even if I were, your bitterness and hatred doesn't exactly aid your cause or beliefs.
I can be just like you but I try not to be.
I suggest you try to mellow out a bit. Think about it.

I just read an interesting point Adam makes to God, rather a cheeky one.
Thou saidst to me in the garden, 'When thou eatest of it, of death thou shalt die.'
"And if Thou hadst punished me as Thou saidst, with death, I should have died that very moment.
"Moreover, when Thou commandedst me regarding the tree, I was neither to approach nor to cat thereof, Eve was not with me; Thou hadst not Yet created her, neither hadst Thou yet taken her out of my side; nor had she yet heard this order from Thee.

:lol:

Conspirator

PostSat Jul 17, 2010 8:21 pm » by Phaeton

Good stuff emerald. We are both on thesame path it would seem.
I take it Book of Jasher, Jubilee, Enoch etc are also on your list?

[Addition:] any good links in this context per chance? ;)
Last edited by Phaeton on Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music"
"All our science measured against reality, is primitive and childlike - yet, in contemporary consensus, its the most precious thing we have"

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostSat Jul 17, 2010 8:23 pm » by Emeraldtruth

Aye aye Cap'n,
but at warp 1.
:wink:

Conspirator

PostSat Jul 17, 2010 8:25 pm » by Emeraldtruth

I should add I read a lot of Enoch already.

Conspirator

PostSat Jul 17, 2010 8:25 pm » by Thesaint

who gives a shit?Why dont you tell us the story about Santa Claus and his great powers too.Religion is the opposite of knowledge and truth,supposed to save the human race?Reality is theres nothing more destructive,than basing life and our idealogy on a big lie.Fuck all you god wads.

Totally uncalled for, I'm not religious but am interested in what has been left out so that we may see a clearer picture. If anything it represents the Bible as being totally misinterpreted and therefore could break religious dogma. You need to read what emeraldtruth was saying before jumping to conclusions, knobhead (see, it's not very nice is it saying

Fxxx all you god wads.

especially when they ain't even religious.)

Next