afghani fighters

Initiate

PostFri Sep 04, 2009 2:34 pm » by Soldierboy

drjones wrote:
ogmios wrote:Precisely Doc. And isn't it ineresting how, when the Russians were in Afghanistan the resistance were called the mujahadeen and portrayed as righteous and fearless freedom fighters by the media and now they are the evil, women-hating Taliban?

I can't believe how easily the wool is pulled over the eyes of the majority of people.

Yip,forgive my spelling with the previous post.. :oops: It's not often i can see eye to eye with people on here,glad you can see what truly is going on m8.Like i say,to the higher echelons of society it's all a bloody game,and i mean that word literally...a bloody game to them with no emotional attatchment whatsoever to the disastrous consequences to their actions.It seems to be the more death and destruction they can get away with the better.The people serving graciously in the military are being used and need i say abused also...spiritually..

"its all a bloody game"
:badair:
Tennis anyone?
"That Which Does Not Kill Us Makes Us Stronger"

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 04, 2009 3:49 pm » by Drextin

Yikes you guys really need to brush up on your history lessons. Russia invaded afghanistan not to reinstate anything. They invaded in fear that america would gain control of a very dangerous place in russia's defense.

America did not want to help afghanistan at all. It took the doings of one man Charlie Wilson to persuade them that supplying arms to the PEOPLE of afghanistan would help them beat back the russian invaders. We were not helping the taliban. They swept in to help fight the russians then stayed and took over the place when russia left............against the will of the afghan people. Bin Laden did the same. Many many countries were involved in getting the arms to the PEOPLE of afghanistan.

Will america fold like russia? Uh.....no. Russia folded due to many other factors not just the afghan war.

The Taliban destroyed almost every city and village in afghanistan. They brutalized the afghan people for years and we did nothing to stop them. That is where we are at fault. So get it right gentlemen.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 04, 2009 5:45 pm » by Ogmios

Main article: Democratic Republic of Afghanistan
Before the national reconciliation talks in 1987 the official name of the country was the Democratic Republic of Afghanistan (Persian: جمهوری افغانستان). The republic was a self-declared communist state established by the Afghan communist party, People's Democratic Party of Afghanistan (PDPA) by then leader Nur Muhammad Taraki in 1978 in the Saur Revolution. From the start, the republic ran into conflict with the local mujahideen which started what is known as the Afghan civil war. In 1979, the Soviet Union entered the country to help the communist government and did not leave until 1989.

Ok. Maybe reinstate was the wrong word. Prop up is probably a better term. But it was elected and the Mujahadeen were Islamists - Islamists who were backed by America - so I don't think it fair to state that I need a History lesson. An English lesson maybe. So all of the terrible treatment of women the media went on about constantly was actually caused by the West's backing of a fanatical faction within Islam.

http://www.enotalone.com/article/6281.html

For nearly the past quarter century, while most Americans were unaware, Afghanistan has been the playing field for intense covert operations by U.S. and foreign intelligence agencies-invisible wars that sowed the seeds of the September 11 attacks and that provide its context. From the Soviet invasion in 1979 through the summer of 2001, the CIA, KGB, Pakistan's IST, and Saudi Arabia's General Intelligence Department all operated directly and secretly in Afghanistan. They primed Afghan factions with cash and weapons, secretly trained guerrilla forces, funded propaganda, and manipulated politics. In the midst of these struggles bin Laden conceived and then built his global organization.

Bin Laden worked for the CIA. Shout it from the rooftops.

Now you can believe all of the government propaganda which fills our TV screens or you can accept that we (the West) created a monster and the Soviet Union were actually in the right during the conflict.
"God is a concept by which we measure our pain"
John Lennon

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 04, 2009 5:55 pm » by Ogmios

The Taliban destroyed almost every city and village in afghanistan. They brutalized the afghan people for years and we did nothing to stop them. That is where we are at fault. So get it right gentlemen

Have you seen the state of Helmand province since the Brits went in. And what about the carpet bombing by America?

Reporting from Kabul, Afghanistan - NATO airstrikes on a pair of hijacked fuel tankers killed as many as 90 people early today, according to Afghan authorities. Western military officials said they were investigating reports that the dead may have included dozens of civilians.

The incident in the northern province of Kunduz threatened to reverse what Western officials had described as a dramatic drop-off in Afghan civilian casualties caused by coalition troops over the last two months.

U.S. Army Gen. Stanley A. McChrystal, who assumed command of American and other Western forces in Afghanistan in mid-June, had made reducing civilian deaths and injuries accidentally inflicted by coalition troops a centerpiece of his strategy.

The hijacking drama began Thursday night, when suspected Taliban militants commandeered the tanker trucks, which were carrying fuel bound for Western troops. In recent months, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization has been sending supplies into Afghanistan via its northern neighbor Tajikistan after militants repeatedly attacked supply routes from Pakistan.

After the hijacking, the trucks were tracked by aerial surveillance to a spot near the village of Omar Khel, where they became stuck when the hijackers tried to drive them across a riverbed. The airstrikes came soon after dawn, igniting an enormous fireball.

Western military forces said they believed there were no civilians in the area, a crucial precondition for airstrikes under a new tactical directive issued by McChrystal soon after he assumed command.

But Afghan reports, citing local police, said scores of civilians had descended on the stranded trucks and were siphoning fuel from them when the airstrikes occurred.

NATO said the attack killed "a large number" of insurgents. But later in the day, a military spokesman said the possibility of civilian deaths was also being looked into.

Brig. Gen. Eric Tremblay, a spokesman for NATO's International Security Assistance Force, said that the airstrikes were "clearly directed at the insurgents" and that the alliance was "deeply concerned for the suffering that this action may have caused to our Afghan friends."

The pro-Western governor of Kunduz, Mohammad Omar, gave a figure of 90 dead, including a Taliban commander, without specifying whether any of those killed and injured were thought to be civilians.

The Taliban claimed responsibility for the hijacking and blamed Western forces for the deaths. News agencies quoted spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid as saying the trucks were a fair target because they were supplying Western troops.

In Kabul, the capital, the U.N. mission in Afghanistan issued a statement expressing concerns over reports of the possibility of civilian dead and injured.

Most of the foreign forces deployed in Kunduz are Germans, and until recently, it had been one of the quieter corners of the country. The heaviest fighting is concentrated in the south and the east, where the bulk of troops are American and British. Both have been suffering heavy combat losses; the last two months have been the war's most lethal for American and other Western forces.

President Hamid Karzai, who is locked in a tough reelection fight, dispatched investigators to the scene and said targeting civilians "under no circumstances is acceptable." Karzai for months had been highly critical of Western battlefield practices that he said led to far too many civilian deaths. (my emphasis)

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld ... 6919.story

When we do it we do it with style.
"God is a concept by which we measure our pain"
John Lennon

Master Conspirator

PostFri Sep 04, 2009 7:46 pm » by Drjones

drextin wrote:Yikes you guys really need to brush up on your history lessons. Russia invaded afghanistan not to reinstate anything. They invaded in fear that america would gain control of a very dangerous place in russia's defense.

America did not want to help afghanistan at all. It took the doings of one man Charlie Wilson to persuade them that supplying arms to the PEOPLE of afghanistan would help them beat back the russian invaders. We were not helping the taliban. They swept in to help fight the russians then stayed and took over the place when russia left............against the will of the afghan people. Bin Laden did the same. Many many countries were involved in getting the arms to the PEOPLE of afghanistan.

Will america fold like russia? Uh.....no. Russia folded due to many other factors not just the afghan war.

The Taliban destroyed almost every city and village in afghanistan. They brutalized the afghan people for years and we did nothing to stop them. That is where we are at fault. So get it right gentlemen.

m8 we actually know all that,you need to stop presuming you have a more accurate world view than well most people on this site.There you go again posting with certainty,this is the way it is,this is what happened,i mean it's insulting.(Nothing personal).Bin Laden you say-would that be the CIA assest Bin Laden?... :D

Initiate

PostThu Sep 10, 2009 4:40 am » by Dmcrat

boondox681 wrote:the afghani fighters(can i call them military?) defeated the soviet army(79-89)and brought the collapse of the USSR.things are definitely not going well for the U.S. military and more than likely more U.S. troops will be deployed there.the soviets did the same thing and lost nearly a million men.is history repeating itself so soon.i believe,in the back of some of our politicians minds,they're afraid to pull out of Afghanistan,knowing what happened to the russians.the scenarios are eerily similar.apparently,those aghani fighters ain't no joke. just throwing it out there.peace.

Totally Dood
That's the same thing most of America said when we went there. It's one of the best reasons people are calling and emailing their representatives the same reason Van Jones resigned. If the world renown Russian Army couldn't cut it what chance do soldiers with one hand tired behind their back do? Are we there to kill some shit or strategically die? Soldier suicide is up! The Bush regime didn't give America a chance to absorb what had happened before we were again dying at the hands of "the Muslim extremists". And yet, no one mentioned black-water a secret mercenary army accountable to no one beginning to kill innocent Iraqi citizens. At least I wasn't aware of this until I saw it here. Alot of people don't even believe they exist. The afghani fighters are fighting twice as hard, and why did this happen? They are being invaded...
So the government won't listen to the people and get us out of there like 10 years ago
On a side note AJ has more balls than anyone out there. Even if he is a bit of a kook.
If you wanted my opinion, you'd beat it out of me

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 10, 2009 4:52 am » by Realorfake

drextin wrote:Will america fold like russia? Uh.....no. Russia folded due to many other factors not just the afghan war.

Precisely. The Russia Military of the 1980's are starkly different from the American Military of the millenium. Granted Americans are still being lost, its a small percentage to what Russia lost.

Our problem was our abrupt exit in Afghanistan highlighting our disinterest in them. We were there solely out of self interest. We turned our backs and left the country in shambles. This brewed animosity towards the US and its can be considered a good part of why Afghans are out to destroy anything American.
How many times must you honk your horn and say fuck you?
Now what the fuck does that do?
You feel better now, I didnt let you pass.
How bout I stop my car and beat your fuckin' ass?

Master Conspirator

PostThu Sep 10, 2009 5:18 am » by Lowsix

We were intially there to insure the installation of the Pipeline that was to transverse the Khyber pass (BP approached the Taliban with the deal but becuase they did not feel the offer was enough, they walked from the table)..The dream of the Khyber pipeline was the same reason the Russians were there. Their geologists WAY overestimated the size of currently recoverable reserves...Once we went in, we found out they had lied, and so that motivation was no longer as pressing. So now, we will be staying for strategic reasons, and not political ones..

Now however, we are strictly there to provide a ring of instability around china..
and to have bases to insure that they would have to cross afghanistan (or if they crossed iran , we could reach them from two fronts) with us in it, if they wanted into the middle east. We will hold those bases for no other reason than the ability to launch bomber strikes if things get out of hand.. It is a wedge between Iran and Pakistan..
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Initiate

PostThu Sep 10, 2009 5:25 am » by Dmcrat

On the Subject,
It is my strong belief that the real America does not want to police the world. We want nothing to do with behind closed door oil deals and special interests. But in order to stop it we have to think the unthinkable. We have to confront the government, honestly our representatives are avoiding us. We don't want our Army there. Ask your neighbor, Do you want to go to war today, Buddy? He won't take you seriously.
If you wanted my opinion, you'd beat it out of me

Initiate

PostThu Sep 10, 2009 5:30 am » by Adamflownemo

ita about 1 thing and 1 thing only
protect your product

Afghan Heroin

PreviousNext