afghani fighters

Master Conspirator

PostFri Sep 04, 2009 3:55 am » by Boondox681

the afghani fighters(can i call them military?) defeated the soviet army(79-89)and brought the collapse of the USSR.things are definitely not going well for the U.S. military and more than likely more U.S. troops will be deployed there.the soviets did the same thing and lost nearly a million men.is history repeating itself so soon.i believe,in the back of some of our politicians minds,they're afraid to pull out of Afghanistan,knowing what happened to the russians.the scenarios are eerily similar.apparently,those aghani fighters ain't no joke. just throwing it out there.peace.
"Doing stuff is overrated.Like Hitler.He did a lot.But don't we all wish he woulda' just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

Initiate

PostFri Sep 04, 2009 4:03 am » by Songhai

Most of them are teaming with our troups ... problem is ... talibans are terrorist, they can just disappear. In my opinion the best analogy would be Vietnam

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 04, 2009 4:10 am » by Newearthman

Terrorisim is the best bull shit tactic out there...It makes everyone a suspect and a target :nails: :ohno:

Master Conspirator

PostFri Sep 04, 2009 4:28 am » by Boondox681

you're absolutely right.the taliban is the problem.but the vast majority were born and raised in Afghanistan.they have the young boys and young men brainwashed with religion.toxic combination.wish i had some first hand info from that region.i could use the enlightenment.
"Doing stuff is overrated.Like Hitler.He did a lot.But don't we all wish he woulda' just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 04, 2009 10:54 am » by Ogmios

It appears the only way to think about this escapade is in it's proper context. Russia invaded Afghanistan to re-instate a democratically elected government which was overthrown by the very people who are now thought to be enemies of the West but who were supplied by the CIA. So, in a sense, we are reaping what was sown in the nineteen-eighties.

On another level though: how do we even know that the people who are fighting against us now are the Taliban? The poitical class and the media regularly reiterate this line but it seems that this is possibly a popular uprising with little or no ties to the previous regime. And even if it is the Taliban, what good does it do us to be there?

George Orwell was a very astute man and his observations on the nature of war in "Nineteen Eighty-Four" were first class. It is war and the military-industrial complex which is the glue which holds the fabric of modern Western society together. Anyone who read the book will remember how, when the "hero" is being tortured by O'brien he is convinced as to the nature of the war with Eurasia even though he can remember that it wasn't always so. And here we have this situation in Afghanistan where the people who were put into power by the West are now it's mortal enemies.

And here is another point: Just as America sided with the mujahadeen in the 'eighties, what is to stop rival powerful nations from doing the same in this cafuffle?Perhaps Russia still holds a grudge. Maybe China, North Korea, Iran, Pakistan. Who knows?

We are at war with Afghanistan Winston. We have always been at war with Afghanistan........

Who are we at war with Winston?
"God is a concept by which we measure our pain"
John Lennon

Master Conspirator

PostFri Sep 04, 2009 10:57 am » by Drjones

The taliban are now "terrorists" are they,oh were'nt they the friends of the united states back when they arned and trained them to defeat the USSR..it's all a game.Time to stop playing cos it's rigged. :ohno:

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 04, 2009 11:14 am » by Ogmios

Precisely Doc. And isn't it ineresting how, when the Russians were in Afghanistan the resistance were called the mujahadeen and portrayed as righteous and fearless freedom fighters by the media and now they are the evil, women-hating Taliban?

I can't believe how easily the wool is pulled over the eyes of the majority of people.
"God is a concept by which we measure our pain"
John Lennon

Master Conspirator

PostFri Sep 04, 2009 11:22 am » by Drjones

ogmios wrote:Precisely Doc. And isn't it ineresting how, when the Russians were in Afghanistan the resistance were called the mujahadeen and portrayed as righteous and fearless freedom fighters by the media and now they are the evil, women-hating Taliban?

I can't believe how easily the wool is pulled over the eyes of the majority of people.

Yip,forgive my spelling with the previous post.. :oops: It's not often i can see eye to eye with people on here,glad you can see what truly is going on m8.Like i say,to the higher echelons of society it's all a bloody game,and i mean that word literally...a bloody game to them with no emotional attatchment whatsoever to the disastrous consequences to their actions.It seems to be the more death and destruction they can get away with the better.The people serving graciously in the military are being used and need i say abused also...spiritually..

Super Moderator

PostFri Sep 04, 2009 11:23 am » by -Marduk-

________________________________________________________________________________
-= PREDESTINATION: Itz hard to be ze good guy when you turn into a fucking gun =-

Master Conspirator

PostFri Sep 04, 2009 11:24 am » by Drjones

marduk2012 wrote:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Cheers Marduk you truly are a bizarre individual :cheers: :lol:

Next