Akin Says He 'Misspoke' About Rape in Interview

Master Conspirator

PostMon Aug 20, 2012 5:42 am » by *WillEase*

Published on Aug 19, 2012 by AssociatedPress

Missouri Rep. Todd Akin, a conservative Republican running for the U.S. Senate, quickly backed off comments he made Sunday when he told an interviewer that a woman's body "has ways" to prevent pregnancy during rape. (Aug. 19) :o

Upload to Disclose.tv

PEACE, PEACE...BUT THERE IS NO PEACE!

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 20, 2012 6:17 am » by Lucidlemondrop

I saw that on the local news tonight.

Who voted for that dick wad anyway?

Miss spoke my arse. He spoke what he meant to say and got caught up.
What a long strange trip it's been..............

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 20, 2012 12:32 pm » by Noentry

Republican congressman says 'legitimate rape' does not cause pregnancy.

A Republican congressman has sparked fury by claiming that victims of "legitimate rape" rarely get pregnant.

Representative Todd Akin, a Missouri congressman who is also his party's nominee for the US Senate, said that "from what I understand from doctors" women's bodies naturally reject pregnancies that result from rape.
The six-term representative made the comments as he argued that abortion should be illegal even in cases of rape or incest.
"First of all, from what I understand from doctors, [pregnancy from rape] is really rare," Mr Akin told a local television channel. "If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.

"But let's assume that maybe that didn't work or something. You know I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the rapist and not attacking the child."
Mr Akin's comments may damages his chances of defeating the incumbent Democrat senator Claire McCaskill, who is a vulnerable target for Republicans in November's elections.
Mrs McCaskill seized on the remarks, tweeting: "As a woman & former prosecutor who handled 100s of rape cases, I'm stunned by Rep Akin's comments about victims this AM."
In the face of a widespread backlash on the internet, Mr Akin hastily released a statement claiming that he had "misspoke".
"In reviewing my off-the-cuff remarks, it's clear that I misspoke in this interview and it does not reflect the deep empathy I hold for the thousands of women who are raped and abused every year," he said.
Democrats have repeatedly attacked Republicans this year on women's issues, claiming that Mitt Romney and his congressional allies are waging a "war on women" by seeking to curb abortion rights.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... nancy.html

:shock:

I wonder if this is true.
And is this a good enough reason not to have abortions?

For me most definitely. NO
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Master Conspirator

PostMon Aug 20, 2012 12:52 pm » by *WillEase*

Super Moderator

PostMon Aug 20, 2012 12:55 pm » by TheDuck

Perhaps he'd been smoking crack that day lol
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 20, 2012 12:57 pm » by Noentry

Sorry will :bang;

Merge please
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Master Conspirator

PostMon Aug 20, 2012 11:07 pm » by *WillEase*

Rep. Todd Akin Apologizes but Won't Abandon Race

Published on Aug 20, 2012 by AssociatedPress

Missouri Rep. Todd Akin apologized Monday for his televised comments that women's bodies are able to prevent pregnancies in "a legitimate rape" situation, but he refused to heed calls to abandon his bid for the Senate. (Aug. 20)

Upload to Disclose.tv

Super Moderator

PostTue Aug 21, 2012 12:19 am » by -Marduk-

willease666 wrote:Rep. Todd Akin Apologizes but Won't Abandon Race
Missouri Rep. Todd Akin apologized Monday for his televised comments that women's bodies are able to prevent pregnancies in "a legitimate rape" situation, but he refused to heed calls to abandon his bid for the Senate. (Aug. 20)

A "legitimate rape" situation?????

WTF does that supposed to mean?

Are there unreasonable rape situations too in the US?

lol?
________________________________________________________________________________
-= PREDESTINATION: Itz hard to be ze good guy when you turn into a fucking gun =-

Conspirator

PostTue Aug 21, 2012 12:28 am » by 99socks

He's only sorry that he got caught by the backlash.

I wish more politicians wouldn't be afraid to speak their minds. It would help us to really understand their views and who we are voting for.
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014

I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Conspirator

PostTue Aug 21, 2012 4:20 am » by Lucidlemondrop

"In reviewing my off-the-cuff remarks, it's clear that I misspoke in this interview and it does not reflect the deep empathy I hold for the thousands of women who are raped and abused every year," he said.
Democrats have repeatedly attacked Republicans this year on women's issues, claiming that Mitt Romney and his congressional allies are waging a "war on women" by seeking to curb abortion rights.

Thousands?

Dude needs to do some homework.
What a long strange trip it's been..............

Next