Alan Watt - Never Watch The Television

Master Conspirator

PostSun Jul 17, 2011 1:07 am » by Cornbread714

I haven't really watched TV in years. I'm not totally against watching it, and every now and then I do - like when I'm bored in a hotel room, or something.

My current apartment is furnished and has cable and a TV in the living room and the bedroom. I thought I might get back into the habit, but honestly, since May 1st, when I moved in, I've maybe watched a total of 10 hours - and there are several English-speaking channels,

It just bores me, and yes, I think if you watch more than a couple of hours per day, or even less than that, you are probably getting somewhat brainwashed...

Why would I watch TV when I have books and a computer?
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 17, 2011 1:21 am » by Endless16

You wouldn't believe the amount of shit I've got from the BBC since I dropped my TV license... good post... TV is bullshit. :peep:
"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."

Initiate

PostSun Jul 17, 2011 2:23 am » by I2haveseen

drjones wrote:I think being conscious and being able to distinguish from what is more real and important than what is not is critical. Alot of people cannot do this and this is what i call mind control, tv is the most powerful tool for this. We now have high definition tv and 3dtv which i am confident will screw up people's eyesight and thus their perception of the real world outside which is more important. I mean HD tv, WTF ?
Go outside dammit !! I will be completely 100% free of tv this year and it's something i will not miss.
:wink:

Hey Doc, just trying2bring myself up2speed on this (Mine feild of data out there) so please don't jump me, but I'm wondering if you've got any links on the subject? I remember hearing something about the tv's frequecy affecting our brains in an adverse way, But can't dfind the articles.

And for the record:
I watch about 2hrs of telly a day and am totaly zombified while watching. lol My wife aggree's.
Hey trolls.... If you want to rip me a new one, You better have a sharp set of nails.
▲Not an invitation peeps..... It's a warning.

Initiate

PostSun Jul 17, 2011 3:37 am » by I2haveseen

This has probally been posted b4, But it highlights our vunerabillity.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hGmnKOg ... r_embedded
Hey trolls.... If you want to rip me a new one, You better have a sharp set of nails.

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 17, 2011 3:44 am » by Endless16

i2haveseen wrote:This has probally been posted b4, But it highlights our vunerabillity.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hGmnKOg ... r_embedded

Upload to Disclose.tv

Blocked by Channel 4 in the UK. (But nevermind can see what it is by the title. lol)

Derren Brown is a crazy genius, scares the hell out of me.

Master Conspirator

PostSun Jul 17, 2011 2:22 pm » by Drjones

i2haveseen wrote:
drjones wrote:I think being conscious and being able to distinguish from what is more real and important than what is not is critical. Alot of people cannot do this and this is what i call mind control, tv is the most powerful tool for this. We now have high definition tv and 3dtv which i am confident will screw up people's eyesight and thus their perception of the real world outside which is more important. I mean HD tv, WTF ?
Go outside dammit !! I will be completely 100% free of tv this year and it's something i will not miss.

Hey Doc, just trying2bring myself up2speed on this (Mine feild of data out there) so please don't jump me, but I'm wondering if you've got any links on the subject? I remember hearing something about the tv's frequecy affecting our brains in an adverse way, But can't dfind the articles.

And for the record:
I watch about 2hrs of telly a day and am totaly zombified while watching. lol My wife aggree's.

Yes mate. Something to do with the flicker rate. And perhaps more disturbing is the recent revelation that internet search engines now apparently rewire people's memory. :shock:

Search engines 'rewire our memory'
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/g ... emory.html :rtft:
A study from Columbia University suggests that the ability to find almost any information via a few keystrokes on Google could make us less likely to remember things

Initiate

PostTue Jul 19, 2011 3:20 am » by I2haveseen

lol Thanx Doc (really dug myself a hole with this 'give me that facts' thing I strated).

Never even heard of that (rewiring by seach eng). Will take a look when I can thanx again.

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 19, 2011 11:58 am » by Endless16

drjones wrote:
i2haveseen wrote:

And for the record:

Yes mate. Something to do with the flicker rate. And perhaps more disturbing is the recent revelation that internet search engines now apparently rewire people's memory. :shock:

Search engines 'rewire our memory'
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/g ... emory.html :rtft:
A study from Columbia University suggests that the ability to find almost any information via a few keystrokes on Google could make us less likely to remember things

Never knew about this, thanks, looking into it now... :rtft:

The flicker rate of a television ( I don't know if this applies to HD) is 30 images per second, the human brain can only process 10 images per second, therefore 2/3rds of all imagery from the TV is sub-conscious, proof of this can be find with the banning of subliminal advertising, since they found using this method was enough of an effect to "increase sales". :?

Initiate

PostFri Dec 14, 2012 10:02 am » by Woven

I would not recommend complete polarisation. A good video and thanks for sharing.

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 14, 2012 11:08 am » by mediasorcery

I2haveseen wrote:
mediasorcerer wrote:why do i have to identify you? im not curious,

your facade is falling away,believe it or not,i am not your enemy,but you feel slighted by my responses,

ok sorry if ive offended you,however,i find it very disturbing the trend the earth is heading towards,and i will always speak up when i can to challenge the mainstream views,and the programming thats going along with it,because we have to fight tooth and nail to hold onto our freedoms and our sovereignty,
{and no,i have not watched television for over 3 years now btw]

it may manifest as "climate change" or "police at railway stations" or new taxes,or whatever,but its all the same thing,

i cant stand by

as its stolen from us and our kids future,and rightly so.

Alright look. I'm not offended (it's all part of getting to the facts), and I don't have enemies (that I know of). I2 would change my approach to you if I could go back (You probaly notetist this thread has strayed and lost cred by turning into a sligging match), and re-do. Let's see if we can rise above.

Let me make myself clear though. I don't WANT a carbon tax. But I am prerared to pay.
And on my identity, you suggested I might be 'on the agenda'. My rebut was clear, if you look me up, you can see for youself that I'm not.
'i cant stand by'....Fair nuff. Nothing wrong with being passinate about your beliefs. In fact I appaud that. There are somethins i know to be true. But unless I could back my statements, I would never make public statements (am quite prepared to give my opinion) on such issues. Still my belief stands strong without supporting evidace (as your stance he is) on such topics. So, I see where your line in the sand is (and can relate), but (and no offence ment here) Your opinion is just that. Just like mine.

well said, respect- :flop: im telling the truth, i dont watch it, i have possibly about 5 times this year, once an australian program called "jack irish" and i watched a show called breaking bad, probably amounts to about 15-20 hrs worth in the last 12 mnths, and thats gods truth, its not because i know its a brain washing tool, its mainly because it bores me shitless and id rather be on the net learning about things like electronics, science, history, mythology, etc etc, anyway, thanks for the gracious response,

i tried to be the bigger man and back down, as i hardly think i know everything, if anything, and always open to others views/opinions even if bit stubborn or passionate at times,kind regs frm me.

[and id rather bring folks together than create divisions, theres enuf trouble in the world already] :cheers:
the story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye, until we meet again my friend.

PreviousNext