Alcohol 'more harmful than heroin'

Initiate

PostTue Nov 02, 2010 3:27 pm » by Boobytrap

Alcohol 'more harmful than heroin'

this is false.

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 02, 2010 4:13 pm » by Daemonfoe

I'd like to see what statistics these idiots used to make this chart.

Sure if you count crap like, "I can't get a job because of all these fucking drug test", sure pot is harmful to you and others, but take away drug testing for jobs, or just take pot off the drug testing list, then BAM no harm to anyone.

In all reality pot probably prevents harm. People are less likely to get into fights if they smoke pot.

If by harm you consider your job and the amount of income you make, then you need to re-evaluate your definition of harm.
The two choices we have are something starting from nothing, or something existing infinitely. These are both paradoxes. The existence of everything is therefore a paradox. -daemonfoe

Initiate

PostTue Nov 02, 2010 5:07 pm » by Kalinsaast

I don't think that this poll is as black and white as they make it out to be. On one hand i would agree that alcohol is more dangerous than heroin, but then on the other heroin is a bloody killer. People end up on drugs either because they are lacking something in there lives and yearn for something to fill the hole, or, they start experimenting and eventually it becomes a habit. I'm speaking from experience "drug addict 16 years" I began using drugs in this order alcohol, amphetamine, cannabis, cocaine, ecstasy, crack, then heroin right at the end. Heroin was a complete surprise to me. I had been smoking it for 6 months, was able to get up in the morning and felt great even when i didn't have any. But but after the first week into my 6th month...BOOM. I was sick ass a pig. Eventually that lead me to start injecting which intern led to a massive 4 year habit. I died twice and was brought back. "Had a strange out of body experience the second time." Finally now i am clean and am on the substitute medication Suboxone, which is totally amazing an allowed me to rebuild my life. You got to understand that i wasn't your stereotypical junkie lol. If i didn't have any cash, i'd go and look for scrap metal to cash in or i'd simply have to go without and be ill. I never robbed anyone. It was a different story for my former best friend who began his heroin journey same time as me. After we became junkies he became a polar opposite of me. He would rob people, beat people up to get their phones and cash, break into houses and stores etc. He would do anything for that fix. He also had a massive alcohol intake as well. He went from my best friend to a complete stranger. I eventually moved far away and cut everyone off. Got me a nice new house and fought for 6 months to get parental responsibility for both my children, and now they come and stay every weekend and its great. My friend ended up in and out of jail his life is a complete mess. Sorry for the long story lol.

My point is that any drug, whether it be heroin or alcohol is gonna be detrimental to ones health in the long run. However, it all depends on the person taking it, their personality, and how much will power that person has.

In Switzerland they have heroin clinics where addicts can go twice a day to receive a dose of diamorphine for their habits. It radically reduced heroin related crime over there on the streets. It allowed a number of addicts the opportunity to get back to work and hold down a job. The clinics are for people where treatment has failed i.e methadone/rehab etc.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7755674.stm

I know there are currently 3 of these clinics operating here in the UK. I know these kinds of clinics would be frowned upon by most in society, but the government cost per person per year is around £10000 - £15000 in comparison to the £40000 - £50000 per person cost of being kept in jail.
As it stands you have people abusing the system i.e using their substitute medication i.e methadone, and are still using street heroin on top. I think these types of clinics would really help. Especially since the use of heroin here in UK has risen in the last few years. It's easier for me to get a bag of gear than to get a £20 bag of weed here at the moment. I just wish my old best friend had ended up in one of those clinics instead of jail.

Peace :cheers:

"People spend all their lives worrying that something will happen to them. Eventually they end up in their final days of life. When suddenly they realize they've spent so much time worrying. They infact never lived at all". -Myself

Initiate

PostTue Nov 02, 2010 5:23 pm » by Viewer

Yes again more confusion over drugs, methedrone for a start so low down yet from field tests if you like information coming from son who is in that world, many report bad experiences ,also ketamine so low down, but the feed back im getting about this drug is alarming to say the least,many have had serious bladder problems resulting in operations at the hospital, is this information they dont have for there survey? makes you wonder. One of the definitions of insanity is to keep trying something knowing you will get the same results>Our drug policy...

Initiate

PostTue Nov 02, 2010 6:24 pm » by Kalinsaast

viewer wrote:Yes again more confusion over drugs, methedrone for a start so low down yet from field tests if you like information coming from son who is in that world, many report bad experiences ,also ketamine so low down, but the feed back im getting about this drug is alarming to say the least,many have had serious bladder problems resulting in operations at the hospital, is this information they dont have for there survey? makes you wonder. One of the definitions of insanity is to keep trying something knowing you will get the same results>Our drug policy...

Oh yeah i totally agree with you on that one viewer. Ketamine is a bloody horse tranquilizer for god's sake. There was a girl on the Jeremy Kyle show a year or so ago who was addicted to Ketamine. She had a twin sister who didn't take drugs at all. Man you should have seen the difference. The one who took Ketamine, Sammy, started noticing health issues popping up, and these certainly didn't go unnoticed in her loving family. At the age of 20, Sammy started to develop Cystitis which is a severe irritation to the bladder. Her medical examiner confirmed that her bladder had shrunk to the size of a 50 pence piece, and was at the same capability as that of a 90 year old lady. Sammy had no choice but to wear special medical incontinence pants. She developed small tumors and clots of blood which she passed in fecal matter and urine – to excruciating pain. She experienced blinding headaches (as though the blood pumping through her was full of broken glass) and she becomes so weak that she can only stand for a short period of time before feeling a potential collapse coming on. Her muscles are wasting away.

Absolutely terrible..... :help:

"People spend all their lives worrying that something will happen to them. Eventually they end up in their final days of life. When suddenly they realize they've spent so much time worrying. They infact never lived at all". -Myself

Conspirator

PostWed Nov 03, 2010 2:15 pm » by Thruster

kalinsaast wrote:I don't think that this poll is as black and white as they make it out to be. On one hand i would agree that alcohol is more dangerous than heroin, but then on the other heroin is a bloody killer. People end up on drugs either because they are lacking something in there lives and yearn for something to fill the hole, or, they start experimenting and eventually it becomes a habit. I'm speaking from experience "drug addict 16 years" I began using drugs in this order alcohol, amphetamine, cannabis, cocaine, ecstasy, crack, then heroin right at the end. Heroin was a complete surprise to me. I had been smoking it for 6 months, was able to get up in the morning and felt great even when i didn't have any. But but after the first week into my 6th month...BOOM. I was sick ass a pig. Eventually that lead me to start injecting which intern led to a massive 4 year habit. I died twice and was brought back. "Had a strange out of body experience the second time." Finally now i am clean and am on the substitute medication Suboxone, which is totally amazing an allowed me to rebuild my life. You got to understand that i wasn't your stereotypical junkie lol. If i didn't have any cash, i'd go and look for scrap metal to cash in or i'd simply have to go without and be ill. I never robbed anyone. It was a different story for my former best friend who began his heroin journey same time as me. After we became junkies he became a polar opposite of me. He would rob people, beat people up to get their phones and cash, break into houses and stores etc. He would do anything for that fix. He also had a massive alcohol intake as well. He went from my best friend to a complete stranger. I eventually moved far away and cut everyone off. Got me a nice new house and fought for 6 months to get parental responsibility for both my children, and now they come and stay every weekend and its great. My friend ended up in and out of jail his life is a complete mess. Sorry for the long story lol.

My point is that any drug, whether it be heroin or alcohol is gonna be detrimental to ones health in the long run. However, it all depends on the person taking it, their personality, and how much will power that person has.

In Switzerland they have heroin clinics where addicts can go twice a day to receive a dose of diamorphine for their habits. It radically reduced heroin related crime over there on the streets. It allowed a number of addicts the opportunity to get back to work and hold down a job. The clinics are for people where treatment has failed i.e methadone/rehab etc.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7755674.stm

I know there are currently 3 of these clinics operating here in the UK. I know these kinds of clinics would be frowned upon by most in society, but the government cost per person per year is around £10000 - £15000 in comparison to the £40000 - £50000 per person cost of being kept in jail.
As it stands you have people abusing the system i.e using their substitute medication i.e methadone, and are still using street heroin on top. I think these types of clinics would really help. Especially since the use of heroin here in UK has risen in the last few years. It's easier for me to get a bag of gear than to get a £20 bag of weed here at the moment. I just wish my old best friend had ended up in one of those clinics instead of jail.

Peace :cheers:

Great info in this post! Thank you for sharing. :flop:

Previous