Aliens: Whither thou goest?

Initiate

PostFri Sep 09, 2011 5:16 pm » by Zarinspeaks

Hi Malkere!
You and I are not that far apart in essential understandings. I am a Mysterian and believe in a personal spiritual path to "God" devoid of entrenched established dogma. My essential purpose is to throw out queries or ideas about all things and see what developes. Keeping things interesting. Expand consciousness. Open doors. Cause some people to think. And to engender thought experiments.
I have no intention or desire to overthrow anyone's personal or cherished belief systems. I learned long ago that belief is reality and also learned that strong belief strengthens reality, but only to a point. Also that it is very difficult to overturn such beliefs anyway. Trauma, social/political disruption and chaos do this so much more effectively. My principal quest throughout life has been to find the "reality" around the Great Mystery. A subject of vast and potentially infinite possibilities. Reality, however, may not be the true substance of the Great Mystery...only belief.

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 09, 2011 5:16 pm » by Giusdude

the57ironman wrote:Image

loooooool, you are a fucking ALPHA, bro.
the way you use smileys makes zarin/zarina hard/wet....
wait, gonna try it too.
as long as there's one idiot around wlling to believe bullshit, there will be a bullshitter

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 09, 2011 5:22 pm » by Giusdude

yo zarin, is this alpha enough for you?

:vomit:

or is this more appropiate for your "knowledge"?

:badair:

yes, i know, i'm :bang;
but i can't help :love: you, sir/ma'am.
i :rtft: what you write and i become :obsessed: with your mind...
as long as there's one idiot around wlling to believe bullshit, there will be a bullshitter

Initiate

PostFri Sep 09, 2011 5:28 pm » by Zarinspeaks

Some wag mentions "properly applied science" and then offers none. Vapid. Too Vapid. But then the same wag gets really turned on by the idea of another Alpha male nearby. Very very Greek.
Christ was he drunk last night and now he can't understand why his tattoo points to what hurts and is bleeding. Very very Greek.

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 09, 2011 5:35 pm » by Giusdude

zarinspeaks wrote:Some wag mentions "properly applied science" and then offers none. Vapid. Too Vapid. But then the same wag gets really turned on by the idea of another Alpha male nearby. Very very Greek.
Christ was he drunk last night and now he can't understand why his tattoo points to what hurts and is bleeding. Very very Greek.

see, you can do better indeed!
that made me smile, good one!
just remember that i'm ITALIAN, not greek.

as far as science is concerned, i would like to point out that you and proper research have nothing to do with each other.
science says we have 5 continents and an everchanging landmass that might emerge or sink into the oceans.
you say "i see atlantis when i close my eyes and i hear people's conversations"
science has facts.
you have a game to play on the web. yesterday was alien races history, today is atlantis.
yesterday was an avatar, today is another.
i see you.

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 09, 2011 5:59 pm » by Poooooot

Rather than have a petty argument over nothing, this thread needs to get back on track. There were some interesting points made.

zarinspeaks wrote:I am a great lover of science fiction and extra-terrestrial/alien concepts. I have no doubt that there is a plethora of life in our Galaxy and that a good percentage of this may even be intelligent. And as there are millions of star systems much older than ours, the probability is also high, that some of these intelligent life forms are far more advanced than we are.
The main problem I have is why Earth? If they had wanted to colonize this beautiful, rare, wet, and fecund planet, it would already have been done. If they wanted our natural resources, then there wouldn't now be any here. Certain people say they came for gold. Duh! They missed some pretty large deposits in California, Peru , South Africa and India. Not to mention other obvious deposits around the world. Ones that weren't that difficult to find or extract, either.

Earth is an incredibly diverse planet, in regards to life (both intelligent and non). Obviously I don't know this for certain, but it seems to me that it is probably more diverse than other inhabited planets. If you believe Stitchen's Annunaki story, and they DID come here to mine for gold, maybe they only took what they needed rather than deplete our planet.

According to Bob Dean, Earth Humans are a genetic mix of quite a few ET races (+ our bi-pedal, African, ancient ancestors). I have assumed that the Annunaki story is only PART of our history.

zarinspeaks wrote:Another problem I have, is this idea that humans are too stupid to have built all these marvelous structures around the world. What an insult to humanity and our genius. Not to mention the pain and struggle so many people had to go through to accomplish what they did, including the many civilizations and their great accomplishments that have been lost to history.

I don't think it's a question of human intelligence or ingenious. I think the argument is that most of these monolithic structures were built when we supposedly only had simple tools. Before we even had the wheel. It's not to say that humans are too DUMB to create such structures. It's the question of HOW. And the theory that we had outside help makes the most sense. Especially when you consider the stone walls, where the stones are fused together. Or where the blocks seem to have been heated to a point of causing them to be pliable, only to cool in formation.

zarinspeaks wrote:Now there is the theory that they came to breed with us. That is a horny teenage boy's and lonely (over forty) female fantasy. I mean get with it people. If these creatures are that advanced they would be able to manipulate DNA and their own or anyone else's genetics and more or less create any living thing they desire.

Maybe they desired to create us? Maybe we are some sort of science experience? Maybe they stumbled upon this beautiful planet 100,000 years ago, saw these creatures that looked like a cross between them (human-like) and animal, and decided to create us. Who knows? Certainly not I.

zarinspeaks wrote:After all, they really didn't start showing up, in any volume, until we exploded that A bomb and started poking around in real outer space.

I disagree. I think they've been here all along. But that's just me.
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Initiate

PostFri Sep 09, 2011 6:27 pm » by Zarinspeaks

Dear poooooot.
We simply do not know how Earth compares to other planets in either diversity or potential. That is a vain assumption. Just like the Europeans assumed their culture was superior to those of the Native Americans. What is ironic is the Europeans would have taken much longer to gain any entrenchment on North America (possibly never, if the natives had joined together to drive these invaders out. Something which actually happened to Viking colonists 400 years before) if those benevolent savages hadn't saved them with generous donations of food and corn growing technology. Plus if the Native American teaching of tobacco growing to them and tobacco hadn't been so popular with the Europeans, there would have been little economic reason for coming here in such numbers. Yes, there was a two way street involved and some benefits were accrued to the Natives as well. But ask any of them which they would prefer? Their freedom or our technology.
The idea that they only took what was needed is very naive. Just as the Native Americans were naive in their belief the whites would always get harmoniously along with them. Only until the whites had enough numbers to force their greed upon the Natives. A lesson all peoples everywhere should have learned by now. Tragically, not yet so.
And what species has the arrogance to extract anything from any planet that is not theirs to begin with? One occupied by other life forms? Such arrogance is a clear expression of power and does not end with only what is needed. Remember the Spaniards came looking for gold, also.And they took what they needed as well. Every single bit of gold they could get their greedy hands on. Whatever the alien need for gold was, it would not have been satiated by a small amount. They did not come here for any natural resource that we know of. Elsewise there would be none left.
Also there is the beautiful belief that we are some form of genetic experiment. For altruistic purposes. Yeah, just like we breed hogs, sheep and cattle for altruistic purposes. At best, this theory only holds up under economic scrutiny. So we may just be a food crop planted 20,000 years ago and not economically viable until we reach a certain number. How about 6-7 billion? We might make rather tasty burgers.
If we are an experiment, then those so-called aliens do not understand one of the fundamental scientific principles of experiments. There always has to be a control to see the differences in how effects occur. Plus any experiment has to have a premise. I guess the aliens just wanted to see what happens. Play a joke on Earth. Nature does a far better job through evolution.

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 09, 2011 6:56 pm » by Poooooot

Maybe it is "vain" to think that Earth's beauty is a rarity. Image

But isn't it "vain" to think that extraterrestrials are barbarians like we are? A species that is technologically evolved enough to travel inter-planetary, inter-stellar, possibly inter-gallactic surely has spiritually evolved enough to treat other, "young" species with a relative kindness? We don't know that to be sure, but to totally close the book on that possibility shows a close-mindedness that isn't advantageous to expanding our knowledge of life beyond our own.

And regarding the so-called gold mining:
And what species has the arrogance to extract anything from any planet that is not theirs to begin with? One occupied by other life forms? Such arrogance is a clear expression of power and does not end with only what is needed. Remember the Spaniards came looking for gold also.And they took what they needed as well. Every single bit of gold they could get their greedy hands on.

If we are going with the Annunaki story, they came here for our gold and THEN "created" us to mine it for them. So the gold did not belong to any species that was going to use it at the time. And clearly the beings that came to Earth for gold did not take every bit they could get their hands on, as the Spaniards did.

While I respect your thoughts on this, it seems to me that you keep comparing their motives to what ours (as barbarian humans) would be if we were in their situation when it is convenient for your point, while stating the opposite when that is convenient. I don't claim to know everything (hell, I don't know ANYTHING for certain), but I do think it's important to keep your mind open to all options. Just because something is out of realm of understanding, that does not mean it is an impossibility.
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Initiate

PostFri Sep 09, 2011 7:04 pm » by Zarinspeaks

You now that the Italians and the Greeks use to rent a house on an island off Greece one year and then switch to an Italian island the next year. What's the difference. Greeks? Romans? A tight mangina was a tight mangina, whether you were Greek or Roman. Or anyone else for that matter. And this practice did not end with the Roman Catholic takeover of Greek and Roman territories. Catholic priests not withstanding. There does seem to be an extensive proclivity of this nature among upper class British. And watch out for those Aussies. Terrific sex, husky and always horny.

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 09, 2011 7:07 pm » by Poooooot

zarinspeaks wrote:You now that the Italians and the Greeks use to rent a house on an island off Greece one year and then switch to an Italian island the next year. What's the difference. Greeks? Romans? A tight mangina was a tight mangina, whether you were Greek or Roman. Or anyone else for that matter. And this practice did not end with the Roman Catholic takeover of Greek and Roman territories. Catholic priests not withstanding. There does seem to be an extensive proclivity of this nature among upper class British. And watch out for those Aussies. Terrific sex, husky and always horny.

Whaaa??? :shock: :? :headscratch:
Matthew 7

PreviousNext