Aliens: Whither thou goest?

Initiate

PostTue Sep 06, 2011 11:25 pm » by Zarinspeaks

I am a great lover of science fiction and extra-terrestrial/alien concepts. I have no doubt that there is a plethora of life in our Galaxy and that a good percentage of this may even be intelligent. And as there are millions of star systems much older than ours, the probability is also high, that some of these intelligent life forms are far more advanced than we are.
The main problem I have is why Earth? If they had wanted to colonize this beautiful, rare, wet, and fecund planet, it would already have been done. If they wanted our natural resources, then there wouldn't now be any here. Certain people say they came for gold. Duh! They missed some pretty large deposits in California, Peru , South Africa and India. Not to mention other obvious deposits around the world. Ones that weren't that difficult to find or extract, either.
So we know they didn't come to settle and they didn't come to mine either.
Another problem I have, is this idea that humans are too stupid to have built all these marvelous structures around the world. What an insult to humanity and our genius. Not to mention the pain and struggle so many people had to go through to accomplish what they did, including the many civilizations and their great accomplishments that have been lost to history.
Now there is the theory that they came to breed with us. That is a horny teenage boy's and lonely (over forty) female fantasy. I mean get with it people. If these creatures are that advanced they would be able to manipulate DNA and their own or anyone else's genetics and more or less create any living thing they desire.
So why are they here?
They are most likely checking out the new boy on the block. After all, they really didn't start showing up, in any volume, until we exploded that A bomb and started poking around in real outer space. They are just waiting to see if we survive our technological infancy and understand what it takes to move on to faster-than-light technology. Then they will either greet us as members of a Galactic Congress, blast us back to the stone age, which would be very easy to do with a wayward (or so it would seem) asteroid, comet or brown dwarf. Or they might decide to invade and clean up this mess. There is one other possibility. We may just be a herd of potentially tasty beefsteaks, who would eagerly and willingly board their so-called ships to be taken back to their version of MacDonalds

Initiate

PostWed Sep 07, 2011 6:02 am » by Tgwusauk

I would suggest you watch The Annunaki Clay tablets videos on Youtube, it will give you a broader insight into what you are questioning and seeking.
Also The Key Of Soloman on youtube.

Conspirator

PostWed Sep 07, 2011 6:34 am » by Cosmine

ET's i know call this beautiful planet the garbage bin full of rats. :nwo:
:sunny:
:cheers:

Initiate

PostWed Sep 07, 2011 6:58 am » by Zarinspeaks

I personally do not suscribe to the idea that Aliens are responsible for the Annunaki legends nor the Bible references, either. Nor any other flying gods references around the world.
Any human civilization with the technology of flight would have been seen as Gods or as Sky People. Just as Americans are now referred to by the natives of New Zealand as the "sky people" after we landed some supply planes there during World War 2. These people are still awaiting the return of our "giant birds" over 70 years later.So much technology and knowledge has been lost or purposely destroyed over the milennia, that if we had access to this information we might have colonized the solar system long ago. Do not dismiss out of hand, what humanity was and is capable of. This is gross disservice to our species and all that those fellow humans, that struggled, suffered and died before us. And helped get us to where we are now.

Initiate

PostWed Sep 07, 2011 8:58 am » by Malkere

this is a huge generalization, but there are two basic categories of aliens, the good guys, and the bad guys. There are very few, though not non-existant, civilizations that reach a high level of intelligence without gaining an understand of energy and vibration and God and what not. Which is a very dangerous topic to bring up because the word God is horrendously misperceived and generally just leads to argument, so remember this is not a religious discussion, a simple mentioning of God and Life.

The good guys, abide by the unwritten laws of the universe, the main of which is, life shall flourish. I can`t conceive of any reason why the Earth would be readied and populated other than this simple truth that life is awesome and why not make more of it.

BUT, there are a lot of obvious references of various races visiting the planet as you mention, which generates a whole different set of questions, but I would assume the most of them were just tourists. When you can manipulate matter and travel the stars, it`s gotta be a kick to visit a medieval society and give em some cookies and let em touch your iPad for fifteen minutes. In general they`re not supposed to intervene though otherwise they`d pass down some encyclopedias and what not and let us have a ball. That`s destructive to the native culture though and frowned upon as you can imagine. As for the bad guys, they`re weak and only operate through mind control and manipulation, though they`ve always been present and are still. When we shine bright enough they simply won`t be able to stand near us, and until then it`s really not such a big deal; we passed the tipping point towards the light a long time ago.
To realize that you do not understand is a virtue;
Not to realize that you do not understand is a defect. -Lao Tzu

Initiate

PostWed Sep 07, 2011 9:33 am » by Middleman

zarinspeaks wrote:Just as Americans are now referred to by the natives of New Zealand as the "sky people" after we landed some supply planes there during World War 2.

The Maori are a sophisticated people who were never conquered by Europeans, but reached a treaty instead. During WW1 and 2, many of them pulled on a uniform and fought in Europe, the Middle East, Africa or the Pacific.

There are no records of cargo cults in New Zealand, as far as I can tell.

They''re much more likely to call you an arsehole than a sky person, especially if you confuse them for the poor slobs in New Guinea who did go in for such shenanigans.

Sorry for making a song and dance about what probably seems like a small error, but I couldn't let it go, having socialized with, worked next to, and played rugby against these proud people for a lot of my life.

Initiate

PostWed Sep 07, 2011 7:04 pm » by Zarinspeaks

Sorry, you are right . My bad. Wrong place, right idea. It was in New Guinea not New Zealand. New Zealand is the land of the Maori. Of whom I have great affection. New Zealand is south of Australia. New Guinea is north of it. And the peoples of New Guinea are defintely NOT the Maori.

Initiate

PostWed Sep 07, 2011 9:42 pm » by Zarinspeaks

Actually, there are two types of humans. The good guys and the bad guys. We only project ourselves upon these "aliens." For all we know, they may have no emotions or spirituality at all. Intelligence does not guarantee either of these things. The Nazi's produced some of the most brilliant achievements of World War 2, but the Nazis can hardly be considered to have emotions or spirituality. Although, in fairness, there may have been a few who tried. Damn few!
We have scientists exploring the most ghastly ways of creating death, Death in massive numbers.
A species of insects, cephaloids or reptiles might have evolved to achieve high levels of technology. Technology and spirituality do not go hand in hand. Our so-called elevated spiritual awareness did not prevent the destruction of over 85,000 people in one second at Hiroshima. Plus, an argument can be presented that they "deserved" what they received. After all these same people weren't concerned about the 2600 innocent people they murdered at Pearl Harbor in an undeclared attack on sleeping men. So this concept of spirituality has limitations as well.

Initiate

PostThu Sep 08, 2011 12:45 pm » by Malkere

I`m interjecting my personal opinion here, but that seems like a very narrow scope your looking through zarinspeaks. You make it sound as if there is only one kind or race of alien life, when the universe is full of it, though I was only speaking about our galaxy. From what little we know, the huge majority of them are human-like in shape and bear the same sets of emotions and spirituality that is available in our galaxy, regardless of what petty acts mankind is capable of sinking beneath. I would argue the Nazi`s were just as emotional and compassionate as half the soldiers of the world today. Some of them carried out horrendous acts, but they had a purpose and were trying to stick to it. Many American soldiers, Libyan soldiers, ad infinitum, kill for the same reasons, if at least (thank God) on a much smaller scale.
"Intelligence in the hands of madness."

I believe that when an individual reaches a point of moral intelligence (as intelligence can be categorized into math, geology, ethics, etc.) they rise -above- the ability to kill and commit acts of violence. I consider violence to be the lowest form of intelligence, visible in, as you point, the atomic explosions of Hiroshima and Nagasaki; the war could have ended with many less dead and without decades of poisoned Earth if the bombs had been demonstrated somewhere much less populated. And some war scholars will scoff at that and say it was the only way, but a show of force doesn`t actually require vaporized metropolis to be a "show" of force. Revenge is also one of these petty acts of low intelligence and is absolutely -never- justifiable in my world view. Regardless of the entire war including Pearl Harbor or anything past or present, atomic weaponry in populated areas is completely uncalled for.
There are very few, though not non-existant, civilizations that reach a high level of intelligence without gaining an understand of energy and vibration and God and what not.
It`s certainly not impossible to be technologically advanced without gaining an wide understanding of the dimensions and the galaxy we all exist in, but it`s one of those blocks that tends to get flipped over when a certain level of advancement is achieved. The mere fact that negativity attracts negativity is easy proof that it pays to be "good". Sadly we as of yet lack the proper technology to measure such things in way clear enough to stop people from questioning otherwise.
To realize that you do not understand is a virtue;
Not to realize that you do not understand is a defect. -Lao Tzu

Initiate

PostThu Sep 08, 2011 4:22 pm » by Zarinspeaks

First of all, my comments are intended to expand the thinking that currently infects the entrenched concepts surrounding the possibilities of what alien life might actually be like. To be honest, I personally have never met an alien ( but have been treated like one on a few occasions). I doubt if large numbers of other people have had this priviledge (or curse) as well.
I don't subscribe to the popular belief that alien life will necessarily be bi-pedal, spiritual, altruistic or benevolent. The most probable direction any life would take would be that of adaption to whatever environmental conditions it has to evolve through. And that would most likely follow Darwin's "survival of the fittest" principal. A principal very adequately demonstrated within these forums. Eventually this life might reach the point where it could self-evolve. A point we are about to reach, if we can survive this technological infancy. The real problem will be what form of mindset will drive this self-evolution? And to what purpose? One cannot assume spirituality will drive the momentum of this effort either. To do so would be incredibly naive.
One has to define what spirituality actually is before one can ascribe this to alien intelligence.
Spirituality, religion, philosophy, subjects of intense passion and vitriol. With Ego, the principal core agenda.
And this is not intended to undermine your sense of spirituality, just give a new perspective on why it exists in the first place. What may turn out to be a very informative and dynamic area of conversation could be germinated by such a discussion. Do you not agree?

Next