Am I alone? My thoughts on religion.

Initiate

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 5:18 am » by Gwar822

Jesus,God who are they?

Is god someone who is just one being? He can rule everything and everything? God controls earth? He is the answer?

I dont believe in that, Alien is god, Alien is jesus.

There cant be one person lucky enough to be god, and who created god?

Writer

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 7:25 am » by Ftt0024

As long as there is religon on this planet the human race will always be divided. There will always be fighting, wars, and death. People need to stop viewing the bible as factual history and see it for it's true meaning. In my opinion most of the human race has been mislead on our true origins, either by design or by ignorance.
Follow the Truth -- Open your eyes, do your research, and start to prepare

Writer

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 7:27 am » by Ftt0024

Follow the Truth -- Open your eyes, do your research, and start to prepare

Initiate

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 7:40 am » by Sentientseed

As long as there is religon on this planet the human race will always be divided.

As long as there are humans with free there will always be differences from one to the next. Everyone will never choose the exact same mode of living imho....religion or not.

Do not scientist argue and grumble over stupid things? They can no more agree on all angles than the various forms of religion.

Upload to Disclose.tv

"There is more than just one answer to these questions pointing me in a crooked line. The less I seek my source for some definite...the closer I am to fine!"~Indigo girls

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 7:41 am » by Roadkill

Religion is the fast food of spirituality.

If I am going to be deluded, I will follow my own delusions, not someone else's.
Science will fly you into the Cosmos

Upload to Disclose.tv

Religion will fly you into Buildings

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 3:06 pm » by Rydher

Lot's of stuff to respond to here. Thanks all :)

Something I did want to quickly respond to though:
who created god?

I often destroyed many brain cells on this as well as how far does space go. If it ends, what's after it? I think those questions are just something I can't comprehend and possibly understand in this life. If there is no end and no beginning, including the existence of God. then it must be circular, is the best thing I can come up with. What that means. Heck if I know. I chalk it up to something I will better understand when this life is over.

Super Moderator

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 4:07 pm » by Spock

Good thread so far, with many good posts.

No Ryder, I don't think you're off the mark. I don't necessarily believe everything the same as you do, however, I don't know for sure, and it the long run, it doesn't matter.

Sock and TruthSeeker made some really good comments too. I like what TruthSeeker said about keeping it simple by asking yourself, "What Would Jesus Do?". That's a good measure to go through life with, however, not the simplest route. So that is the reason of Jesus' mission in the first place. Because we all fail miserably, time and time again.

To think that your own path is the only path, is very narcissistic. It says, "I am right, because I feel right in this", it has no foundation outside of the synoptic impulses that make the individual feel justified in their actions. In this respect, the individual judges everyone else as under them from their own personal stance (at that moment in time). People change with age and maturity, and typically people, that believe they are on a journey, use their perceived level of enlightenment as a ruler against everyone else. Admitting they were wrong, say, years ago, but have transcended that phase - however, would have vilified their current position from their stance years ago. This is the dichotomy of being your own personal savior - no foundation whatsoever.

Sock hit it right with the Holy Spirit. This is what the Bible means when it says the law of God is written on every man's heart, and that the only unpardonable sin is the sin against the Holy Spirit.

Being a Christian does not mean seeing oneself as perfect, to the contrary, it shines a light on seeing the imperfections in oneself.

Writer

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 4:36 pm » by Denpadre

my theory is that what people consider to be god is more like the force from star wars. it surrounds us and is us, and all living things on earth and beyond. i like thinking in more logical terms...when a person/living organism dies his life energy joins the mass. and when one is born the mass gives a little (might explain reincarnation and young children remembering things from a past life)
this energy might of been explained by aliens to our ancestors. but to make it easier for them to understand they prob. explained it as god. and the aliens angels... like i said just my theory but even hell fits in there if you think about ghosts/spirits. mostly its said a person gets stuck if something bad happened or a suicide. maybe because it happened to soon and they can't accept their death. wouldn't that qualify as a hell. and the purpose of this force might be plain and simple evolution. when living thing learn things during its lifespan it takes information back to the mass when it dies and the mass itselve might be considerd evolved. and in turn recalibrate things to let living things evolve further. i'm not trying to debunk religion but this even fits with all religions. a few refer to it almost spot on like star wars but most i believe are misenterpretations from the old days.

Super Moderator

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 5:12 pm » by Spock

denpadre wrote:my theory is that what people consider to be god is more like the force from star wars. it surrounds us and is us, and all living things on earth and beyond. i like thinking in more logical terms...when a person/living organism dies his life energy joins the mass. and when one is born the mass gives a little (might explain reincarnation and young children remembering things from a past life)

Very nice.

What's funny is, it's typically the religion bashers that tend to paint the picture of God as some old man in a bed coat and slippers, in a rocking chair, in orbit (the "Sky Jew" they love to mockingly call it - but that is their own creation). I'm not acquainted with any religious people that think that way.

God permeates, transcends. When the Bible says He made us in his image, it is not talking about 10 fingers and 10 toes, but the spirit.

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 5:40 pm » by Rydher

It's funny you mention "What would Jesus do?" I try and conduct my life and actions as if Jesus was standing right beside me. Would I still do what I was doing if Jesus was right there. Usually the answer is no and I stop or change my behavior. OK, maybe not usually but it's been more often than not! :)

PreviousNext