Am I alone? My thoughts on religion.

Super Moderator

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 5:43 pm » by Spock

I'm embarrassed. I reread my first post and I said that "I didn't think you were on the mark". I just edited that - I meant to say I thought your WERE on the mark.

My bad.

Writer

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 6:00 pm » by Lemsip

hey pestcontrol i was once like you .until i got out of the rat race. And quoting a boyzone
song is
so wrong. I hope god can forgive you.

Initiate

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 6:06 pm » by Georgedragon

rydher wrote:This site brings all kinds and I haven't come across anyone that thinks like I do. Is there anyone else? My spiritual journey has been a long one to this point and it's not over. I'd like to hear what others think and maybe offer their own views. You never know what someone will say that will cause me to rethink things. That being said, please don't just spout out irrational slams toward religion. There are plenty of threads for that.

Here is what I believe.

1. I consider myself a Christian.
2. I believe Jesus was the son of God, died for man's sins, and rose again.
3. Saturday is the Sabbath.
4. There is a hell, but it's not the eternity of fire.

Questions for me? Disagree with something I said? Think something different? I'd like to hear it. :cheers:

Friend, i'm glad that you don't consider your spiritual journey to be over, because you are lost, you have chosen the wrong path to enlightenment, the church do not want you to know, because knowledge is power, not beliefs!

If only all christians would realise what GOD is instead of blindly worshipping something they believe exist but have never seen any proof of the world would be a beautiful place to live in, but as long as people blindly follow liars in dresses speaking about something they can't show, the world will stay in the middle ages and people will be persecuted by the church via the state forever, just as it has been going on for a couple of thousand years.

Please wake up my friend!

1. You are not a Christian, You are a Homo Sapiens.
2. Don't believe, know that all men are sons of God, and women the daughters, actually no life would exist on this planet without God.
3. Saturday is just a day like any other, consider all days your own, no one owns your time.
4. There is only the hell you make for yourself because of ignorance.

If you want to find truth and especially God, ask yourself this question: What is the most lifegiving that exists in our Solarsystem?, seek and you shal find.
Be the change you want to see.

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 6:17 pm » by Rydher

No worries spock. I knew what you meant.

@georgedragon: I consider myself a Christian but that doesn't define me. If that makes sense. I know God is in my life and the day I finally opened myself up to him fully without any doubts. He has blessed me in ways that can't be coincidence after coincidence. I am curious to hear what it is you believe though.

Please don't take this the wrong way but I found that it's easy to speak in general terms and nice catch phrases. To articulate what you specifically think is more difficult.

Super Moderator

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 6:30 pm » by Spock

rydher wrote:I consider myself a Christian but that doesn't define me. If that makes sense. I know God is in my life and the day I finally opened myself up to him fully without any doubts. He has blessed me in ways that can't be coincidence after coincidence.

:flop:

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

Initiate

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 7:02 pm » by Georgedragon

rydher wrote:No worries spock. I knew what you meant.

@georgedragon: I consider myself a Christian but that doesn't define me. If that makes sense. I know God is in my life and the day I finally opened myself up to him fully without any doubts. He has blessed me in ways that can't be coincidence after coincidence. I am curious to hear what it is you believe though.

Please don't take this the wrong way but I found that it's easy to speak in general terms and nice catch phrases. To articulate what you specifically think is more difficult.

I'm sorry that you consider yourseld a Concept, this means you are lost, and yes, it does define you.

Blind faith is dangerous, Christain's have slaughtered more than 600 Million people the last thousand years all over the world, just for being and thinking different!

You don't know God, if you did you could point "him" out.
Consider this: if you told your friends that you had a beautiful hot girlfriend and you could't show, how many guys would believe you?

And by the way, i don't believe anything.

Oh, and life is nothing but coincedences, if you are not in control of your own life, someone else is, and it's not God.

Super Moderator

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 7:12 pm » by Spock

georgedragon wrote:

Oh, and life is nothing but coincedences, if you are not in control of your own life, someone else is, and it's not God.

To be on a journey, you have missed the path.

How can you proclaim that people, that witness God work in their life, can't see God? Because you haven't? Yet you have "truth" figured out?

Doesn't make sense to me. I've been on your road. It's isolated and scary. I enjoy the knowledge that there is a God that knows us personally. Whether you wish to believe that or not is up to you. I wish to. He has never let me down. Maybe you should give it a shot - reach outside of yourself for the answers, or maybe for guidance, or maybe just to say, I don't understand - help me. See what happens. But until you try that course, understand that people that have, aren't going to take your stance as anything but another wandering ego spouting its own version of truth.

There is a reason people believe in God. And it is not blind faith or fear. It is because God has made itself real to them, for asking.

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 7:17 pm » by Rydher

There is a reason people believe in God. And it is not blind faith or fear. It is because God has made itself real to them, for asking.

:flop:

Initiate

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 7:39 pm » by Georgedragon

spock wrote:
georgedragon wrote:

To be on a journey, you have missed the path.

How can you proclaim that people, that witness God work in their life, can't see God? Because you haven't? Yet you have "truth" figured out?

Doesn't make sense to me. I've been on your road. It's isolated and scary. I enjoy the knowledge that there is a God that knows us personally. Whether you wish to believe that or not is up to you. I wish to. He has never let me down. Maybe you should give it a shot - reach outside of yourself for the answers, or maybe for guidance, or maybe just to say, I don't understand - help me. See what happens. But until you try that course, understand that people that have, aren't going to take your stance as anything but another wandering ego spouting its own version of truth.

I'm not on a Journey, rydher is.

And Blind Faith in anything is dangerous.

And you haven't got a clue either i'm sorry to say, you see, i see God every day, exept when it's cloudy.

You can't point "him" out, i can point God out, you see, i know that God is not a "He" simply because i Know God, your concept of God is a Concept made up by the church to decieve you, God is not a Concept, God is very real alive and kicking, or maybe i should say flaring.

You are lost guys, and because you feel that you belong to a select group that have found God, you now believe that you got the right to impose your concept of God on everybody else, as proven by history, The greatest mass murderer ever is the church.

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 7:44 pm » by Rydher

Ahhh, I see it now. You are a sun worshiper?

PreviousNext