Am I alone? My thoughts on religion.

Initiate
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:33 pm

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 8:30 pm » by Georgedragon


rydher wrote:Ahhh, I see it now. You are a sun worshiper?


Because of your beliefs you are wrong again, i do not worship, Christian's Worship.

"Worship is an act of religious devotion usually directed to one or more deities."

A deity is a Concept, when i look at the sun i know that i see the root of all life in this solar system, i feel the heat from the Sun, i know that all life is absolutely dependent on the main star in our solar system, i do not need false God's and men to claim they are the vicars of God in he's absence, liars and decievers who's only purpose in life is to feed on others ignorance.

All relions are false concepts made up by man to decieve other men.

Knowledge is power, there can be only One!
Be the change you want to see.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 7683
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:14 am

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 8:37 pm » by 99socks


georgedragon wrote:
"Worship is an act of religious devotion usually directed to one or more deities."

A deity is a Concept, ......

Knowledge is power, there can be only One!



So, by your own words, you worship what you believe is "knowledge" aka science, because you believe that will bring you power?
Image

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 4007
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:03 pm

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 8:43 pm » by Rydher


Very interesting! I have never personally ran into anyone that looked at the sun in that way. I find the very concept flawed from every angle I can think of but hey. Who am I to judge? Good luck with that. :cheers:

Writer
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:30 pm

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 8:44 pm » by Denpadre


if you have to believe in something, believe in yourself. all the rest just is whatever it is.
live your life for yourself and the rest will reveal itself when you have lived it.

the oceans are deep... but i am deeper. ^^ (and to make it rhyme)
you should not hate anything... unless its justin bieber! :banana:

Initiate
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:33 pm

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 8:46 pm » by Georgedragon


rydher wrote:Very interesting! I have never personally ran into anyone that looked at the sun in that way. I find the very concept flawed from every angle I can think of but hey. Who am I to judge? Good luck with that. :cheers:


You find it flawed out of ignorance of science, and without any good argument.
Be the change you want to see.

Initiate
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:33 pm

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 9:01 pm » by Georgedragon


So, by your own words, you worship what you believe is "knowledge" aka science, because you believe that will bring you power?


The above quote are actually your words, you are rewriting and then claiming it to be "by your own words", you are wrong.
Be the change you want to see.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 3320
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:56 am

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 9:06 pm » by kentrb


@george
i hear ya dude

Image
peace

Initiate
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:33 pm

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 10:46 pm » by Georgedragon


fossileyesed wrote:@george
i hear ya dude

Image
peace


Very cool youtubechannel, beautiful vids man, i like it!

Thank you my friend, peace and love!

This is for you, and everybody else alive, i'm sure you'll enjoy it' as much as i do.

[youtube]4Zx27dP1mTg&NR=1[/youtube]
Be the change you want to see.

Writer
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:19 am

PostMon Apr 18, 2011 2:56 am » by Ftt0024


georgedragon wrote:
rydher wrote:This site brings all kinds and I haven't come across anyone that thinks like I do. Is there anyone else? My spiritual journey has been a long one to this point and it's not over. I'd like to hear what others think and maybe offer their own views. You never know what someone will say that will cause me to rethink things. That being said, please don't just spout out irrational slams toward religion. There are plenty of threads for that.

Here is what I believe.

1. I consider myself a Christian.
2. I believe Jesus was the son of God, died for man's sins, and rose again.
3. Saturday is the Sabbath.
4. There is a hell, but it's not the eternity of fire.


Questions for me? Disagree with something I said? Think something different? I'd like to hear it. :cheers:



Friend, i'm glad that you don't consider your spiritual journey to be over, because you are lost, you have chosen the wrong path to enlightenment, the church do not want you to know, because knowledge is power, not beliefs!

If only all christians would realise what GOD is instead of blindly worshipping something they believe exist but have never seen any proof of the world would be a beautiful place to live in, but as long as people blindly follow liars in dresses speaking about something they can't show, the world will stay in the middle ages and people will be persecuted by the church via the state forever, just as it has been going on for a couple of thousand years.

Please wake up my friend!

1. You are not a Christian, You are a Homo Sapiens.
2. Don't believe, know that all men are sons of God, and women the daughters, actually no life would exist on this planet without God.
3. Saturday is just a day like any other, consider all days your own, no one owns your time.
4. There is only the hell you make for yourself because of ignorance.


If you want to find truth and especially God, ask yourself this question: What is the most lifegiving that exists in our Solarsystem?, seek and you shal find.


This is very well said.

On who created God? When speaking in terms of religion, that is a wall that no one has ever gotten over, nor will they ever get over. The answer does not exist because the story of the bible is not real history, it is a STORY. Written by man, and Religion is a man made concept and the bible tells of stories that were already told thousands of years before it. Religion was first created to control people, now it is used to control people and to make money.

Trying to put together all the pieces of the puzzle to see what life really is and where we really come from is difficult because we do not have all the pieces. Some have yet to be discovered, and some are being kept hidden from us. There is so much out there that we don't know. We have to go off the best evidence available and what's logical. To find out where we came from you should start at the beginning. And no the beginning is not when the bible was written or when God supposedly created adam and eve. Believe it or not folks but this planet is very old and we were not riding dinosaurs 6000 years ago. To find the truth you have to start at the beginning, and the first known documented civilization on this planet were the Sumerian's. They were the very first to create a written language. They invented time, the calender, farming, schooling, law, pretty much everything that we use today. They worshiped living gods (yes thats plural), in fact that is where the word God comes from. They referred to the skies as the heavens, and that is where the word heaven comes from.

Everyone creates their own reality, and most people don't want to know the truth. I'm not saying there isn't a divine creator out there, call him God or whatever. I believe that there is one, but it is nothing like what you think and believe in now. If you are religious and believe in the Bible you need to start over, free your mind, and think logically. Here are some simple logical thoughts and questions you can ask your self about God and the Bible.

God creates the universe with billions of galaxies, and then creates our galaxy. The Earth itself billions of years old. Why create SO much and not put life on it? There is so much life out there, and there are ET's visiting here from other star systems. That has been disclosed over and over throughout the years and is a fact! We are not alone in the universe, or in our own solar system. So how do you explain that? Why doesn't the bible talk about these beings? One of the biggest reasons Governments haven't disclosed the fact that we are not alone and that ET's do exist is that it will collapse religion once pandoras box is opened, and there are a lot of powerful interest that do not want that to happen. Why doesn't the bible talk about the ancient structures on the moon and Mars? Why are there so many stories in the bible that were already told about many years before it?

Back to the God creation timeline. God first creates animals and dinosaurs and lets them roam the Earth for millions of years but then kills them off. After a couple ice ages and a COUPLE HUNDRED MILLION years later, he finally creates man in his image? Doesn't make sense, and it's not logical, at all.

Wake up people. Do your research. IF you want some answers then study the Sumerian culture. I say IF, because many of you don't want to know or will refuse any information if it conflicts with your paradigm and believes.
Follow the Truth -- Open your eyes, do your research, and start to prepare

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1306
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:44 pm
Location: United Kingdom

PostMon Apr 18, 2011 3:46 am » by Helios


rydher wrote:This site brings all kinds and I haven't come across anyone that thinks like I do. Is there anyone else? My spiritual journey has been a long one to this point and it's not over. I'd like to hear what others think and maybe offer their own views. You never know what someone will say that will cause me to rethink things. That being said, please don't just spout out irrational slams toward religion. There are plenty of threads for that.

Here is what I believe.

1. I consider myself a Christian.
2. I believe Jesus was the son of God, died for man's sins, and rose again.
3. Saturday is the Sabbath.
4. There is a hell, but it's not the eternity of fire.

Of course there is more but it's a good start for this post. Now for some questions.

1. What about other religions? Do they miss out on eternal life with God? What if someone has never heard about Christianity and worships something else. Would God turn his back on them?
- A. I struggled with this one. It may sound contradictory to Christian teachings but I think no. If you look at religions around the world you can see at the core, all they basically ask you to do is be a good person. I know that's an over simplification of things.

2. What if they have been introduced to Christianity and turn their back to it, continuing to worship as they have been taught? Will God then turn his back on them?
- A. I believe religion is a very personal thing. While I am a Christian, I would like to think God can mean different things to different people. I find it hard to place God into this Christianity box and not let him out. God is everything, created all. I don't think how you interpret God is important. It's how you live your life and what you do with it.

3. What is hell? Is it the eternal pain and suffering most think of?
- A. No. I think the eternal lake of fire is reserved for Gods true enemies at the end. I think hell is the total absence of God. I compare it to taking the person you most love in this world and having them act as if you don't exist. How painful would it be if that person ignored your calls, never reached out to you, never mentioned you in conversation and if you ran into them, they weren't rude to you. They truly went about their business as if you weren't didn't. Now imagine God doing that to you. That would be hell.

4. Organized religion. What of it?
- A. This may seem contradictory to the organization of Christianity, but I'm not naive and understand the need to place things in some type of order. But I think organized religion has great intentions, but man being man will always corrupt it. Religion seems to be such a complicated subject but I don't think it is. It's actually very simple.


Questions for me? Disagree with something I said? Think something different? I'd like to hear it. :cheers:


I think that was really good and I agree with everything you said, I think things are very simple and I think there is a saviour from whatever it is that is coming and I think the religious books and teachings are all good in meaning, but over-complicated by man and words...I think 'be good' is as simple as that.

I think people are lost.....so many things abuzz, there is a foul air, and I want to find them who watch so they will take me away...
Let me take the waves out of the ocean
Let me take the stars down from the sky
Let me take the faith from your foundation
Let me take the wrong to make it right
Let me take away the dark like I’ve been here all night
Ending before I begin


PreviousNext

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook