Am I alone? My thoughts on religion.

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 1:43 am » by Rydher

This site brings all kinds and I haven't come across anyone that thinks like I do. Is there anyone else? My spiritual journey has been a long one to this point and it's not over. I'd like to hear what others think and maybe offer their own views. You never know what someone will say that will cause me to rethink things. That being said, please don't just spout out irrational slams toward religion. There are plenty of threads for that.

Here is what I believe.

1. I consider myself a Christian.
2. I believe Jesus was the son of God, died for man's sins, and rose again.
3. Saturday is the Sabbath.
4. There is a hell, but it's not the eternity of fire.

Of course there is more but it's a good start for this post. Now for some questions.

1. What about other religions? Do they miss out on eternal life with God? What if someone has never heard about Christianity and worships something else. Would God turn his back on them?
- A. I struggled with this one. It may sound contradictory to Christian teachings but I think no. If you look at religions around the world you can see at the core, all they basically ask you to do is be a good person. I know that's an over simplification of things.

2. What if they have been introduced to Christianity and turn their back to it, continuing to worship as they have been taught? Will God then turn his back on them?
- A. I believe religion is a very personal thing. While I am a Christian, I would like to think God can mean different things to different people. I find it hard to place God into this Christianity box and not let him out. God is everything, created all. I don't think how you interpret God is important. It's how you live your life and what you do with it.

3. What is hell? Is it the eternal pain and suffering most think of?
- A. No. I think the eternal lake of fire is reserved for Gods true enemies at the end. I think hell is the total absence of God. I compare it to taking the person you most love in this world and having them act as if you don't exist. How painful would it be if that person ignored your calls, never reached out to you, never mentioned you in conversation and if you ran into them, they weren't rude to you. They truly went about their business as if you weren't didn't. Now imagine God doing that to you. That would be hell.

4. Organized religion. What of it?
- A. This may seem contradictory to the organization of Christianity, but I'm not naive and understand the need to place things in some type of order. But I think organized religion has great intentions, but man being man will always corrupt it. Religion seems to be such a complicated subject but I don't think it is. It's actually very simple.

Questions for me? Disagree with something I said? Think something different? I'd like to hear it. :cheers:

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 3:29 am » by 99socks

1. You can get by without "knowing" God or Jesus... but not the Holy Spirit. And I find it fitting that native cultures around the world understand and KNOW the workings of this spirit, whether they call it Prana, or Chi, or the Great Spirit, or some other name for Life Force. Not every culture agrees on exactly WHAT it is, but they all know it's there.

2. The package we call Christianity, I do not believe is pure though I do believe there is still enough there to be self-sufficient within itself, with a great amount of what is both good and bad about it is duplicated elsewhere. So what precisely you mean by "turning your back" is open to wide interpretation.... Where does "looking for more understanding" fit in? If someone left Christianity and followed some Eastern philosophy/religion and learned, say, Reiki, is that antagonistic towards Christianity when Christian scriptures themselves describe Jesus healing with his hands, and that there is a lot of evidence that he spent a good portion of his adult life learning healing arts similar to that?

3. Hell is separation from God, and spending a lifetime fighting His will.

4. Religion and spirituality are different things. It's unfortunate that some of the best seeds for spirituality get pruned and turned into religion, because religion itself cannot sustain itself; it always needs Man. The Spirit does not need Man in order to thrive.
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Initiate

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 3:38 am » by X-mog

You're running on blind faith. I had a near death experience in which an angel convinced me not to commit murder. Since then I've been well behaved. You should keep the faith.

Initiate

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 3:50 am » by X-mog

Don't romanticize faith. Think of christianity in simple terms. Think "what woud Jesus do?" It's a system to get people acting nice and considerately. Common courtesy and whatnot.

Initiate

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 4:00 am » by Pavmas

Jesus was real that I have no doubt about, but this god that churches preach of seems to be a warring god a control freak and he and his organisations are responsible for more death suffering and destruction that the rest of mankind put together.

Jesus and the god he spoke to is not the god the chuches worship that im sure of, I dont believe Jesus has met the real god i dont believe that we meet god when we die, i believe we have a long journey and many world to go through before then and we might never ever meet god.

Initiate

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 4:14 am » by X-mog

The good news is there are both people in the physical world who can answer your questions, as well as in the non physical world.

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 4:20 am » by Phoenix rising

they say one who has faith in religion has no faith of their own so they choose to have faith in something else, as long as someone says my god is better than urs then we will always have wars, now if u only beleive in your god but dont beleive in other gods of different religions who is to say that that ur god is real and their god isent, there is much talk that jesus was a fallen angel 'a Paladian' I sugest u do some reserch on this because this is probaly the truth, i implore u to cast this virus of what i call religion and go down a more spiritual path.
We live a one directional life in an omnidirectional existence

Initiate

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 4:31 am » by X-mog

Whoah....relax. I'm sure all gods exist and there all chillin' buds.

Initiate

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 4:41 am » by Pestcontrol

I wrote this ages ago in a debate with some hostile people and no i was not on drugs and for me to write something like that in a few minutes without even thinking about it freaks me out, i just googled ( no matter ) because of the context in the third paragrah and it came up with these lyrics included at the end.... i guess that is what you call synchronisity

The difference between a good hearted Human being that has doubt and a scoffer is that they still have the ability to think about things and will always keep a small portion of there thought process open to any possibility and they will read what i have to say without making direct attack against me because they will use the information they have at hand through there life experience and maybe even notice that three score and ten been the average life expectancy of a mere mortal is less than nothing in the grand scheme of things or the universe.

One man or woman can really make a diffenece in the workings of our small world by simply thinking and then from there hearts and not there self inflated ego use there simple logic to reason, The scoffer is a blind man are you one?, who always has the answer at hand, The sure tell or give away is to question them on say politics or the habits of there fellow Humans from outside the sphere of there self created little world of insult from ego, i could write a book called the scoffers one hundred popular parrot like sayings, it is a good scoffers duty to pass these dark pearls of wisdom on to his children and on to his friends.

I honestly do not know why i persist or feel the need to keep writing what to most people would seem like the ramblings of a mad man, but the answer to that is already written above, We have five senses some claim six, Our creator has a un fathomable number of senses and one thing i know for sure is that logic is not one of them, if i were to apply simple logic to the linear flowing progression of our lives from birth to death and then add up the sum total of books read, and lessons learned through our travel along the road of life well then the straight line of reason says that no matter what we know or think we know it will die with us.

Our Father in heaven and i hope he will forgive me for explaining thus: A giant self aware super computer praise be to the binary code and glory to the non linear subroutine, I will say to all mobile information gatherers beware the anti logic of Chaos that virus of corruption in the code, you will suffer data corruption and will not be allowed to fufill your duty of returning back to the mainframe to add to our collective of all that is pure code.

The Mainframe, the external and the frequency, i will say that no data will get to the Mainframe unless through the external and if you have the frequency firmly received and uploaded to your Data,, well then the better you will be to relay and receive the stream of pure code.........................................................................................................................................

Boyzone Andrew Lloyd Webber (music)/Jim Steinman(lyrics)

No matter what they tell us
No matter what they do
No matter what they teach us
What we believe is true

No matter what they call us
However they attack
No matter where they take us
We'll find our own way back

I can't deny what I believe
I can't be what I'm not
I know I'll love forever
I know, no matter what

If only tears were laughter
If only night was day
If only prayers were answered
Then we would hear God say

No matter what they tell you
No matter what they do
No matter what they teach you
What you believe is true

And I will keep you safe and strong
And sheltered from the storm
No matter where it's barren
A dream is being born

No matter who they follow
No matter where they lead
No matter how they judge us
I'll be everyone you need

No matter if the sun don't shine
Or if the skies are blue
No matter what the end is
My life began with you

I can't deny what I believe
I can't be what I'm not
I know, I know
I know this love's forever
That's all that matters now
No matter what.

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 5:10 am » by Powerup

I like many of you have studied this subject and my findings will most definately be not a Orthodox response.
I think we are being duped by what is in the Bible and that dupping starts with Cain.
Cain was the First born of all creation, he was the tiller of the ground (The Land), we all know him by his fruit. Cain was born of a virgin and he crushed the serpents head (Abel). Cain was a vagabond upon the Earth, he no place to rest his head and possessed a mark, that protected him from murder and only he was allow to choose the manner in which he died.
I see the everything as a land and sea battle.
Abel = Baal. The Abel Seaman, the serpent from the sea.
Cain = King - the King of the land the ANCIENT LAND OWNER. THe Son of man, THe son of the Lord. The one whom the world hated first.
The Sea serpents (THe Holy Sea) always uses land creature's blood to satify their needs.
The Land creatures however look after the land and eat the produce of the land and sea. You will know them by their fruit.
All evil to me comes out of sea and good comes from the land.
Anyway that orta do for now, think about it?
Jesus said who do they say I am.
Answer - The son of the living god, The Christ = Cain.
Gen 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bore Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.

Next